Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

we are doing 14 nights at CBR and then 2 nights at the polly and just wanted some advice on what room u think we should go for

standard room view, pool view, lagoon view or theme park view?
Cannot go wrong really, but I do not suggest paying for theme park at poly. It is too far away to matter. I have stayed lagoon and standard.

Cannot go wrong really, but I do not suggest paying for theme park at poly. It is too far away to matter. I have stayed lagoon and standard.

oh is it. Won’t be doing that then

i looked on one website and it said this for the standard rooms

• Views of garden, pool, marina, Monorail or parking area
does that mean you could get a pool view and your only paying the standard room price

as I could put that in the requests

I thought standard view rooms were off gardens or monorail🤷‍♂️

does that mean you could get a pool view and your only paying the standard room price

I think that is out of date. There is a specific pool/marina view category.

Standard is garden, Monorail, and/or parking (though unless they have removed a lot of trees, not parking like right in front of you...it would be shielded.

Pool/marina is my favorite. Fiji is my favorite longhouse outside of club level in Hawaii. There are standard views in fiji that look at the beach and grand Floridian that are really nice. That is what I requested for our standard view for New Year’s Eve

Pool/marina is my favorite. Fiji is my favorite longhouse outside of club level in Hawaii. There are standard views in fiji that look at the beach and grand Floridian that are really nice. That is what I requested for our standard view for New Year’s Eve

is that not like a lagoon view then. What’s the difference

is that not like a lagoon view then. What’s the difference

Lagoon view looks out across Seven Seas Lagoon.

Pool/Marina view can overlook any the pools or the boat marina, which is inset into the resort.
disney-s-polynesian-resort.jpg

Hey

we are doing 14 nights at CBR and then 2 nights at the polly and just wanted some advice on what room u think we should go for

standard room view, pool view, lagoon view or theme park view?

From my perspective, a short trip is sometimes a good chance to splurge on a room category you might not otherwise pick for a longer stay. For 2 nights, I’d splurge on a TPV room.

In my opinion, Poly TPV rooms rank up there in the Top 1 or 2 options for room views in all of WDW. There’s just something about looking out your window to the buzz and excitement of the Seven Seas Lagoon. To me it is quintessential WDW/Vacation Kingdom of the World vibe - it’s both peaceful and relaxing, yet the excitement of the parks just on the horizon.

If you’re the type that a room is just a bed and you don’t really care, then go with the cheaper view category. But to me something like TPV would be a nice contrast to your lengthy CBR stay.

Lagoon view looks out across Seven Seas Lagoon.

Pool/Marina view can overlook any the pools or the boat marina, which is inset into the resort.
disney-s-polynesian-resort.jpg

The rooms in Fiji that don't face the marina are considered Standard View.

From my perspective, a short trip is sometimes a good chance to splurge on a room category you might not otherwise pick for a longer stay. For 2 nights, I’d splurge on a TPV room.

In my opinion, Poly TPV rooms rank up there in the Top 1 or 2 options for room views in all of WDW. There’s just something about looking out your window to the buzz and excitement of the Seven Seas Lagoon. To me it is quintessential WDW/Vacation Kingdom of the World vibe - it’s both peaceful and relaxing, yet the excitement of the parks just on the horizon.

If you’re the type that a room is just a bed and you don’t really care, then go with the cheaper view category. But to me something like TPV would be a nice contrast to your lengthy CBR stay.

well we plan in spending most the time at the resort during the two nights. I think we would make use of it to as we would have drinks on the balcony etc

do some of the lagoon view rooms not show a bit of the theme park too 🤷‍♂️

after staying here we will end up always wanted to do deluxe 😂

We stayed in the standard rooms last time and were pretty happy . we had a room on the ground floor (I think 1829 in Rarotonga) with a patio -- that we thought we would use but really didn't. By the times the kids (3 and 6 at the time) went to sleep we were also toast and didn't stay awake much longer. It was theoretically facing the parking lot but we could mostly see a really nice garden and a bit of the monorail which my husband was excited about.

This time I've booked pool/marina view which I am waffling on seeing if I can upgrade but I think it's likely too late as our stay is coming up this August.

We stayed in the standard rooms last time and were pretty happy . we had a room on the ground floor (I think 1829 in Rarotonga) with a patio -- that we thought we would use but really didn't. By the times the kids (3 and 6 at the time) went to sleep we were also toast and didn't stay awake much longer. It was theoretically facing the parking lot but we could mostly see a really nice garden and a bit of the monorail which my husband was excited about.

This time I've booked pool/marina view which I am waffling on seeing if I can upgrade but I think it's likely too late as our stay is coming up this August.
The last time we stayed at the Poly, we had two rooms across the hall from each other in Raratonga. The one facing the monorail had such lush landscaping, my DD couldn’t even see the parking lot. My room was close to the Oasis Pool and also had gorgeous landscaping. Nothing about our rooms felt standard.

Yep! I would happily book Standard again but I'm curious - if we were happy with Standard is an upgraded view going to be even nicer? I'm just going to keep upgrading room types every trip:>

Just booked a stay the Poly for Late July/Early August! Fingers crossed for at least an Ohana opening, but really want to see Grog Grotto reopen.

See you there!

We check in August 1 after a seven night stay at Boardwalk villas. I’m hoping the Polynesian has the kinks worked out from main resort opening the week(s) prior, before we show up. :-)

Dan

what you hoping to upgrade too

We have a lagoon view booked in August. Since CL will not be returning for quite some time, does anyone think they will open rooms in the HI longhouse for lagoon and TPV reservations w/o CL? Our TA seems to think so...

Thx!☺🌺

well we plan in spending most the time at the resort during the two nights. I think we would make use of it to as we would have drinks on the balcony etc

do some of the lagoon view rooms not show a bit of the theme park too 🤷‍♂️

after staying here we will end up always wanted to do deluxe 😂

Given what you describe, it’d be all TPV for me. :-)

Lagoon View is a good choice too, but you can see some variety in exactly what that means. It could be a room with just a little view of some water, or it could be one with a lot of water and it’s not considered TPV given a small obstruction to a direct view of anything at MK.

Granted, I am one that doesn’t like to leave things to chance and will sometimes/usually pay to control what I can control, which is one of my motivations to book TPV.

We have a lagoon view booked in August. Since CL will not be returning for quite some time, does anyone think they will open rooms in the HI longhouse for lagoon and TPV reservations w/o CL? Our TA seems to think so...

Thx!☺🌺

Some CL will begin returning in the fall. Poly is status: at a later date. That more says to me that they saved that building for last and will still be working on it until they are ready at which point it will be CL again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter