Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys just buy mugs? We always had the dining plan. So we just go buy them if we want?
Last year at CSR, we did a two-day dining plan (and split our stay so we didn't have the dining for the full week), but saw the mugs were for sale at Cafe Rix, they had a wall full of them. Was planning to buy them this recent trip but they weren't available anywhere on property far as I could tell.

Do you guys just buy mugs? We always had the dining plan. So we just go buy them if we want?

Yes you can buy the refillable mugs for $19.99 +tax and they did have some more expensive refillable mugs. The mugs can be used at any of the Disney resorts but not in parks.

Just read they removed the pop machines from Rix!
That's too bad 😕 but I'll have my mug anyway. Hopefully they will get the qs up and running before my Feb trip. If not I'll be hitting up qs at other resorts just to get my money's worth 😂

And full circle... Just changed back to a Water View room in Gran Destino Tower for my January trip!! (I started there and have changed all around ever since.) I am definitely satisfied now!!

Yes you can buy the refillable mugs for $19.99 +tax and they did have some more expensive refillable mugs. The mugs can be used at any of the Disney resorts but not in parks.
Potentially dumb question on the mugs - we have like 100 of them from past trips. Can I bring those and use? Or do I have to buy new ones so that they “activate”?
I’m assuming I can’t re-use, but just thought I’d check.

So glad Rix is opening. My DS will be thrilled if they have refillable mugs available! Guess we'll find out after tomorrow if someone reports in!

Potentially dumb question on the mugs - we have like 100 of them from past trips. Can I bring those and use? Or do I have to buy new ones so that they “activate”?
I’m assuming I can’t re-use, but just thought I’d check.

you can reactivate an old one but it will still cost the $19.99 so you might as well get a new one.

Yay! One more week til my vacation starts and 10 days to check in at GDT. Will stop in Louisiana for Thanksgiving before driving to WDW. Been a loooooooooong 10 months of work for me. Still feel like I play Covid dodgeball with patients but I wear my PPE and I am going to Disneyworld!!!!!!!!

Can anyone confirm that just the tower and Casitas sections are the only ones currently open. Also what water options are available for purchase in the gift shop?

I’m failing to see any logic in resisting?? :confused3 :goodvibes
Well...I did it 🤣

One of my reservations about booking is DH may not be able to go (which he'd be OK if we went without him) and DD13 is scheduled to start in-person school on Jan 26. That doesn't give her time to quarantine and I'm not sure school will require it (but I feel we should anyway).

But I figure I could cancel if it looks like school might actually start (I'm seriously having my doubts being the way our district is going...)

So for now, yay! It will be nice to work and go to school at CSR for a week :)

Can anyone confirm that just the tower and Casitas sections are the only ones currently open. Also what water options are available for purchase in the gift shop?
Two weeks ago I believe these were the only options, I didn't see anyone walking around cabanas (I had a good view from my room in the tower).

They had single bottles in the gift shop, but some were larger (liter?) sizes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter