Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Dahlia Lounge, some pics. Current hours are 7pm-12am. Frankly I wish they'd up the opening to something like 5pm. Sometimes you just don't feel like walking over to Three Bridges (which opens at 4:30pm) or Siestas if you want a beverage. 8-)

Outdoor seating is quite nice, especially given current circumstances. Sort of surprised they don't have heaters up here, maybe they roll some out on colder nights?
View attachment 540978

View towards one angle. This was Saturday night just after 7pm. The parking lot was similarly empty during our whole stay, generally speaking. While there were people around the resort and times where it felt pretty normal, most of the time I didn't feel it was particularly crowded or very full.
View attachment 540980

View towards DHS and Epcot. The new Swan Reserve building is a prominent new fixture from this vantage point. iPhone nighttime camera making the parking lots appear a lot brighter/more prominent in these pics than they really are - the view is really quite lovely.
View attachment 540981

We grabbed two seats at the bar. No wait, although in fairness it was right after they opened.
View attachment 540983

View attachment 540984

Food is tapas here. Ordered the Chicken Wings, Croquettes, Shrimp Pil Pil, and Smoked Paprika Chips Really doesn't look all that great in the pics, but it was all very good - especially the Shrimp Pil Pil. Comes with several big shrimp (had already eaten many when pic was taken) and toasted bread for dipping in the wonderful sauce. I would seriously make a trip here just for that dish (and the spicy margarita).
View attachment 540986
Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Glad to read you had a wonderful trip! :)

On our next trip, we'll have to try Dahlia!

Speaking of Dahlia Lounge, some pics. Current hours are 7pm-12am. Frankly I wish they'd up the opening to something like 5pm. Sometimes you just don't feel like walking over to Three Bridges (which opens at 4:30pm) or Siestas if you want a beverage. But they’re open, so whatever it takes for it to stay that way, I’m game. 8-)

Outdoor seating is quite nice, especially given current circumstances. Sort of surprised they don't have heaters up here, maybe they roll some out on colder nights?
View attachment 540978

View towards one angle. This was Saturday night just after 7pm. The parking lot was similarly empty during our whole stay, generally speaking. While there were people around the resort and times where it felt pretty normal, most of the time I didn't feel it was particularly crowded or very full.
View attachment 540980

View towards DHS and Epcot. The new Swan Reserve building is a prominent new fixture from this vantage point. iPhone nighttime camera making the parking lots appear a lot brighter/more prominent in these pics than they really are - the view is really quite lovely.
View attachment 540981

We grabbed two seats at the bar. No wait, although in fairness it was right after they opened.
View attachment 540983

View attachment 540984

Food is tapas here. Ordered the Chicken Wings, Croquettes, Shrimp Pil Pil, and Smoked Paprika Chips Really doesn't look all that great in the pics, but it was all very good - especially the Shrimp Pil Pil. Comes with several big shrimp (had already eaten many when pic was taken) and toasted bread for dipping in the wonderful sauce. I would seriously make a trip here just for that dish (and the spicy margarita).
View attachment 540986

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

(i'm excited)

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Glad to read you had a wonderful trip! :)

On our next trip, we'll have to try Dahlia!

Thanks! I feel sort of bad for saying "our trip was wonderful" when many are cancelling, under new restrictions, uncomfortable traveling, etc, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a great week. In some ways the parks felt less crowded than they did earlier in the fall. I really appreciated the additional holiday week park hours, especially evenings at MK and Epcot. Having those extra windows of park time helps so much with letting people spread out their schedules and makes for a better overall experience, IMO.

Anyway, really thankful that Disney is open, CSR was beautiful as always, and we had the good fortune to be able to spend a bit of time there kicking off the holidays.

We are excited to check in on Friday 12/18. That night is scheduled to be the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian, which our family enjoys watching.

We have a Standard View room so we expect to be staying in Casitas. Do all of the non-tower rooms also have the new interactive TVs with Disney+?

We will be there in 11 days. Can’t wait. How long is the main pool open to use? We plan to unpack, take an Uber to get breakfast items, water, sodas and Red Bull’s for the room ( may decide to do instacart instead) and then relax at the pool after dinner at the resort. I know the pool area / Siestas Cantina serves food until 7:00 and drinks till 10:00, but how long can you use the pool? Does the main pool close at 10 or 11?

We will be there in 11 days. Can’t wait. How long is the main pool open to use? We plan to unpack, take an Uber to get breakfast items, water, sodas and Red Bull’s for the room ( may decide to do instacart instead) and then relax at the pool after dinner at the resort. I know the pool area / Siestas Cantina serves food until 7:00 and drinks till 10:00, but how long can you use the pool? Does the main pool close at 10 or 11?

Feature pool hours are currently 10am-10pm. I keep waiting for Disney to make a seasonal change to shorter hours at some point here, but so far still 10pm.

Feature pool hours are currently 10am-10pm. I keep waiting for Disney to make a seasonal change to shorter hours at some point here, but so far still 10pm.

Thank you.
I am surprised the hours are not posted in the MDE App. I looked under the resort area of the app under my reservation and it lists the pools, but not the hours for each pool at CSR/GDT.

Thank you.
I am surprised the hours are not posted in the MDE App. I looked under the resort area of the app under my reservation and it lists the pools, but not the hours for each pool at CSR/GDT.

Lol, yeah, I wish Disney would do that! They post the mostly accurate operating hours for 98% of their other offerings, but things like pool hours, recreation schedules, and similar resort specific things are always shrouded in mystery and we’re left to current/recent reports from those on the ground. Drives me batty because pool hours are easily one of the most frequently asked questions on the Resorts board!

I’m sure this has been answered before, but what is the current recommended way to get to MK? We used our car to get to HS today and it worked wonderfully, but I’m unsure of the timing trade-off with the self-park/monorail combo or just bus. 2 adults, 2 kids with single stroller. We want to arrive early, leave around lunch, and return around 4:30. This trip has been wonderful so far!

I’m sure this has been answered before, but what is the current recommended way to get to MK? We used our car to get to HS today and it worked wonderfully, but I’m unsure of the timing trade-off with the self-park/monorail combo or just bus. 2 adults, 2 kids with single stroller. We want to arrive early, leave around lunch, and return around 4:30. This trip has been wonderful so far!

For MK, I almost always will vote bus over personal vehicle given the extra time to park, walk to the TTC, take the Ferry or monorail (and having to do it in reverse on the way back). Granted thousands upon thousands of people do that every day, but to me I just want to take the bus so I enter and exit straight at the front of the park. The tradeoff could be a rope drop bus rush or if you have bad luck with a bus coming in a timely manner, which I guess are always ever-present variables even in normal times.

So with that mixed feedback, I'd say do whatever works best for you preferences.

With the caveat that I didn't have a MK day on the CSR portion of our trip this past week so I'm not speaking from direct experience....if it were me, I'd be at the bus stop 7:40'ish and have my car keys in my pocket. If there is an ugly line, punt to the car. If you like the line situation, a bus 'should' be along at some point by 8ish and you'll be off to MK in no time.

Curious to see what others have to say who may have better direct rope drop recent experience in case I'm way off in my timing recommendations.

Glad you are enjoying your trip.

I agree with @GADisneyDad14 about taking a bus over driving to MK (we rarely drive to MK for the same reasons) and think that's a great idea to have car keys in pocket just in case. We are rope droppers, and our semi-recent experience was mixed - we took the bus to MK twice while at CSR (11/6 & 11/9).

On 11/6 the bus to MK worked beautifully, I think we were down there about 7:30, 2nd in line, on first bus and in line for PP at 8:15 (not rushing up there, we took a few pics along the way). But on 11/9 the first bus didn't come until around 8:30 and there was a huge line by that point (I forget what time we got down there but it was a little later than the first time) DD and I were one of the last to board that first bus.

It seemed the buses for all parks ran earlier on weekends and later on weekdays. Not sure if that is the norm or just how it played out that week at CSR.

Because you are planning to leave and return to the MK, and have a stroller (so younger ones) I'd probably consider buses.

That being said, we had 3 adults and an 11 (almost 12) year old. We drove to all the parks. We tried to arrived at each park 1hr 10 min before park open. We did, within a few minutes, and were held at the toll booths, usually the 3rd or 4th car in our line. At about 1hr or so before opening, they let cars in. And we always parked really close (first few rows). We got into the parks pretty quickly.

For example, Nov 18, We were in the GDT Elevator at 7:52am (based on photo i took of my son). We were at the MK lot by 8 am (park opened at 9) and had 2 cars in front of us. They started letting cars in a little after 8am. I took a picture of the row we parked in at 8:15am. We were through temp check and security points and my first picture on the ferry was 8:29am (the monorail had a line, the ferry didn't, plus with Covid my wife preferred to be "outside"). I took a picture of the train station inside the tap-styles at 8:45. I was taking pictures of the Partners Statue at 8:49am. Space Mountain was our first ride, and its photopass picture was marked 9:11am.

also consider your after lunch return MIGHT mean a longer walk to the ferry or TTC's Monorail platform than getting there first thing in the morning.

But I don't know how long the bus waits or rides are so I can't compare.

Wonderful day at MK. Went to Casitas stop 2 at 7:50...first two busses were for AK and they arrived at 8:15ish. First MK at 8:30ish. In park and on Jingle Cruise by 8:55. Bus was definitely the right choice.

Wonderful day at MK. Went to Casitas stop 2 at 7:50...first two busses were for AK and they arrived at 8:15ish. First MK at 8:30ish. In park and on Jingle Cruise by 8:55. Bus was definitely the right choice.

Do the busses fill up at the Casitas before getting to Tower stop?

Sort of a bummer the first MK bus didn’t come until 8:30 for a 9am opening, but glad it all worked well for you and you had a great MK day. And thanks for reporting back about your experience, always so helpful to hear what’s going on on the ground on any given day.

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter