Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Hello everyone! I was able to get Free Dining at a cabin from December 12-19! We were originally going to be the whole time at Wilderness Lodge but since I couldn’t get the FD there, we will be just spending one night there in the 11th and then come try out the cabins. It’s our first trip to Disney World!

I need to do some reading up but we are planning on using Uber to get to the parks so that loop should I request?

Thanks all! I can’t wait!

I'm not sure how uber works at the fort. Not sure if they can pick up at the loop or at the front of the fort. If you have questions about the fort, check out the camping at Disney forum. Lots of information there.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Hi folks, I've looked at the maps and I'm still confused....If I want to get from Trail's End to the Chip & Dale Campfire, do I take the Orange bus line? Would that same line get me from Chip & Dale to the park buses (Disney Springs)? I think we'll be coming in by boat for Trail's End, so at least I have that leg down!

From Trail's End (Settlement Depot) you would take the Yellow bus line to the Meadow Depot stop. And you can take that same bus from Meadow Depot to Outpost Depot to get to the Disney Springs bus.

Hey there! I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Minnie Vans at Fort Wilderness Cabins. Do they come to your loop or do they pick up at the outpost like other Lyft/Uber drivers do? :scratchin

Thanks in advance!

I’m looking at staying at the cabins with my family of 6 this September. Currently, we are booked at AOA w/free dining, but I know I can get free dining here too. I really like the bed situation better at the cabins, but would I miss the 2nd bathroom? Sell me on the cabins!:)

I’m looking at staying at the cabins with my family of 6 this September. Currently, we are booked at AOA w/free dining, but I know I can get free dining here too. I really like the bed situation better at the cabins, but would I miss the 2nd bathroom? Sell me on the cabins!:)
We've stayed at both and prefer the fort over Aoa. The fort is an oasis of peace and quiet after the parks. I thought aoa was busy and hectic. On our last trip, we had 3 adults and 2 kids and did fine with 1 bathroom. People would take showers at different times of the day.

We've stayed at both and prefer the fort over Aoa. The fort is an oasis of peace and quiet after the parks. I thought aoa was busy and hectic. On our last trip, we had 3 adults and 2 kids and did fine with 1 bathroom. People would take showers at different times of the day.
After spending all day at the parks, I definitely want to relax and not have it feel hectic! I’m assuming you did not miss the resort feel or having stuff super close?

After spending all day at the parks, I definitely want to relax and not have it feel hectic! I’m assuming you did not miss the resort feel or having stuff super close?
Not at all. We used to RV camp though so of course we loved the fort! It's 2 of our favorites-disney and camping! There's a thread over on the camping at Disney board about using the dining plan at the fort. Some good tips there.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/has-anyone-used-the-ddp-while-staying-at-fw.3660572/

Explore the camping board. Lots of fort info there.

We sure do love the cabins. The extra beds are a terrific convenience but the one bathroom was a real challenge. As was the small water heater.

We did sometimes feel isolated from the "Disney" experience but then we are not typically campers. It sure is beautiful and quiet.

I love the cabins and we were able to get by with one bathroom even with DH who has IBS. Having the living room, kitchen, and bedroom help for getting ready because as long as you are not using the toilet or shower you have much more space other than the bathroom. Yes, I brush my teeth in the kitchen...
Coordinating shower time might be a challenge if your family has older kids/teens. (My kids are still little)
I never felt cut off from the Disney magic or resort feel. It’s just a different happiness.

I love the cabins and we were able to get by with one bathroom even with DH who has IBS. Having the living room, kitchen, and bedroom help for getting ready because as long as you are not using the toilet or shower you have much more space other than the bathroom. Yes, I brush my teeth in the kitchen...
Coordinating shower time might be a challenge if your family has older kids/teens. (My kids are still little)
I never felt cut off from the Disney magic or resort feel. It’s just a different happiness.
Our kids will be 12, 9, 7 & 5 at time of travel. I would think having better sleeping arrangements for them would be better than a second bathroom, but this is why I am going back and forth.

You also have the nearby Comfort Stations, which are beautiful and clean, if someone wanted to shower at the same time

I apologize if I missed it elsewhere but are they charging a daily parking fee for the cabins now too?

Hey guys, we were able to secure a reservation to Fort Wilderness for New Year's (crazy I know) but we had to reserve the premium campsites because that was the only thing that was available but we wanted to do full hook up instead, of course that is not available at the moment. My question is, if I find someone that has a full hook up site booked for the same dates we have (Dec.29-Jan3) and they are willing to switch with us, do you guys know if Disney will allow us to switch reservations like that? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter