Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have an issue with the bathroom toilet flushing, but I did go with two men whom I do not live with. Lets just say that it often sounded like they were trying to start a Harley in the bathroom. I will also say that our fan NEVER turned off. It was working some overtime though.
I've read this from someone before, too. I would rather the fan go nonstop then not have it on when I need it :rolleyes:

I've thought about doing this once Disney updates their site with pics of the refurbished rooms. I've stayed at Pop over 25 times so frequent this thread and would be happy to keep it updated as information changes. Please let me know if fellow DISers would be interested in a new Pop thread with updated pics and information.

The previous threads were closed around 180 pages and a new one opened. This one is at 430+ pages

We are 10 days out. Should I fax a request for updated room or will my original request be enough?

We have 4 rooms for our party...any chance we could get them close to one another?

We have 4 rooms for our party...any chance we could get them close to one another?

Sure, there's always a chance. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservation line and give the phone CM all 4 reservation numbers. Ask them to link them in the system as "traveling with". Then make one room request on each reservation of "close to xxx, xxx and xxx" with xxx being the other reservation numbers.

I've thought about doing this once Disney updates their site with pics of the refurbished rooms. I've stayed at Pop over 25 times so frequent this thread and would be happy to keep it updated as information changes. Please let me know if fellow DISers would be interested in a new Pop thread with updated pics and information.

I vote YES! Please do.

Is there a benefit to checking in online versus in person? Are you more likely to get your room request or something?

I find it nice that they text me and I can go straight to my room. I've had a number of trips since this started where I never went to the front desk the entire trip.

Other than that I haven't seen much of a difference as far as requests or pixie dust.

I find it nice that they text me and I can go straight to my room. I've had a number of trips since this started where I never went to the front desk the entire trip.

Just wanted to add for clarification purposes that not everybody that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. Some guests still have to stop there first. But it is great when it works out that way! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to add for clarification purposes that not everybody that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. Some guests still have to stop there first. But it is great when it works out that way! :thumbsup2

That's true. When it was simply the we'll text you when the room is ready I was about 50/50 on whether or not I actually got the text. I've also done online check exclusively since that started and it did make the line go much faster.

But I've gotten the email to bypass the desk every single trip since that feature started and that has been nearly 100%. I had one trip...the last trip actually, where I had to ask to change rooms due to an allergic reaction. Other than that I have had no glitches.

Although now I've probably jinxed myself :rolleyes1

That's true. When it was simply the we'll text you when the room is ready I was about 50/50 on whether or not I actually got the text. I've also done online check exclusively since that started and it did make the line go much faster.

But I've gotten the email to bypass the desk every single trip since that feature started and that has been nearly 100%. I had one trip...the last trip actually, where I had to ask to change rooms due to an allergic reaction. Other than that I have had no glitches.

Although now I've probably jinxed myself :rolleyes1
Living outside the US we always have to go to desk to pick up MBs, but I wish we would get room ready texts. WDW won’t text to non US cell phones, and we’ve only received email once, after we were in our room 2 hrs. Not very useful!

WDW won’t text to non US cell phones
I have given my Canadian cell number before when asked for "US number" and it worked. That was in Disneyland, though, maybe WDW is different? For sure that's beside the point for rooms, as we do have to go to the front desk either way, but I thought I'd mention that even if they ask for a US number, I've found they can't tell the difference if you give a Canadian number.

I have given my Canadian cell number before when asked for "US number" and it worked. That was in Disneyland, though, maybe WDW is different? For sure that's beside the point for rooms, as we do have to go to the front desk either way, but I thought I'd mention that even if they ask for a US number, I've found they can't tell the difference if you give a Canadian number.
Interesting. I seem to remember with WDW when I tried to enter Canadian # it detected it and a bubble popped up. So I haven’t bothered for awhile and just entered my email.
We just returned from a DL trip last month. I found DL & WDW run things very differently. Going thru the gates at the DL & CA parks is much faster without the stupid biometric finger scan. That really slows things down. DL uses photo associated with ticket and its much faster.

Yes please! I tokk a couple pics last week too

Staying at POP in February! We have a preferred room booked so only 70s, 60s, and 50s were listed in the room request field for me, I guess those are the only buildings with preferred rooms?

Hoping we get a refurbed room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter