Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions about a king bed room? Wife and I are headed for our honeymoon March 15-23rd, and it was about $300 more to book a room with a king bed. It's not a make or break it for us (we sleep in a queen at home and are fine sharing a double!) but it would be nice -- anyone have advice on the best way to request? We have a TP account and could have them send a room request, or check in online or wait to check in day-of arrival (plane lands at 10:10, assume we'll be at the resort around 12:00) and ask in person. Again, I realize it may be a non-starter if they're all taken by convention guests or people who booked them, but I'm always of the mind that it can't hurt to ask. Just looking for input on what people think is the best way to go about doing the asking! Thanks in advance :)

I agree with PP that since its a bookable category and convention attendees are given king rooms first, it might not be that easy to get. But if you don't ask, the answer is always no! You could also inquire if there's any king rooms available that you can pay to upgrade to. Sometimes you can get a CM that's a rule follower.

The good news is that if you don't get a king room, the two beds are queens rather than a double!

Planning a trip this summer and the price at CSR is really appealing....should I be wary of it? It's like $70/night cheaper than POR for the same time frame and I'm looking for like 9 or 10 nights, so it adds up. I stayed at CBR just before they announced the redo and it was a nightmare, so I don't want to fall into that trap again. WDYT?
We are also going towards the end of the summer and booked CSR as the price was less than POR. We stayed at CSR last August/September for the same reason. Even though there was construction going on, it never bothered us. We had stayed at CSR previously. We had a great time. The majority, if not all, of the construction should be done by the summer. The tower opens in early July. Have a great time.

What does TP stand for? I've seen it posted in relation to room requests?

It looks like there is a lap pool at CSR.? Is this pool by the Casitas? I've never been to CSR before and need to get up to speed!

It looks like there is a lap pool at CSR.? Is this pool by the Casitas? I've never been to CSR before and need to get up to speed!

Not sure about lap pool but does look like one from map...TP is the "Touring Plans" website. You can subscribe for more customized services such as trip planning, crowd levels, crowd tracking...if you subscribe they will send a fax to your resort with your room requests.

The lap pool is at Casitas 4 right by the fitness center. It is double the size of the other quiet pools.

As the PP stated TP stands for Touring Plans. It is a Disney vacation planning site. Some stuff on the site is free, but the good stuff you have to by a membership to access. They have a room request feature that I've had good success with.

Thank you for the above information! I'll have to check to see if Casitas 4 is standard or preferred.

Casitas 4 and 5 are standard. Casitas 1-3 are preferred.

I always request Casitas 4 because I use the fitness center. It's a great location.

Last edited:
Well we took the plunge.

We are booked for Dec. 21st to Jan. 3rd at our favorite resort CSR!!

We are going to brave the Christmas, New Years, and Star Wars crowds. Please pray for us!! LOL!!

We have been to Orlando every Dec since 2008 except for 2018. We have spent 3 actual Christmas at CSR so we are familiar with the crowds. I'm not sure how much worse SWGE will make it, but it's the only time DW can get 2 weeks off. We've never stayed for New Years though, the 28th is the latest we've stayed.

Our last stay at CSR was Dec. 2016, so we are really looking forward to seeing the "new" CSR.

Anyone else going to brave the Christmas crowds?
We are probably coming in just before NYE and staying a few days into January

We're looking at booking for Christmas 2019. I stayed at CSR March 2018 for 2 nights with DS (8 at the time). He was not impressed and says that he definitely does not want to come back. But I loved it! We had an old, non-refurbished room. And the food court was very disappointing in offerings and quality. Help me convince him that the next stay will be WAY better.

~Cari~ pluto:

We're looking at booking for Christmas 2019. I stayed at CSR March 2018 for 2 nights with DS (8 at the time). He was not impressed and says that he definitely does not want to come back. But I loved it! We had an old, non-refurbished room. And the food court was very disappointing in offerings and quality. Help me convince him that the next stay will be WAY better.

~Cari~ pluto:

I guess show him pics of the new rooms? Or wait for the tower to open in July & show those too?

Remind him that all construction would be done by then as well.

Can’t help with the food court. Other than breakfast, I think most food court food is bad.

I guess show him pics of the new rooms? Or wait for the tower to open in July & show those too?

Remind him that all construction would be done by then as well.

Can’t help with the food court. Other than breakfast, I think most food court food is bad.
I have been at CSR since 2003 and I have never been disappointed with there food or serving amount. To me, it is something to eat for a decent price being in a theme park.

So excited!!! I was able to modify by current water view cabana choice with standard view tower!!! I have been looking and I am not sure if Disney opened rooms or I snagged it by luck. Since I am trapped in my house due to the 15 inches of snow I received in the last 24 hours, I thought I would see if anything new was available. Now if Disney would only open DAH. I would love to do this when I am down there.

We are booked two weeks on a BB at pop. CS is available for the two weeks for 1,000 more. We will have a car so that is my only issue since we are flying into tampa this year. What is the car parking fee at a moderate? I'm not really one who really cares where we stay but the price for 14 nights isn't bad. DD and I are park open to colse but Dh and older DD need some downtime. Plus it was for the most part a quite resort when we stayed there last. Is there a new lobby now? Also if we wanted to be by the main pool what would I request. Last time we stayed here was 2002.

We are booked two weeks on a BB at pop. CS is available for the two weeks for 1,000 more. We will have a car so that is my only issue since we are flying into tampa this year. What is the car parking fee at a moderate? I'm not really one who really cares where we stay but the price for 14 nights isn't bad. DD and I are park open to colse but Dh and older DD need some downtime. Plus it was for the most part a quite resort when we stayed there last. Is there a new lobby now? Also if we wanted to be by the main pool what would I request. Last time we stayed here was 2002.

The lobby is still the lobby as of right now. The parking charge is $19 per night and if you want to be close to The Dig Site you want to get 8A. I was just in 8253 last week and it was great. Comparatively short walk to El Centro and you're right by The Dig Site/parking lot/bus stop #4.

I just booked two nights after our "Halloween on the High Seas" cruise for 11/1 to 11/3 at Gran Destino, club level. Hopefully I won't be disappointed but $426 a night for three adults seems like a good price considering it's Disney and some sort of club level. :rotfl::rotfl:

If the reviews come back in July that it's not worth it, then those plans will be a changing. Yee haw! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!