Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going back and forth as to whether it's worth the upgrade from a Water view room (preferably Ranchos section) to a Tower Water view room. How is the bus transportation from the Ranchos side of the resort... is it any different than the main bus terminal near the tower?

The Ranchos section just seems much more serene and quiet compared to the tower. Does anyone have experience staying at both?

I've been going back and forth as to whether it's worth the upgrade from a Water view room (preferably Ranchos section) to a Tower Water view room. How is the bus transportation from the Ranchos side of the resort... is it any different than the main bus terminal near the tower?

The Ranchos section just seems much more serene and quiet compared to the tower. Does anyone have experience staying at both?

You don't say when your trip is, but at this point the only non-Tower section open is Casitas. I've not seen anything indicating when Ranchos or Cabanas will be open. So if you're only going to be happy in Ranchos or Tower, I'd select Tower until we hear definitively that the other sections are open.

In the tower room we stayed in the wall that the TV was on had a large design with Mickey heads around it. But given that it was the same color as the rest of the design, I could see how some people consider them "hidden". It definitely doesn't jump out at you on first glance.
Exactly. That was the only "Mickey" we saw in the room. Similar to the hall ways. Mickey heads are in the art work and carpet designs, but you have to look for it.

Here are the pics of what I believe were all the Mickey's in our room. The towel animal was impossible to miss. Sorry for the sloppy redaction on the TV screen. Though I did think that was a nice touch.
Yes, that artwork had Mickey. That was it for in the room. We did have a Mickey towel on the bed when we arrived.. but seeing as the covid mousekeeping doesn't make the beds, once you move it, its gone so its just that wall art. We did have to call because our son had a nose bleed overnight, so they changed the sheets and blankets (so made both beds) but they didn't put the Mickey Towel figure on the bed.

It's why I said SOME might be disappointed by the lack of Disney theming. It's not "in your face" Disney.

We expected it to be subtle. I mean, having stayed at French Quarter, its subtle there. When we stayed at Yacht in Oct 2017, we noticed the renovated room removed the nautical items/feel (there was a boat picture on the wall and constellations on the curtains) that was seen in every online video leading up to our trip. Even Pop and All Star Movies (in the rooms) are more plain after their renovations compared to the theming before. It seems to be the way Disney is going with the newer resorts and refurbs. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but some going to a Disney Resort might expect a more obvious "Disney theme" in the room.

Disney parks veteran, but first time *really* staying at CSR. (Stayed one night in 2016, late arrival, early departure to switch resorts). Will be there for a week in early February with boyfriend- my 20th visit, his 2nd. I booked my room using DVC points my mom had that were about to expire and had to be used for a Disney resort hotel room (originally was going to stay at DL Hotel back in June, but you know, Covid). So CSR is what I picked. I couldn't get a tower room, so it looks like I'll be in the Casitas section, based on what I've read so far on this thread?

Also I can gather the main food court isn't open. But some places are offering grab and go breakfast food? Is there still a McDonald's on property over near CSR/BB/AK? Or was that closed? I can't seem to recall off the top of my head. My BF wants to rent a car to avoid crowds and waits for the bus, so McDonald's would be a way to at least get a quick breakfast in us. Is there any indication when the main food court may open again, or is it anyone's guess?

And when I stayed at CSR last time, we were literally fumbling around in the dark trying to find our room/building, as ME had dropped us off. I gather it will be easier to find with a car, and being able to park outside our building area? I have stayed at POR a few times and know that is true for there....

And is just the main pool open, or is the pool in the Casitas section also open?

Thank you CSR insiders for any and all information!

Disney parks veteran, but first time *really* staying at CSR. (Stayed one night in 2016, late arrival, early departure to switch resorts). Will be there for a week in early February with boyfriend- my 20th visit, his 2nd. I booked my room using DVC points my mom had that were about to expire and had to be used for a Disney resort hotel room (originally was going to stay at DL Hotel back in June, but you know, Covid). So CSR is what I picked. I couldn't get a tower room, so it looks like I'll be in the Casitas section, based on what I've read so far on this thread?

Also I can gather the main food court isn't open. But some places are offering grab and go breakfast food? Is there still a McDonald's on property over near CSR/BB/AK? Or was that closed? I can't seem to recall off the top of my head. My BF wants to rent a car to avoid crowds and waits for the bus, so McDonald's would be a way to at least get a quick breakfast in us. Is there any indication when the main food court may open again, or is it anyone's guess?

And when I stayed at CSR last time, we were literally fumbling around in the dark trying to find our room/building, as ME had dropped us off. I gather it will be easier to find with a car, and being able to park outside our building area? I have stayed at POR a few times and know that is true for there....

And is just the main pool open, or is the pool in the Casitas section also open?

Thank you CSR insiders for any and all information!

Yes, Casitas is the only non-tower section currently open.

You will be able to park by your building.

Cafe Rix is currently open for a grab and go breakfast. No word on when the food court might reopen. The McDonalds nearby is open. It was closed for a time as they did a total rebuild.

As of last week, all the pools were open - the Dig Site pool, Casitas, Cabanas, and Ranchos pools.

HTHs!

Yes, Casitas is the only non-tower section currently open.

You will be able to park by your building.

Cafe Rix is currently open for a grab and go breakfast. No word on when the food court might reopen. The McDonalds nearby is open. It was closed for a time as they did a total rebuild.

As of last week, all the pools were open - the Dig Site pool, Casitas, Cabanas, and Ranchos pools.

HTHs!
It helped very much, thank you! I love that all of the pools are open.

Just back from a CSR (GDT) / WL split over Thanksgiving week. Will post some pics and thoughts once I get organized, but happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

I find GDT to be a breathtakingly beautiful resort - and it’s even more so with the holiday decor. Really glad CSR is open and we got a chance to kick off the holiday season there. We had a great stay.

5A62DA94-4DBB-43A0-8D7F-7FDB2CB403F0.jpeg

Just back from a CSR (GDT) / WL split over Thanksgiving week. Will post some pics and thoughts once I get organized, but happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

I find GDT to be a breathtakingly beautiful resort - and it’s even more so with the holiday decor. Really glad CSR is open and we got a chance to kick off the holiday season there. We had a great stay.

View attachment 540807

Would love any tips you might have for using busses...would you suggest going over to the Cassita bus stop since we will have an ECV...I’m just worried that buses will be full before they get to GDT.

Would love any tips you might have for using busses...would you suggest going over to the Cassita bus stop since we will have an ECV...I’m just worried that buses will be full before they get to GDT.

Hmm, so we bounced around between driving and busing - mainly drove for rope drop and bused during less busy times - so not sure my experience can address your question. We did see pretty long bus lines at the GDT stop in the AMs, but it can be deceiving with the spacing it makes it look worse than it probably was, maybe?? Not really sure.

Our experiences with the off peak time buses were that we were usually the only ones on the bus, or just a few other parties, and they arrived empty.

I will caveat we joked that we had amazing bus fortune this trip. At CSR and later at WL it was like we could do no wrong - buses were always there when we walked up or just a short wait (at the resorts and parks), never had anything other than easy/no stress experiences. So I’m preparing myself for the next trip where we will probably have absolutely no bus luck since we obviously used it all this trip!

Anyway, I’m sorry I can’t directly answer your question!

Current selection of cold beverages and basic refrigerated to-go items at Barcelona Lounge (first floor of Gran Destino Tower). Currently only open from 7am-11am. There's also a small pastry case on the bar with a few basic bakery items.

I got coffee/espresso here a couple of mornings. It did seem to back up at times, although that varied.

View attachment 540807

Did you get to go to Dhalia Lounge?

Speaking of Dahlia Lounge, some pics. Current hours are 7pm-12am. Frankly I wish they'd up the opening to something like 5pm. Sometimes you just don't feel like walking over to Three Bridges (which opens at 4:30pm) or Siestas if you want a beverage. But they’re open, so whatever it takes for it to stay that way, I’m game. 8-)

Outdoor seating is quite nice, especially given current circumstances. Sort of surprised they don't have heaters up here, maybe they roll some out on colder nights?

View towards one angle. This was Saturday night just after 7pm. The parking lot was similarly empty during our whole stay, generally speaking. While there were people around the resort and times where it felt pretty normal, most of the time I didn't feel it was particularly crowded or very full.

View towards DHS and Epcot. The new Swan Reserve building is a prominent new fixture from this vantage point. iPhone nighttime camera making the parking lots appear a lot brighter/more prominent in these pics than they really are - the view is really quite lovely.

We grabbed two seats at the bar. No wait, although in fairness it was right after they opened.

Food is tapas here. Ordered the Chicken Wings, Croquettes, Shrimp Pil Pil, and Smoked Paprika Chips Really doesn't look all that great in the pics, but it was all very good - especially the Shrimp Pil Pil. Comes with several big shrimp (had already eaten many when pic was taken) and toasted bread for dipping in the wonderful sauce. I would seriously make a trip here just for that dish (and the spicy margarita).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter