Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone noticing more noise since the new laminate flooring has been installed?

I am wondering about this, too. It is a concern for me.

In my opinion yes. Two stays in new rooms. Room itself echoes more especially if the murphy bed is up. Last trip we were woken up after 1 am with lots of folks walking around (I assumed after MNSSHP) which continued for 30 minutes or so. We were on TOP floor, so they weren't over us but next to or under us.

I've thought about doing this once Disney updates their site with pics of the refurbished rooms. I've stayed at Pop over 25 times so frequent this thread and would be happy to keep it updated as information changes. Please let me know if fellow DISers would be interested in a new Pop thread with updated pics and information.

Since Pop has become our go-to resort when we're out of DVC points, I too would be interested in a new Pop thread with updated pics and information. And I think you'd be a great person to start and maintain it!

In my opinion yes. Two stays in new rooms. Room itself echoes more especially if the murphy bed is up. Last trip we were woken up after 1 am with lots of folks walking around (I assumed after MNSSHP) which continued for 30 minutes or so. We were on TOP floor, so they weren't over us but next to or under us.
:( Thank you for the information.

:( Thank you for the information.

It wasn't horrible to the point I wouldn't stay there, it was just noticeable over when there was carpeting. Depending on your location you now also hear the showers some because the walls are no longer sound absorbing tile but plastic inserts. Toilets are still turbo flushers BUT I loved that they sit much higher .. yeah for grown up potties.

I was never bothered before by the "outside" noise others complained about
so this doesn't bother me too much but it was enough that it woke me up.
I'm not easily woken up by outside noises.

Last edited:
Is anyone noticing more noise since the new laminate flooring has been installed?
I was there for Irma so the place was pretty much sold out and I didn't hear any more noise then before. I actually don't remember hearing much of any noise from any of the other rooms.

Given the major renovation of the rooms, the gondola and maybe more changes, and possibility of rate increases ........... starting a completely new thread ... especially given OP is gone now ... is probably a good idea.
Agreed!

I've thought about doing this once Disney updates their site with pics of the refurbished rooms. I've stayed at Pop over 25 times so frequent this thread and would be happy to keep it updated as information changes. Please let me know if fellow DISers would be interested in a new Pop thread with updated pics and information.

It would be fantastic if you can start a new thread. I will be at Pop next month, so if you need some pics, let me know.

I'd love to see a new thread. While we've stayed at Pop Century several times, we haven't stayed there since AoA opened, but I won't hesitate to return there once we're traveling with only 1 or 2 kids (teens) instead of 3 or 4. We always enjoyed our stays there.

I'm thinking that when you're ready to start a new thread, you could probably post something on the renovations thread and ask if anyone would be willing to let you use their pictures of the renovated rooms. There are quite a few pictures on the thread. You could also just send a private message to anyone who has posted pictures that you would be interested in using.

Also, if you start a new thread (and I do agree it's high time, what with the renovation and all), please post a link to the new thread here once it's made (before this thread gets locked).

This is why I always use a white noise app when I travel. After a stay at CR where a couple of, let’s say, “enthusiastic “ guests kept us up all night knocking things into their wall, I won’t travel anywhere without it. I was also there during MNSSHP and never was awakened by anyone coming in for the night. The only room to room noise I heard was the occasional toilet flush or exterior door closing, and once I put the app on, I didn’t hear those either. I was also on the top floor.

I am accustomed to using white noise regularly as the neighbors behind me have dogs that tend to bark in the night. It covers a multitude of noises, even other members of your travel party snoring (it used to be a pain to try to get to sleep before the snorers).

We also loved the toilet height. No more sitting on the kiddie commode!

I did seem to hear more noise in my refurbed room than I did in our old room. It wasn't much and definitely not enough to be disturbing but I could hear some walking, the TV from the neighboring room if ours was off and neighboring showers a couple times. This was the first time we had a room with a connecting door though, so that may have contributed to hearing the neighbors more so than just the different flooring.

It is now official, we are booked for our first stay at POP, May 10-20 2018!! Super excited, and I hope we get a renovated room! I don't know how far along they'll be with the renovations by then, but I figure there might be more of the renovated rooms than old rooms left. We'll see! I'll be sure to send in my room requests, and hope for the best.

Is there a benefit to checking in online versus in person? Are you more likely to get your room request or something?

Is there a benefit to checking in online versus in person?

When you do Online Check In there's a possibility that you'll get your room number texted to you and you can Bypass The Front Desk completely. Even if that doesn't happen, your time spent at the Front Desk when you arrive will be shorter.

Are you more likely to get your room request something?

Nope.

But if you don't go to the desk, you won't get the opt out of housekeeping credit. How much is that again? How does it work for split stay?

But if you don't go to the desk, you won't get the opt out of housekeeping credit. How much is that again? How does it work for split stay?

My understanding is that you need to visit the front desk at checkin to request the housekeeping opt out.

It is $10/night of your stay minus 1 night. Split stay doesn't play into it as split stay normally refers to 2 different resorts so the housekeeping credit only applies to your stay at Pop.

If you have 2 different reservations back-to-back at Pop and join them, my guess is your credit will be dependant on whether you stay in one room or are moved to a new room between your reservations.

My understanding is that you need to visit the front desk at checkin to request the housekeeping opt out.

It is $10/night of your stay minus 1 night. Split stay doesn't play into it as split stay normally refers to 2 different resorts so the housekeeping credit only applies to your stay at Pop.

If you have 2 different reservations back-to-back at Pop and join them, my guess is your credit will be dependant on whether you stay in one room or are moved to a new room between your reservations.
We are at the same resort for our split stay...so will just ask when we check in for the last three days. That $ 10.00 can add up. Do you get it as a credit to spend at the parks?

We are at the same resort for our split stay...so will just ask when we check in for the last three days. That $ 10.00 can add up. Do you get it as a credit to spend at the parks?
I'm pretty sure you get it as a gift card and yes you can use that in the parks.

This is why I always use a white noise app when I travel. After a stay at CR where a couple of, let’s say, “enthusiastic “ guests kept us up all night knocking things into their wall, I won’t travel anywhere without it. I was also there during MNSSHP and never was awakened by anyone coming in for the night. The only room to room noise I heard was the occasional toilet flush or exterior door closing, and once I put the app on, I didn’t hear those either. I was also on the top floor.

I am accustomed to using white noise regularly as the neighbors behind me have dogs that tend to bark in the night. It covers a multitude of noises, even other members of your travel party snoring (it used to be a pain to try to get to sleep before the snorers).

We also loved the toilet height. No more sitting on the kiddie commode!
I didn't have an issue with the bathroom toilet flushing, but I did go with two men whom I do not live with. Lets just say that it often sounded like they were trying to start a Harley in the bathroom. I will also say that our fan NEVER turned off. It was working some overtime though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter