Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yall think that the tower is worth the upgrade?

Obviously very personal, but for me, yes. I was blown away by GDT and think it is a beautiful/stunning building. If only they had put balconies in the tower, I think it would rank up there as pretty close to perfect. The whole vibe just seemed to work well for us, for some reason.

Do yall think that the tower is worth the upgrade?
The tower is beautiful but the rooms are set up slightly different than rooms in the rest of the resort with the bathrooms. We prefer the other buildings because with 4 of us (3 of us girls) we need to be able to have someone showering in the bathroom while the rest of us get ready. In the tower, the sinks are in the same room as the shower while the toilet is in its own little room off of the bathroom. In rooms in the other parts of the resort, the sinks are outside the room where the shower and toilet are located. It's a small detail, but for some families, it does make a big difference.

Last edited:
Did you all get the Disney visa email for discounted rates? Nov. 29-feb. 28. I called and we saved $350 for our December stay!
Did they make you cancel and re-book? I don't want to do that because we snagged Studios on January 1st and I am scared we wouldn't get it again if I have to start all over.

Did they make you cancel and re-book? I don't want to do that because we snagged Studios on January 1st and I am scared we wouldn't get it again if I have to start all over.
No, if you call and speak with a CM they should be able to apply it for you to the existing reservation.

Just to throw this out there for anyone booking standard view at GDT about room assignments. We had room 773 and it was over huge fans. Not the prettiest to look down at but after a day or two, I was very distracted by them with the noise (so this would affect any "73" room and possibly other rooms nearby). If that kind of thing bothers you, just wanted to give a heads up.

Other than that we had a view of Epcot/SSE, Swan/Dolphin and I'm pretty sure was ToT in the background - pretty cool. Had a partial water view as well which was very nice :).

If not for the pandemic I would have prob asked to switch rooms, but since we had already been in there a day or two (and we had been upgraded from the standard room - split CSR stay - to stay in one room in GDT), I didn't want to complain since they'd have to deep clean the room and I did get a pretty good upgrade which made my stay a continuous one.

To do over though, I'd take Casitas, Cabanas, or Ranchos rather than overlook those fans again :). Or I'd ask to be moved. I live near an airport and close enough to hear some highways so I am used to consistent nighttime noise, but this was driving me batty after a few days LOL

Last edited:

I was thinking the same thing so I went in and made an entirely new reservation in my account. It kept all my park passes from the first trip. I then went in and just canceled the first reservation. I had no issues. I did it all online.

I was thinking the same thing so I went in and made an entirely new reservation in my account. It kept all my park passes from the first trip. I then went in and just canceled the first reservation. I had no issues. I did it all online.
Thanks! I called and they indeed helped me! Have a good day!

Hi guys, we returned from our trip almost two weeks ago. We stayed in building 5 in Casitas. For many reasons we didn't love it. The biggest problem was the rock hard bed.
I wanted to wait on our next trip until things returned to somewhat normal but my DS25 who has never been wants to go and bring his girlfriend and her DD6.
So we're planning another trip in March.
So any of you know if the beds are the same in GDT?
I know it's trivial but it affected our sleep and we're trying to find a softer bed. I'd rather not spend the money on a deluxe right now if we don't have to.
Anyone who has stayed in the tower recently, can you tell me if the beds were soft?
Thank you in advance!

Hooray!!! Park hopping returns Jan 1...apparently you do park reservation for first park then you can hop to another park...there are conditions such as the park hopping will be available at designated times for each park...

Hi guys, we returned from our trip almost two weeks ago. We stayed in building 5 in Casitas. For many reasons we didn't love it. The biggest problem was the rock hard bed.
I wanted to wait on our next trip until things returned to somewhat normal but my DS25 who has never been wants to go and bring his girlfriend and her DD6.
So we're planning another trip in March.
So any of you know if the beds are the same in GDT?
I know it's trivial but it affected our sleep and we're trying to find a softer bed. I'd rather not spend the money on a deluxe right now if we don't have to.
Anyone who has stayed in the tower recently, can you tell me if the beds were soft?
Thank you in advance!

I would imagine they are using the same mattress (different sizes obviously) in all the rooms renovated across property.

Is that not the case? Do some hotels have nicer mattresses??? :oops:

Just got our magic bands for our December 11-19 vacation. Can’t wait. Just saw that the Crystal Palace will open on our first Magic Kingdom day, but the menu does not look as appealing as the buffet. But I am glad to see more restaurants open up.
I just wish they would open up room service at the hotel. That is one of my guilty pleasures on vacation!!! I love room service for BREAKFAST. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter