Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are selling the Disney Christmas masks in the hotel gift shop?

I have seen photos of the Christmas masks in resort shops...I understand they have significantly increased the price of the masks currentry being sold in WDW but I just bought a 2-pk of Disney Christmas masks for $11.99 on shopdisney they are offering 25%off and free shipping thru today (Sunday)
http://trk.a.shopdisney.com/ss/c/dp...2/2JhllZ8Ck1Pv4gldTHcwMqKzAoldp-HCmjnApwjyle8

I have seen photos of the Christmas masks in resort shops...I understand they have significantly increased the price of the masks currentry being sold in WDW but I just bought a 2-pk of Disney Christmas masks for $11.99 on shopdisney they are offering 25%off and free shipping thru today (Sunday)
http://trk.a.shopdisney.com/ss/c/dp...2/2JhllZ8Ck1Pv4gldTHcwMqKzAoldp-HCmjnApwjyle8
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, we leave Thursday so it’s too late to order online. The masks I ordered two weeks ago are stuck in USPS limbo so if we want Christmas masks I guess we will pa through the nose at the resort lol.

I would imagine they are using the same mattress (different sizes obviously) in all the rooms renovated across property.

Is that not the case? Do some hotels have nicer mattresses??? :oops:
They definitely have different mattresses across the property. Usually different levels of resorts have different mattresses with the more luxurious mattresses at the luxury resorts. GDT very well could have different ones than the rest of CSR. And even in the same resort mattresses can be different room to room. We’ve had adjoining rooms where both beds were completely different.

They definitely have different mattresses across the property. Usually different levels of resorts have different mattresses with the more luxurious mattresses at the luxury resorts. GDT very well could have different ones than the rest of CSR. And even in the same resort mattresses can be different room to room. We’ve had adjoining rooms where both beds were completely different.

I stayed at POP after they did their room updates Over a year ago and the mattress there was far better than the mattresses I had this past September at Poly or CCV!

Just got back late Saturday night, our Sunday was spent unpacking and doing laundry :( Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread for their information! We had a blast. Enjoyed our Standard View Room in the Tower on the 10th floor. We had a great view. I had wanted to stay in the tower since it opened, and it didn't let me down.

We didn't really eat at the resort (grabbed breakfast sandwiches one morning at Cafe Rix, and drinks at Dahlia lounge two nights), nor did we use the pool. But we enjoyed the resort. My wife used the fitness center. I liked walking around the grounds.

We used our friend's car, rather than any Disney Bus, we didn't use the Magical Express either (She picked us up at the airport and tooks us back too). So I can't say how they were. We didn't see anyone waiting at the bus stop when we left in the mornings.

If I had to choose one area that could potentially be a disappointment for some, it would be the theming, or lack thereof, of the tower. There were plenty of hidden Mickey's in the art work and carpets, IF YOU LOOKED for them, but not so much in the room. Otherwise there really wasn't a overt Disney theme. While it didn't bother us, I know there are some who will miss a Disney theme.

There were plenty of hidden Mickey's in the art work and carpets, IF YOU LOOKED for them, but not so much in the room.

I'm confused... Every video I've seen of room tours, the wall has a large design with Mickeys all around it. Is that only in one tower room and literally everyone who's done a video has stayed in that one room (even when they were there over the same time)? Because that seems like more Mickeys in the room than at CBR or POFQ/POR.

A couple of questions. Which sections are open right now? Do the rooms in the tower have ceiling fans? When we stayed at Riviera the room was hot. I had to have maintenance over ride the system.

I'm confused... Every video I've seen of room tours, the wall has a large design with Mickeys all around it. Is that only in one tower room and literally everyone who's done a video has stayed in that one room (even when they were there over the same time)? Because that seems like more Mickeys in the room than at CBR or POFQ/POR.

In the tower room we stayed in the wall that the TV was on had a large design with Mickey heads around it. But given that it was the same color as the rest of the design, I could see how some people consider them "hidden". It definitely doesn't jump out at you on first glance.

In the tower room we stayed in the wall that the TV was on had a large design with Mickey heads around it. But given that it was the same color as the rest of the design, I could see how some people consider them "hidden". It definitely doesn't jump out at you on first glance.

Gotcha. I guess they seem to pop more on video - I'll see for myself in January. It seemed like the poster I quoted missed them as they said there were no Mickeys in the room.

Gotcha. I guess they seem to pop more on video - I'll see for myself in January. It seemed like the poster I quoted missed them as they said there were no Mickeys in the room.

Here are the pics of what I believe were all the Mickey's in our room. The towel animal was impossible to miss. Sorry for the sloppy redaction on the TV screen. Though I did think that was a nice touch.

Attachments

• PXL_20201024_161020007~2.jpg
    PXL_20201024_161020007~2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 62
  • PXL_20201024_161025798.jpg
    PXL_20201024_161025798.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 59
My parents had to cancel their plans to come down from PA so fiancé and I decided on a whim to do a mini staycation. No parks, just resort time. We check in tomorrow for a night in the Tower before going to Yacht Club for a night. Sad for another month I can’t see my parents but happy we can salvage a little of the Thanksgiving break, even if it’s 15 mins from home!

A couple of questions. Which sections are open right now? Do the rooms in the tower have ceiling fans? When we stayed at Riviera the room was hot. I had to have maintenance over ride the system.

As of last week, the sections open were the Tower and Casitas. I don’t believe there’s been any word on when Cabanas & Ranchos will open.

The tower rooms do not have ceiling fans, but the 3 sections (Casitas, Cabanas, Ranchos) DO have ceiling fans.

I was at the Grand Destino Towers shortly after the basketball bubble checked out... I figured the Mickey Shape Towel on bed was leftover from their stay since they have discontinued this. I also feel like it did have a ceiling fan.
Currently the front of Tower has alternating red & green holiday lighting.

I was at the Grand Destino Towers shortly after the basketball bubble checked out... I figured the Mickey Shape Towel on bed was leftover from their stay since they have discontinued this. I also feel like it did have a ceiling fan.
Currently the front of Tower has alternating red & green holiday lighting.
Our room didn't have a ceiling fan as far as DD and I can recall, but from reading other people's experiences, our bathroom was not the same configuration as others (corner room so maybe why?)

We did have the Mickey Shape Towel though. Our stay was from 11/5-11/11

As of last week, the sections open were the Tower and Casitas. I don’t believe there’s been any word on when Cabanas & Ranchos will open.

The tower rooms do not have ceiling fans, but the 3 sections (Casitas, Cabanas, Ranchos) DO have ceiling fans.
Thanks, I'm not shy about asking them to over ride the thermostats. There's also hundreds of you tube videos showing how to do this. It finding the exact thermostat that can be a problem.

I'm always cold until I go to sleep and then my body turns into an inferno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!