Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of an upgrade are you thinking of? At the moderates, the category differences are largely based on room location or “view”. Keep in mind though that the Coronado “classic” style rooms don’t have balconies or patios and it doesn’t look like the tower rooms will have balconies either - so an upgrade in view would be of no consequence to me, I never sit in my hotel room and look out the window. A room with a balcony/patio (such as at a deluxe) is a different story.

The tower rooms will have the added option of potentially upgrading to club level, but I think it is too early to know whether you could potentially be upgraded to a tower room by asking if one is available at check-in. Then again, in August, I personally would rather be closer to the pool I think.

Long story short, if there is a particular upgrade you’d like, it never hurts to ask a check-in CM “Are there any upgrades available to a water view king” (for example) and then if there are and they let you know there’s a cost, you can decide if it’s worth it. If you get some pixie dust with a free upgrade, then wonderful, but it takes the awkwardness out of asking.

I have no idea, and like you said we don’t plan on spending a lot of time in the room.

We are booked in a water view room category for our stay in a few weeks. What building/room should I request? We would like to be close to transportation and the main building.

First time at CSR and we are super excited! We have 4 standard rooms booked for a mid-June trip. Which area should we request and when? It is 12 people, mostly adults with two kids 5 and 7. What are the chances of us getting 4 rooms near each other? We want to be in an area that is among the first bus stops and don't care as much about proximity to food court. Proximity to a pool for the kiddies would be a plus.

First time at CSR and we are super excited! We have 4 standard rooms booked for a mid-June trip. Which area should we request and when? It is 12 people, mostly adults with two kids 5 and 7. What are the chances of us getting 4 rooms near each other? We want to be in an area that is among the first bus stops and don't care as much about proximity to food court. Proximity to a pool for the kiddies would be a plus.

It sounds like Casitas 4 might be a nice fit for your family - it is a standard building but close to bus stop #1 and right next to a “quiet” pool. The feature pool is not too far either. If you notate all four reservations that you’re traveling together I would think they could at least get you in neighboring buildings. You can submit a room request any time by calling and asking the cm to notate your reservation, but do so at least a week out. If you booked through a travel agent your agent can make the request. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the response! Also, the last time we went to the World in 2012 we stayed at CBR and they let us check into our room really early in the AM. Any recent luck with checking in earlier at CSR?

Thanks for the response! Also, the last time we went to the World in 2012 we stayed at CBR and they let us check into our room really early in the AM. Any recent luck with checking in earlier at CSR?
No problem!

I would definitely go visit the desk when you arrive - the last time I stayed at CSR (in August 2018) we had two reservations and had requested to be near each other and they had not texted us yet when we inquired because they’d assigned us to two particular rooms that weren’t yet available. However, there were plenty of rooms available at that time if we didn’t need connecting rooms. (We didn’t). They gave us rooms that were almost above/below one another - that’s how I know about the convenience of Casitas 4!

I don’t have kids so I’m not really sure if 5 year olds are okay with showers versus baths but if you need a bathtub in the room with the kiddos just be sure to let them know, we had one room with a tub and one room with a walk-in shower.

We stayed offsite for a night this past July before checking into CSR. Since we were coming from around the corner we were there pretty early - not long after 8:00am. Not only did they go ahead and give us a room that early, they upgraded us from standard to preferred. I wasn’t expecting to get into a room for hours and was just asking about having some of our luggage held, so it was a wonderful surprise.

CSR Room Request Advice.

I've got 4 days booked coming up with just me and my son (10). Two of our days there will be resort days (ie Pool, walking around, couple ADRs at other hotels at night etc).

So I have a standard view room booked. Which section would you recommend to be close to POOL, and not too far from bus stop. Not too concerned with lobby area if there are drink refill areas other than in the lobby.

Any suggestions? Was thinking Cabanas or Rancheros. However I have never been to Coronado before so have no clue.

Thanks.

No school for me today or tomorrow. I am a teacher. We live in NW Ohio by Tiffin. I liked food court but I was there before it changed. We did have rehab room. It was awesome.

No school tomorrow either. I grew up in Van Wert, but now live around Columbus! I remember eating at Pepper Market many years ago, but hoping the new refurbished El Mercado de Coronado is good.

No school tomorrow either. I grew up in Van Wert, but now live around Columbus! I remember eating at Pepper Market many years ago, but hoping the new refurbished El Mercado de Coronado is good.
I have an actual CSR mug from back in 2003. This resort is just so beautiful

Thanks! Really looking forward to staying somewhere new! How is the food court? No school today for DS6!
In essence El Mercado is unchanged from being Pepper Market. The took the same basic idea of cleaning up the look of the place like they did at Panchito's but the core of things is the same. It's all mostly comfort food favorites and I've never had anything but good experiences there. The only thing I don't care for are the desserts. The cakes and cookies are all overly sweet and almost synthetic tasting but that's just me.

CSR Room Request Advice.

I've got 4 days booked coming up with just me and my son (10). Two of our days there will be resort days (ie Pool, walking around, couple ADRs at other hotels at night etc).

So I have a standard view room booked. Which section would you recommend to be close to POOL, and not too far from bus stop. Not too concerned with lobby area if there are drink refill areas other than in the lobby.

Any suggestions? Was thinking Cabanas or Rancheros. However I have never been to Coronado before so have no clue.

Thanks.
8A - It's right by the Dig Site pool and bus stop #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter