Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all

Heading to Coronado next month and about to put in room request. Was initially thinking casitas four as it’s well located to most things, but also like the look of 7b and 8a, due to close proximity to pools, main centre and bus stop.

Would like to know though any reviews of anyone that has stayed in these two, my two main concearns with these two are construction noise and the buses being full by the time it reaches that bus stop? Thanks in advance

Hi all

Heading to Coronado next month and about to put in room request. Was initially thinking casitas four as it’s well located to most things, but also like the look of 7b and 8a, due to close proximity to pools, main centre and bus stop.

Would like to know though any reviews of anyone that has stayed in these two, my two main concerns with these two are construction noise and the buses being full by the time it reaches that bus stop? Thanks in advance
Stayed there (cabana 8a) in November and there was no noise from the tower work

Hi all

Would like to know though any reviews of anyone that has stayed in these two, my two main concearns with these two are construction noise and the buses being full by the time it reaches that bus stop? Thanks in advance

All park buses travel in the following order: Casitas - Ranchos - Cabanas - El Centro (except Disney Springs bus)

From my experience if you are getting on at Casitas or Ranchos you have no issues but the last two are when you can potentially get into a situation of a bus being full. I have not stayed in 7B or 8A but they both appear to be closer to the Cabanas bus stop. If you're sold on those buildings just take the short walk to the Ranchos bus stop and your problem is solved.

Changed to CSR from POP last night with free dining. Wanted to try something new. Now have to research CSR. Looking forward to a new resort!! :mickeyjum

Both our trip last year and this year were in Ranchos (Buildings 6A and 6B). Previously we did not have a renovated room in January 2018 which bummed us out but with the whole resort completely updated this is no longer an issue. I believe this is one of the quietest areas of the resort. It is the furthest from El Centro and the new tower, but you can either enjoy a scenic walk if you're up to it or hop on any park bus from the Ranchos stop and take it to the main lobby.
Love Ranchos 6B. Such a beautiful area.

Hi all

I was in 8A two weeks ago and you can't hear anything from the construction. As long as you're on the bus before the El Centro stop you should be good. The buses to MK were definitely busier as a general observation but getting on at stop 4 was no problem in regards to space.

We are booked here for August. Standard King Room, with the “Sun and Fun” package discount. Is that likely the best offer?? We are only staying 3 days.

I felt pretty good with the price, but after reading so many various ways people save...now I’m wondering!

Also, asking for room upgrades...I’ve hever done this before, anywhere, it just seems weird! But it will be our anniversary (14 years), and thought it might be worth a try? I also want to get celebration pins. But we don’t land until after Noon, so by the time we get there, our room will probably be assigned, right? I feel like I’m cheating them reven thinking about it! Like..I should have just booked a better room, if I wanted one.

I was in 8A two weeks ago and you can't hear anything from the construction. As long as you're on the bus before the El Centro stop you should be good. The buses to MK were definitely busier as a general observation but getting on at stop 4 was no problem in regards to space.

Thanks for your detailed reply. Was it a water view or gardens?

We are booked here for August. Standard King Room, with the “Sun and Fun” package discount. Is that likely the best offer?? We are only staying 3 days.

I felt pretty good with the price, but after reading so many various ways people save...now I’m wondering!

Also, asking for room upgrades...I’ve hever done this before, anywhere, it just seems weird! But it will be our anniversary (14 years), and thought it might be worth a try? I also want to get celebration pins. But we don’t land until after Noon, so by the time we get there, our room will probably be assigned, right? I feel like I’m cheating them reven thinking about it! Like..I should have just booked a better room, if I wanted one.

What kind of an upgrade are you thinking of? At the moderates, the category differences are largely based on room location or “view”. Keep in mind though that the Coronado “classic” style rooms don’t have balconies or patios and it doesn’t look like the tower rooms will have balconies either - so an upgrade in view would be of no consequence to me, I never sit in my hotel room and look out the window. A room with a balcony/patio (such as at a deluxe) is a different story.

The tower rooms will have the added option of potentially upgrading to club level, but I think it is too early to know whether you could potentially be upgraded to a tower room by asking if one is available at check-in. Then again, in August, I personally would rather be closer to the pool I think.

Long story short, if there is a particular upgrade you’d like, it never hurts to ask a check-in CM “Are there any upgrades available to a water view king” (for example) and then if there are and they let you know there’s a cost, you can decide if it’s worth it. If you get some pixie dust with a free upgrade, then wonderful, but it takes the awkwardness out of asking.

Changed to CSR from POP last night with free dining. Wanted to try something new. Now have to research CSR. Looking forward to a new resort!! :mickeyjum

We used to be POP fans until we stayed at CSR on a last-minute trip when POP wasn't available. We have never gone back to POP since. CSR is so much more relaxing and a beautiful resort. You won't be disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter