Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a lagoon view booked in August. Since CL will not be returning for quite some time, does anyone think they will open rooms in the HI longhouse for lagoon and TPV reservations w/o CL? Our TA seems to think so...

Thx!☺🌺

Speculation of course, but I don’t see why not. Other CL resorts have been putting guests in their respective CL sections of the resort. I was just pixie dusted at GF into the main building last week. Others have reported getting rooms on CL floor at YC. It’s luck of the draw, really. ETA: depends on how fast Hawaii is getting renovated. I suspect staffing is more the issue with the CLs that don’t yet have dates.

I can't post it here, but saw some blog pics of a lot more construction walls in that area outside between Pineapple Lanai and Captain Cooks where they took the tree out. Now the walls extend outwards quite a bit covering the fake grass area.

FYI for anyone going soon.

I can't post it here, but saw some blog pics of a lot more construction walls in that area outside between Pineapple Lanai and Captain Cooks where they took the tree out. Now the walls extend outwards quite a bit covering the fake grass area.

Looking through some old pictures from a trip in 2002 when my sons were a lot younger, there was a sort of lump of lava with water coming out and I believe real grass and other vegetation in that area. I am hoping that they are now changing it back to something more like that as I really never liked that astro-turf.

Oof. Wild that they got even bigger than last week, those walls took out a big chunk of space.

Looking through some old pictures from a trip in 2002 when my sons were a lot younger, there was a sort of lump of lava with water coming out and I believe real grass and other vegetation in that area. I am hoping that they are now changing it back to something more like that as I really never liked that astro-turf.

I don't love the aesthetics of it, but it really is perfect for all the resort activities with kiddos. Sitting on a table outside of Captain Cook's and watching the kiddos run around on that lawn is basically my happy place. :)

Seriously. It went from sort of in the way but mostly off to the side to a full fledged obstacle!

I just took a look at the pics and it looks like the path from GCH straight past the Lava pool is totally cut off now. After I got my Dole Whip from Pineapple Lanai I was still able to walk down to the beach from there to catch the EWP. Would probably have to walk a fair bit around to go that way now.

(I was Facetiming with gf that night and joked that I had never seen so many people gathered for the EWP. I mean I love it to death but I think that's a pretty good sign of how desperate people are for nighttime shows.)

Seriously. It went from sort of in the way but mostly off to the side to a full fledged obstacle!
You gotta love when Disney brings some of the Parks experience into the resorts! Piping in the fireworks music, surprise character visits, Epcot construction walls everywhere -- it's like, why do you even need a park ticket??

Thank you for posting this. I saw the pics. Spoke to CM and they said the plan is to have this done by resort opening date in July, but he added - of course any plan can go off track.....

Last edited:
Ohana Reopening Date Announced

Opening July 9 -Bookings available June 10!

Although Disney characters will not be hosting breakfast, a strolling musician will entertain guests for dinner.

For breakfast, start with pineapple-coconut breakfast bread, move on to Stitch and Mickey Mouse waffles, then dig into “eggs”cellent breakfast skillets with ham, sausage, and breakfast potatoes.

The ‘Ohana dinner features all-you-care-to-enjoy platters of grilled beef steak, roasted chicken, sausage, and island shrimp casserole served with fried rice and roasted broccolini. And yes, ‘Ohana pot stickers, crispy soy chicken wings, and the signature ‘Ohana bread pudding served warm with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream are back! Yippee!

Last edited:
Stinks no breakfast characters...while not nearly as good as the dinner having Mickey, Lilo, and Stitch running around was a highlight for my kids the last trip.

Stinks no breakfast characters...while not nearly as good as the dinner having Mickey, Lilo, and Stitch running around was a highlight for my kids the last trip.

If it turns out anything like Cape May Cafe breakfast is right now with no characters, it’ll be better food and a great value. Still a bummer for the kiddos though especially considering that’s the only place to meet Lilo.

So, looks like some changes to the menu as well for Ohana...they added Sausage to the meats and <sigh> replaced the noodles with fried rice! I am sure it will be yummy....and I probably wont eat as much rice as I did those noodles... unless they made their pasta in-house (which I doubt) curious as to what prompted this...the cost of rice and noodles can't be that different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter