Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

My question is, if I find someone that has a full hook up site booked for the same dates we have (Dec.29-Jan3) and they are willing to switch with us, do you guys know if Disney will allow us to switch reservations like that? Thanks!
I don't see why not.

As soon as you find someone willing to switch call Disney and work it out.

Hey there! I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Minnie Vans at Fort Wilderness Cabins. Do they come to your loop or do they pick up at the outpost like other Lyft/Uber drivers do? :scratchin

Thanks in advance!
We just got back yesterday and while we didn't use the Minnie Vans we did see one in our loop as we walked to the bus stop, so maybe they do come to your cabin.

That is correct, no more table service lunch. They do a breakfast and a dinner buffet most days and brunch on the weekends.

That is correct, no more table service lunch. They do a breakfast and a dinner buffet most days and brunch on the weekends.

Thanks for confirming that Bob. :thumbsup2

Not surprising, I suppose, since it is more efficient (and cheaper) for them just to stick to buffets. Sad about it, though.

Has anyone ever been on the carriage ride? Can children under 18 go by themselves or is a parent required to go with them?

Hi all,

This may sound crazy...but is there mousekeeping in the Cabins? I have never stayed there before and was wondering.

Thanks!

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone knows when FW will be doing their Golf Cart Parade for 2018. We went 2 years ago and ate at Trails End and would love to do this again this year. Thanks.

Just switched my arrival night from CS to a cabin and I’m so excited! Are there pits for a fire outside of the cabins??

Can you take luggage on the internal buses?
We are doing a split stay and I’m thinking about how to get our luggage to bell hop from a cabin for a transfer to BWV.

Last edited:
Hello all! Excited to say we've just booked a Cabin for over Halloween! (Oct 30-Nov. 3). I've always wanted to try the Cabins and FW in general. Took a little effort to get DH on board, but we had such a great time visiting last Halloween, that he finally agreed. I'll be looking through this board and trying to get more familiar with the area. Couple of things, I can think off of the bat.
- How complicated is it to rent a Golf Cart from offsite? Is the hassle worth the savings?
- If renting a Golf Cart from Disney, do you rent for the check out day of your stay? We usually get up and go, as we have an 8 hour drive. I'm thinking we could do without??
- What are some good loop options for Cabin requests.

ETA...thought of one more thing...do you pay parking fees at the cabins?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!