Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Worth it” is something no one can answer for you, about anything. It’s too subjective. All we can do is offer you the info to make the determination based on your wants/needs/budget.

That said, the Poly doesn’t have cabanas, it has a trio of patios available at the Oasis pool, which is the leisure pool at the resort. I say that to set the expectation...they are much cheaper than the cabanas at the other Deluxes that offer them but it’s because they don’t come with the same amenities. The Oasis patios give you some nice covered seating including a padded lounger but no cooler with fruit tray & drinks, and it’s open air so no ability to close it off for privacy. Here’s what they look like (I took this pic from the lounger):

View attachment 577309

A CM will take your food and drink orders for the Oasis Bar & Grill. (Hopefully by your trip in Nov. food will be back on the menu. It’s re-opening just with drinks.) The pools at the Poly are fairly close enough to each other that it’s not terrible to use the patio as a home base if someone wants to go to the Lava pool to use the slide or something. In normal times you can book half days or full day, right now only full days are available.

My gf and I enjoyed our patio a lot back in Oct 2018. We booked a full day before going to MNSHHP that evening and plan to do the same thing when we go back this fall for whenever we go to the Boo Bash. Pricing is seasonal; we paid about $75 for a full day in late Oct.
Its great for check in or check out days when you don't have a room too!

“Worth it” is something no one can answer for you, about anything. It’s too subjective. All we can do is offer you the info to make the determination based on your wants/needs/budget.

That said, the Poly doesn’t have cabanas, it has a trio of patios available at the Oasis pool, which is the leisure pool at the resort. I say that to set the expectation...they are much cheaper than the cabanas at the other Deluxes that offer them but it’s because they don’t come with the same amenities. The Oasis patios give you some nice covered seating including a padded lounger but no cooler with fruit tray & drinks, and it’s open air so no ability to close it off for privacy. Here’s what they look like (I took this pic from the lounger):

View attachment 577309

A CM will take your food and drink orders for the Oasis Bar & Grill. (Hopefully by your trip in Nov. food will be back on the menu. It’s re-opening just with drinks.) The pools at the Poly are fairly close enough to each other that it’s not terrible to use the patio as a home base if someone wants to go to the Lava pool to use the slide or something. In normal times you can book half days or full day, right now only full days are available.

My gf and I enjoyed our patio a lot back in Oct 2018. We booked a full day before going to MNSHHP that evening and plan to do the same thing when we go back this fall for whenever we go to the Boo Bash. Pricing is seasonal; we paid about $75 for a full day in late Oct.

Wow thanks so much for all of this info! I think it's definitely reasonable! I wonder how early I need to book if we do this.

Wow thanks so much for all of this info! I think it's definitely reasonable! I wonder how early I need to book if we do this.

I don’t think you’ll need to stress out too much over booking. Cabanas/patios are bookable at 60 days out on the recreation hotline nowadays but there’s not a ton of demand over that time of year. We had the only patio the day we booked it and did not see a ton of people utilizing them the rest of our time at the resort. Depending on when you go in November, the weather may be a bit cool which will also depress demand. My last trip to Disney was over Veterans Day weekend 2019 and sitting at Stormalong Bay when I was at Beach Club felt a bit chilly, even as a New Yorker used to cold weather in Nov.

We called right at 7am on our 60 day mark and it was available for all of our days. I'm not sure how fast it books up though. I'd do it as soon as you know you want it and if you are getting up to do your ADRs, may as well book your patio days too! :)

A few months ago I booked 5 nights for the beginning of October. I wanted to add a night or 2 at the end but all Poly rooms are showing unavailable. Is this due to limitations on capacity right now or is everything really booked up? I've been looking every day.

For my October trip I booked 6 nights on dvc rental points as a confirmed reservation since I could not book through Disney. I stalked the Disney website for the remaining two days I needed at the beginning of my trip and they opened up last week. I only stalked for a week or so, but it worked!

View attachment 577309

What are the hours for a full day rental? Just wondering if this might be a good option on our checkin/out day!

Does anyone have an idea when the construction will be complete? And will the monorail be back up? I am supposed to stay end of September. Thanks!

We just booked our trip for February 2022. We had hoped to go in November for my boyfriend's 50th birthday but his work situation isn't going to allow for it. So we are pushing it to when it does work with our schedule. First time staying here (which is our first choice in a deluxe resort). I'm so hoping everything is reopened by then at the resort.

I’m sure this info is buried in this thread somewhere but couldn’t find it quickly!

What’s the best form of transport for getting to MK 60-90 mins before opening? I wasn’t sure how reliable Disney transport is that early. We don’t mind a walk but with the heat we thought boat/bus/monorail might be a better choice.

Also do I need to request a pack and play in advance or can I do that at check in? Thanks!!

I’m sure this info is buried in this thread somewhere but couldn’t find it quickly!

What’s the best form of transport for getting to MK 60-90 mins before opening? I wasn’t sure how reliable Disney transport is that early. We don’t mind a walk but with the heat we thought boat/bus/monorail might be a better choice.

Also do I need to request a pack and play in advance or can I do that at check in? Thanks!!

It's an easy walk to the TTC. I'd do that and take the ferry over to MK. I did that at the MK reopen last July and plan to again this July.

I'm not sure about the PnP. It has always been in the room when we needed it (years ago now). I think they were usually just stored in a closet in the room.

We were just there May 9-15th and the bus was the best way to get to MK (in the morning) for sure. If you walk over to the TTC you're going to be mixed in with the masses and you'll lose your advantage. The bus normally arrived between 6:45-7 every AM. If you're just going in the middle of the day, I would do monorail.

Assuming you’re going before the Poly monorail station reopens, I’d vote bus. While you can have a bad bus experience on any given day anywhere at Disney, we have found the Poly-MK buses quite plentiful and easy given the low guest count at Poly with the hotel side closed.

I'm fairly anti-bus, and had a terrible AK bus experience at Poly recently, but we took the MK bus and it was terrific. Our room was super close to the bus stop so it was much faster to go there and the MK buses were coming every 3-4 minutes, it seemed.

I actually looked for a PnP when we stayed there recently but did not see one in the room. We always bring our own but I was nosy about what brand they had :teeth:

First time staying in a Poly DVC studio - but do they provide those little bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash? What about room cleaning services? FWIW we booked direct with Disney and not through a DVC member or agency, if that matters at all.

Poly has just released more rooms It seems. I have been checking multiple times a day for our week in October and New Year’s Eve weekend. Several room types popped up for New Years and standard view for October

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter