Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will begin to gather pics to start a new thread. The biggest challenge to doing so is finding pictures I can use and, learning how to post them so that they're not huge!

Also, if there are any errors in the first posts that you've noticed, please note those as I will put out a call for them later. Thanks!!
Wow that would be great!

What can you use the refillable mug for at POP? It's been a few years since I stayed there and forgot what you can do with it. Thanks.

What can you use the refillable mug for at POP? It's been a few years since I stayed there and forgot what you can do with it. Thanks.
Anything from the fountains - soda, flavored and non-flavored iced teas and coffee and hot tea, I believe.

I have never (*gasp*) stayed at Pop before. I'm torn between Pop ($144/night) and POFQ ($212/night) for my trip in January. I normally decide based on the pool but I'm pretty sure it's going to be too cold for swimming for me! 82 degrees doesn't count as a heated pool when it's 50 degrees out, haha. Am I correct that Pop doesn't have a hot tub? For you Pop lovers, why should I stay there over POFQ, besides the price difference? Thanks!

I find it nice that they text me and I can go straight to my room. I've had a number of trips since this started where I never went to the front desk the entire trip.

Other than that I haven't seen much of a difference as far as requests or pixie dust.
I was looking forward to getting my first text from Disney with my room number, but when I got there I stopped by the front desk to get the gift card for housekeeping, but while I was at the park I got a text around one to go to the front desk. I called, but nobody knew what it was about. Around five that night, went back to the hotel and STILL hadn't got my text. Finally after dinner went to the front desk and they said my room was ready, but never got my text. Had a new room in the 80's. All excited and went to the room and all three magic bands didn't work, well not just the three we were wearing, but none of the nine we had attached to the account worked, Took three days to get that figured out, so when someone finally got us in our room our luggage was already there, so I'm thinking our room was ready at one, but we had never gotten the text with the room number. I' think that text to go to the front desk may have been when our rooom was ready, but we will never know.

I will begin to gather pics to start a new thread. The biggest challenge to doing so is finding pictures I can use and, learning how to post them so that they're not huge!

Also, if there are any errors in the first posts that you've noticed, please note those as I will put out a call for them later. Thanks!!

That is a perfect size. I am heading down next month if there is anything you want some updated pictures of let me know.

I'm heading there the weekend of the 28th (12 days.:flower:). Let me know if you'd like me to grab any pictures.

I will be staying here in April for the first time- I love that they have their own buses to and from the parks, but can anyone tell me if there's issues with the buses getting too crowded during peak times to go to the parks and having to wait for the next one? And how frequently do they run to go to each park? Does anyone have a sample schedule to get an idea? Still debating on doing a rental car vs. using the bus system

I will be staying here in April for the first time- I love that they have their own buses to and from the parks, but can anyone tell me if there's issues with the buses getting too crowded during peak times to go to the parks and having to wait for the next one? And how frequently do they run to go to each park? Does anyone have a sample schedule to get an idea? Still debating on doing a rental car vs. using the bus system

The buses were definitely packed after leaving the parks after the nighttime shows. But I think it is that way for most resort buses, not just Pop.

My only complaint was that the Pop buses always seem to be the farthest of the bus stops at the parks, which was frustrating when my feet were already killing me.

It can really go either way.

On my other POP trip it was during F/W and MNSSHP and honestly I had the longest waits and lines of any trip. Even with 2 or 3 buses arriving back to back peak times were long. Non Peak times were still a little longer than I had experienced before and I did more standing.

BUT......

Others have had the exact opposite experience. So you cant predict.

Disney really does try to manage waits and they did have a CM out with an tablet trying to keep folks up to date about arrival times and to let dispatch know about backups.

Obviously I have another trip planned at POP in the exact time frame and I chose not to rent a car so I'm not worried about it. I will however be allowing much bigger windows for catching the bus.

@Elle23 Were they still closer than the parking lots? Because that would still be a plus. I know the MK parking lot is a hassle so Id probably take the bus there regardless, but what about the other parks?

@bookgirl Hopefully the fact that I'm going at a 'somewhat low' crowd time frame will help- the last week in April, and the only big event going on is F&G

What's the best way to requested a refurbished room? I am staying on the 28th just for one night and I booked a standard room. We always arrive around 10 am to do the parks and breakfast somewhere even though we can't check in until later, I just don't want my early arrival time to affect my chances of getting a refurbished room.

@Elle23 Were they still closer than the parking lots? Because that would still be a plus. I know the MK parking lot is a hassle so Id probably take the bus there regardless, but what about the other parks?

I think so, but to be honest, I’ve never used the parking lots, so I’m sure someone else could give you a better answer!

On trips when we have a car, we only use it for resort to resort meals or shopping around Orlando. The Disney buses are the best for theme park transportation. Although, now that we have discovered Uber, we're addicted! The prices were so reasonable, never more than $10 a ride for a family of 4.

On trips when we have a car, we only use it for resort to resort meals or shopping around Orlando. The Disney buses are the best for theme park transportation. Although, now that we have discovered Uber, we're addicted! The prices were so reasonable, never more than $10 a ride for a family of 4.

Did they jack up the prices during peak hours? I was considering using uber at park closing, but wasn’t sure about the price.

i didn't realize Uber was that cheap. For me, it would be a party of 2 and would be very helpful on arrival and departure day to use for our resort restaurant meals instead of the hassle of taking 2 different buses to get to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!