Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the slide at the main pool open now?
Everything at the Dig Site pool is open although it looks quite different now that they cleared a lot of the greenery that was on/around the pyramid.
When I was there two weeks ago it was cold enough that they were modifying the hours of the pool on a daily basis. The hours were supposed to be 10-8 but two of the days I was there they had everything closed at 6 or 7 and another day they opened at 11 or Noon.

Everything at the Dig Site pool is open although it looks quite different now that they cleared a lot of the greenery that was on/around the pyramid.
When I was there two weeks ago it was cold enough that they were modifying the hours of the pool on a daily basis. The hours were supposed to be 10-8 but two of the days I was there they had everything closed at 6 or 7 and another day they opened at 11 or Noon.

Thank you! I am asking for a family that will be very disappointed if the slide isn't open at the pool!!

We took advantage of free dining and booked a July trip. It will be our first time staying at CSR!

A little nervous about a July trip, as we typically have gone in late May and early June. We’re also from south Alabama so the heat won’t be foreign to us. We will just have to make sure to pace ourselves a bit more I think.

Anyway, looking forward to our first CSR visit and will be reading up on this thread.

I just booked two nights after our "Halloween on the High Seas" cruise for 11/1 to 11/3 at Gran Destino, club level. Hopefully I won't be disappointed but $426 a night for three adults seems like a good price considering it's Disney and some sort of club level. :rotfl::rotfl:

If the reviews come back in July that it's not worth it, then those plans will be a changing. Yee haw! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We also have a room booked in the tower, club level for Feb 2020, will be watching to see how your trip works out.

Hi! Newbie here. We're booked for CSR next week (1/30-2/3) for a surprise trip for my son's 4th birthday. So excited! I haven't been to Disney in a few years, so I have some basic questions. How do you make specific room requests? All I see on the online check in is a basic preference, like "close to transportation." That's what I picked because I figured that would be important with 2 little kids. But, can we request a certain bus stop? Which one? As far as I know, we just have a "standard" room.

On our last day, our flight isn't until 4:30, do you think we'd have time to go to Disney Springs or go swimming (weather and ability to change our clothes, permitting)?

Also, has anyone used the room entry through My Disney Experience yet? I'm trying to figure out a way to let a local friend in to the room to decorate for my little guy. I *really* want my kids to experience true magic when we enter the room and see it decorated for a party. I couldn't afford the pricey in-room celebration packages, but I was hoping to let my friend use my MDE login to unlock the door. Will that work? Any better suggestions?

Thanks, all! I am beyond excited to surprise the kids with this.

Could some of you CSR experts give me some advice? I am looking at CSR for an early June trip. 6/5-6/9 2019. We would need 2 rooms for 6 adults and one 6 year old. How is the construction there? Would you still recommend it for that time period? We would probably do a couple of pool times with our grandchild and 3 park days. Also, is it hard to get connecting rooms there?

Thanks,

Could some of you CSR experts give me some advice? I am looking at CSR for an early June trip. 6/5-6/9 2019. We would need 2 rooms for 6 adults and one 6 year old. How is the construction there? Would you still recommend it for that time period? We would probably do a couple of pool times with our grandchild and 3 park days. Also, is it hard to get connecting rooms there?

Thanks,
I would imagine that by June the construction would be mostly a non-issue. Even right now it's not a big deal. Everything is done with the rooms, Dig Site & El Centro.
Right now they have a temporary bridge/walkway with some fencing that goes in front of the new tower in between El Centro and 9A, 8B, 8A and The Dig Site. Maybe if you're in 9A you could hear them working but in 8A and over at the pool you no have idea that they're even there although some of the guys working like to take smoke breaks near the fence and you can smell that if you're walking past them on the temp. walkway.

Last edited:

Thanks,

All construction is done now except the tower. The grand opening for the tower is July 9th. So by June they will just be putting the final touches on everything, which is probably mostly on the interior and some landscaping. So construction should be a non-issue in June.

I was hoping to let my friend use my MDE login to unlock the door. Will that work?
Yes, I have, and it did work (mostly), but it was testy when we tried it. I hope it works regularly now with no issues. I haven’t read many recent reports of this. As long as you trust your friend with your MDE credentials this sounds like it would work — but, how will they get in to the resort when they arrive (at the parking gate)? See below for continued discussion...

Any better suggestions?
If it wouldn’t put you over the room maximum capacity for occupancy you could add your friend to the reservation to get an extra magic band for him/her just as a backup in case the app unlock doesn’t work and so that he/she could scan in to park. Also if you happen to have a magic band from a previous stay you could mail him or her your extra magic band. They could leave it in the room when done decorating so that you could have it back.

Just returned from a 4 day weekend at Coronado. My wife and I stayed there last year also, prior to all the room renovations being completed and during heavy construction on the tower.

We were blown away with the transformation that has occurred and will definitely be staying again the next time we book a non-DVC trip (hopefully in the tower). You can really get a feel for how much they are trying to push more and more convention business to this hotel and I would expect based on what we saw in convention traffic it is working.

Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a quiet and beautiful resort. With many guests there on business we hardly heard our neighbors and rarely encountered many others walking around on what was an otherwise busy MLK weekend.

51223957_10100115136064449_2598276010864541696_n.jpg
50424899_10100115021718599_6258472833010106368_n.jpg
50916990_10100115136214149_6898063780589076480_n.jpg
50973635_10100115136313949_4053068707755196416_n.jpg
50797004_10100115021858319_4733850311553187840_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just returned from a 4 day weekend at Coronado. My wife and I stayed there last year also, prior to all the room renovations being completed and during heavy construction on the tower.

We were blown away with the transformation that has occurred and will definitely be staying again the next time we book a non-DVC trip (hopefully in the tower). You can really get a feel for how much they are trying to push more and more convention business to this hotel and I would expect based on what we saw in convention traffic it is working.

Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a quiet and beautiful resort. With many guests there on business we hardly heard our neighbors and rarely encountered many others walking around on what was an otherwise busy MLK weekend.

51223957_10100115136064449_2598276010864541696_n.jpg
50424899_10100115021718599_6258472833010106368_n.jpg
50916990_10100115136214149_6898063780589076480_n.jpg
50973635_10100115136313949_4053068707755196416_n.jpg
50797004_10100115021858319_4733850311553187840_n.jpg

Beautiful pics. What area did you stay in? Trying to decide for a room request. Couple traveling with no kids.

Beautiful pics. What area did you stay in? Trying to decide for a room request. Couple traveling with no kids.

Both our trip last year and this year were in Ranchos (Buildings 6A and 6B). Previously we did not have a renovated room in January 2018 which bummed us out but with the whole resort completely updated this is no longer an issue. I believe this is one of the quietest areas of the resort. It is the furthest from El Centro and the new tower, but you can either enjoy a scenic walk if you're up to it or hop on any park bus from the Ranchos stop and take it to the main lobby.

Does anyone know what the coffee makers are in the room is it Kurig and if so do I have to bring my own pods

I'm glad to see the toiletries still in the room... I know it's silly, but that and the coffee maker are making me look forward to CSR. lol!

The shampoo and body wash and conditioner are mounted on the shower wall in large dispensers. The extra toiletry items are still in individual bottles on the counter... if that matters. The keurigs are great though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter