Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

We are staying at Sports for a week , checking out on a Saturday morning, if I added one night (Sat) for a cabin, is that frowned upon, “just renting a cabin for one night”?
I thought it would be fun to spend the whole day there and leave out Sunday morning.
Is there enough to do at FW, to occupy a whole day? I was going to do either Hoop de Doo or Mickey’s Bar B Que for dinner. Also, how early are the cabins ready?
I don't think it's a big deal to rent just one night. When we've been there, seems like many locals go for just 1 or 2 nights on the weekends. I could spend the whole day there. You can go swimming at 1 of the 2 pools. You could rent bikes and go around the campground. You could rent canoes and explore that way too. Or walk the trail connecting to Wilderness lodge. Then have dinner and go to the campfire and movie. Or head to the beach and watch the fireworks.
Check in is 3 pm. If you don't have specific requests and it's not busy, you may get a cabin earlier if you'll take whatever is available.

Is any of the pools gated? Last time we had a split stay at Disney Resorts, we needed to scan our MB to enter the Main Pool at AoA, but not at POFQ.

My DD is interested in visiting the horses at Ft. Wilderness. We're not interested in horseback riding (she has a horse she can ride at home) so I was thinking about going over to Ft. Wilderness for a couple hours one day to the Tri Circle D Ranch and letting her see the horses. Does the ranch have specific hours for people to walk around? What would be the best time to do this? I'm trying to figure out what day it will best fit into our plans. Thanks!

Any chance someone can tell me some tips on which cabins to stay in for easy access to refills and park busses?

I'm traveling with an infant, I'm trying to be as on easy mode as possible.

Does the ranch have specific hours for people to walk around? What would be the best time to do this?

I am not certain of set times, but I would think if you keep with the hours for the pony rides, which I think are 10 am-5 pm.

I know that when I was by there just before 3 on Saturday they were bathing some of the horses. There were dozens of guests walking around, but it did not feel congested.

I am not certain of set times, but I would think if you keep with the hours for the pony rides, which I think are 10 am-5 pm.

I know that when I was by there just before 3 on Saturday they were bathing some of the horses. There were dozens of guests walking around, but it did not feel congested.

Thank you! I'm thinking we might go over and walk around a bit to take a break while we're at MK. I thought we could grab some lunch at the take out window and then walk around and see the horses.

Any chance someone can tell me some tips on which cabins to stay in for easy access to refills and park busses?

I'm traveling with an infant, I'm trying to be as on easy mode as possible.
We like the 2500 loop because it is close to the quiet pool. There is also a laundry room at the pool.
Will you have a golf cart or will you be using the internal busses? There is a bus stop right by the entrance to the 2500 loop. You would use the internal bus route to get to the bus depot for EP, DHS, AK, and disney springs at the front of the campground or to the boat dock at the other end to get to mk. Or if you are renting a golf cart, you can take the golf cart to the bus stop or boat dock.

Can you tell me the closest cabins to morning coffee? Is it within walking distance? Trying to decide if I should bring breakfast/coffee items or can I easily get it every morning at the cafeteria. Thanks in advance.

Can you tell me the closest cabins to morning coffee? Is it within walking distance? Trying to decide if I should bring breakfast/coffee items or can I easily get it every morning at the cafeteria. Thanks in advance.
The closest coffee would be at the meadows trading post but I'm not sure how early they open. Further away would be the take out by trails end. Neither are a quick walk from any of the cabin loops.
The cabins do have coffee pots and coffee provided though. I don't drink it so I can't comment on how it tastes or anything.

No cafeteria (food court) at FW.

Dining at FW: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/dining/

FW Map (Cabins are 2100-2800): http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

As the pp indicated, you can get coffee at the Meadow Trading Post, which is basically a convenience/souvenir store.

No cafeteria (food court) at FW.

Dining at FW: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/dining/

FW Map (Cabins are 2100-2800): http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

As the pp indicated, you can get coffee at the Meadow Trading Post, which is basically a convenience/souvenir store.
Thank you. I believe they signed me up for 2600 loop. Can you walk to the trading post from there? Or should I just take internal bus to get breakfast to go?

Thank you. I believe they signed me up for 2600 loop. Can you walk to the trading post from there? Or should I just take internal bus to get breakfast to go?
I mapped the distance on Google map and from the entrance of loop 2600 to the trading post is 1/2 a mile. I don't think that's a huge distance but I don't mind a little walking. If you want food and coffee, you'll have to travel down to the settlement. Or order some groceries and coffee for the cabin from a grocery delivery service.

@nelsonj3 Great video! I actually found it on youtube while watching Dis unplugged stuff! I was so excited to see an updated video. We are staying in the for first time in June.

The trading post opens at 8 and p&j's take out opens at 730. The take out is by trails end.

Bring breakfast/coffee items.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter