Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poly has just released more rooms It seems. I have been checking multiple times a day for our week in October and New Year’s Eve weekend. Several room types popped up for New Years and standard view for October

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were holding back some rooms just in case they hadn’t fully finished the renovations.

First time staying in a Poly DVC studio - but do they provide those little bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash? What about room cleaning services? FWIW we booked direct with Disney and not through a DVC member or agency, if that matters at all.

You do receive the small bottles of toiletries at the Poly in the studios- no dispensers as of our trip last fall and I haven't heard they switched.
Not sure on the housekeeping as we are DVC and stay on points.

First time staying in a Poly DVC studio - but do they provide those little bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash? What about room cleaning services? FWIW we booked direct with Disney and not through a DVC member or agency, if that matters at all.

Since you’re staying in a DVC room as a cash reservation through Disney, the following applies. They also do daily security checks and may/may not take the trash out at that time (experiences will vary on this part).

And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:

• Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.

Staying in Pago Pago and doing dinner at Narcoosee’s. What’s our best bet - walk to TTC for monorail to GF, or just walk to GF (and if so, how long would you estimate)? Thanks!!

Staying in Pago Pago and doing dinner at Narcoosee’s. What’s our best bet - walk to TTC for monorail to GF, or just walk to GF (and if so, how long would you estimate)? Thanks!!

From Pago Pago? TTC for Monorial. It's a shorter walk to the TTC then Captain Cooks.

It's about .75 of a mile to Narcoosee's by foot...average walking pace, 15 minutes?

Poly has just released more rooms It seems. I have been checking multiple times a day for our week in October and New Year’s Eve weekend. Several room types popped up for New Years and standard view for October
I'd been checking obcessivly for our mid-Oct trip as well and was finally able to switch from GF TPV to Poly TPV! My DDs are going to love the Moana themed rooms. We'll still make it over to the GF for at least one dinner, but I think the little ones will love the Poly.

I am here now and staying at GF. Was too exhausted from rope drop by lunch time to walk around for pics by the time I left MK for my afternoon break today but I did get my favorite meal in the whole world from Capt Cook’s and ate it on my balcony. It was still piping hot even after my meandering walk back to GF.

62D3B449-33C7-445B-8490-2775B031628C.jpeg

Couple of things: MK boats seem to be dedicated lines, one for GF and one for Poly. And Capt Cooks still has a CM at the drink station to give you a disposable cup for your mug.

Last edited by a moderator:
How often are the friendship boats running from poly to mk? We are thinking about walking over from the TTC to Captain Cook's for lunch and then taking a boat to MK after, but experienced long waits for friendship boats from Wilderness Lodge to MK 2 years ago.

How often are the friendship boats running from poly to mk? We are thinking about walking over from the TTC to Captain Cook's for lunch and then taking a boat to MK after, but experienced long waits for friendship boats from Wilderness Lodge to MK 2 years ago.

Not as frequently as monorails from what I’ve seen today.

I am here now and staying at GF. Was too exhausted from rope drop by lunch time to walk around for pics by the time I left MK for my afternoon break today but I did get my favorite meal in the whole world from Capt Cook’s and ate it on my balcony. It was still piping hot even after my meandering walk back to GF.

View attachment 578621

Couple of things: MK boats seem to be dedicated lines, one for GF and one for Poly. And Capt Cooks still has a CM at the drink station to give you a disposable cup for your mug.

I hope you're having a great trip! Thanks for the report on the drink station at Capt. Cook's. Does anyone know if a CM is stationed at the drink station at the Oasis Pool?

Small technicality, the MK resort boats aren’t called “Friendships Boats” - that name is used for the Epcot resort boats.

Generally speaking, daytime resort boat traffic is usually light in my experience, both in normal and current times. Unless recently changed, since reopening they’ve generally been running a direct MK/Poly boat that is one of the old repurposed DAK Discovery River boats. They are of decent size and nice/open, but are... shall we say... very slow. The normal resort launch boats that are much faster (although smaller) have generally been in use at the other MK resorts. Of course, YMMV on any given Disney day with these specifics.

If you’re visiting while the Poly monorail station is still closed, the MK bus is another option - and has generally been running very frequently.

Why would you take a bus to the MK when you can take a boat unless you are afraid of the water? Talk about magical.
Am I the only one not at all happy it has been turned into an IP resort? It is one of the iconic structures of opening day and should have stayed as such.
Now will each resort be dedicated to a character?

Why would you take a bus to the MK when you can take a boat unless you are afraid of the water? Talk about magical.
The bus to MK only an option while the Poly Monorail station is being rebuilt. The bus is currently faster than a resort boat to MK. You can also walk to TTC to catch a Monorail and travel on the Highway in the Sky (talk about magical).
Now will each resort be dedicated to a character?
It might if it fits the theme. Moana fits the Polynesian better than Lilo and Stitch. It is subtle and not over the top or in your face well except for Heihei staring at you in the morning when you use the in room coffee machine.

The Incredibles fit the Contemporary theme and again don't appear to be over the top from what we have seen so far.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter