Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a excellent deal on Priceline for CSR! I'm so excited! We are going November 10th to 14th. We are staying offsite for our first night since we are getting in late. But, I had CSR booked with a passholder discount at $145 plus tax a night for 3 nights.

Right now priceline has the 12th to the 14th at CSR for $93 and they have an express deal that I could tell was CSR also for $87! I used a 5% off coupon, so I got 2 nights for $207 total. :cool1:

I ended up splurging on a AKL Villa for our first night with a passholder discount, since I got CSR for so cheap! :Pinkbounc

I've got Casitas 4, 4th floor in as a request also, hopefully I get it. :thumbsup2

That’s awesome! How can you tell if an express deal is a Disney Resort? Most of the ones I see say Disney Springs.

On our check in date in December, we will be arriving in the morning before official "check in time". We plan on doing on-line check-in. Will we be able to park at the resort that morning and catch the bus to parks even though our room will probably not be ready?

On our check in date in December, we will be arriving in the morning before official "check in time". We plan on doing on-line check-in. Will we be able to park at the resort that morning and catch the bus to parks even though our room will probably not be ready?

Definitely. You can check in as early as 6:00AM.

Hi everyone! We are due to arrive at CSR on Dec 14th. This trip is a celebration of sorts for our family after a long few years of going nowhere and doing not much of anything in order to pay down debt. We also paid for this trip a little bit over the course of two years. So maybe I've just tried too hard to make it perfect. Anyway, in the past we've stayed at AoA in the family suites, but they've gone way up and we can't justify the cost. I was able to get free dining at CSR, so that's why we decided on this resort.

I planned to request Ranchos, because my kids will love the cacti and old west feel of it. Now I find out that Siestas is closed and the only place to fill our mugs is a 1/2 mile walk to El Centro. I am beginning to worry that I chose the wrong resort but I looked this morning to change and everything else will cost me at least 2k more at this point.

Should I request a Casitas room? Or is Ranchos still the way to go? My kids are 15 and 12, and from Casitas, they can probably run up to El Centro together without us if they want. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We stayed at CSR in April. I did not have any concerns about DS11 and DS15 walking from place to place. We were in Casitas, but they walked to and from el Centro and the Dig Site area multiple times. I would not have had any reservations about them walking from Ranchos to El Centro. While the resort is big, it is not hard to navigate as all you have to do is get from a building to the lake and from there it is easy to visualize a route your destination. I had wanted Ranchos for the theming but ended up in Casitas, which I expected to feel "boring." In the end, I found the fountains and greenery very pleasant. It was our first stay and I really enjoyed the resort.

Would they add club level service to the new tower? I would hate to stay at a deluxe just for club level.

We check in on 12/18, other than the new tower and restaurant still being built, what other refurbishments are still going to be taking place? I thought there were hot tubs at the main pool area, but I can't figure out times they are open, even if they will be open when we are there. LOL Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

We check in on 12/18, other than the new tower and restaurant still being built, what other refurbishments are still going to be taking place? I thought there were hot tubs at the main pool area, but I can't figure out times they are open, even if they will be open when we are there. LOL Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

The Dig Site (main pool area) is entirely closed until mid-December, I think the end date is 12/12. Assuming there's no delays, you should be ok. But if it does get delayed, the whole area was closed off including the hot tub, arcade, quick service, etc.

We just returned yesterday and the only other thing being worked on was the store, but that seems to be almost done. The rear of the store where package pick up used to be was curtained off and it seems they are re-configuring the back half of the store. All the merch was at the front and new fridges appeared to be recently installed in the back behind the curtain.

Just back from 9 nights at Coronado Springs! DH and I stayed in a preferred king room – 3274, second floor, Casitas 3. Some random thoughts on the resort and our stay:

• The refurbished room is gorgeous and contrary to some of the reviews I have seen, we had more than enough storage space. We actually preferred the long desk as opposed to a table, because it provided even more storage space and a place where I could sit and do my hair & makeup while DH got ready at the sinks. Loved the shower. My only minor gripe is the bathroom fan – it triggered with motion so using the restroom during the night made it turn on, and it was noisy!
  • Our room location on the second floor of Casitas 3 was good. Not too bad of a walk to bus stop 2, close to the Casitas pool, and easy walk to El Centro. Our room was on the corner of the inner courtyard (faced the pool), and we could not hear or see any construction. Being on the second floor made it easy to use the stairs near our room rather than walk all the way around to the elevator.
  • In the room, we could hear the person above us walking in what I assume were high heels. We could also hear the toilet above us (maybe next to us?) flushing and a shower running. I don’t think this noise is avoidable, just is what it is.
  • The construction is unsightly when pulling into the resort and honestly made me nervous when we first arrived on DME. But once at the resort, it’s all very localized and was not disruptive in the least to us. I do think if you have a lagoon facing room, you’d hear the construction on the restaurant. The construction was in full swing each morning while we walked to El Centro, between 7-7:30am. Didn’t see or hear much after 4pm. We did see them on Saturday as well.
  • Buses were decent. Had a couple 25-30 minute waits after just missing a bus, but otherwise fine. Bus stop 2 was perfect for always getting a seat, being at the beginning of the pick-up route. We prefer Casitas for this reason.
  • Didn’t use the pool because the Dig Site was closed, making the “quiet” pools crowded and not so quiet. They did have a liquor cart going around since there was no pool bar, and the Laguna Bar seemed busier than normal during the day with people walking over to get drinks.
  • Housekeeping was just OK. I’ve experienced this at POR as well, but it seems they just do the bare minimum – make the bed, empty the trash, replenish the coffee, change the towels, and then onto the next. During our 9 nights there, they never wiped down the mirror that had fingerprints and marks on it, never changed the sheets that had a soda stain on it (from me), and the worst of all – they never swept or vacuumed. As a female with thick long dark hair, I shed a lot of hair each time I dry/brush/style my hair. Throughout the course of the week, my socks picked up more and more hair from the floor so I knew it was never swept. Hair was in the bed, in my shoes – everywhere. There was also towel lint and debris in the corners, and a good line of dust on top of the headboard. I just have never found housekeeping standards at WDW resorts to be on par with some of the chain resorts like Marriott or Hyatt.
  • El Mercado was great. It was never busy – we always saw it half full, at most. This was very different than our experience at POR last year which seemed like the food court was always a madhouse. We ate breakfast here 4 times and got nachos one afternoon. It was all delicious – loved the breakfast sandwich! The only negative is that it doesn’t open until 7am which isn’t conducive to making AM EMH, but the grab and go at Café Rix is a viable option that’s nice to have in those cases.
  • Never used bell services or the front desk. I received my room number via email (no text, not sure why) and the email was received within minutes of me scanning my band at DME in the airport when we arrived at 9:30pm.
  • The store was still under construction in the back – looks like new fridges are being added? They still had a good selection of inventory and items one might need, and we had no issue with package pick-up either.
  • No issues with DME or RAC. We were on the arriving bus with AKL/Kidani and were the first drop-off. Took about 90 minutes from the airport. On the way home, we were the first pick up and stopped at All Star Sports and Music afterward. Picked us up about 3 hrs 15 mins prior to our flight.
  • No issue with convention attendees, but they were definitely around. They hung out at the Laguna Bar and Rix Sports Bar and made those areas crowded after dinner. They also made the Disney Springs bus crowded at night. We came back around 1am one night and noticed lots of empty cups and trash on the tables surrounding the lagoon with several people still hanging out.

I think that covers our whole experience! We think CSR may have edged out POR as our favorite resort this trip. It was really hard to leave – it’s such a beautiful place and strolling through the grounds was so peaceful. I wouldn’t let the construction deter you. Happy to answer any questions!

Just back from 9 nights at Coronado Springs! DH and I stayed in a preferred king room – 3274, second floor, Casitas 3. Some random thoughts on the resort and our stay:

• The refurbished room is gorgeous and contrary to some of the reviews I have seen, we had more than enough storage space. We actually preferred the long desk as opposed to a table, because it provided even more storage space and a place where I could sit and do my hair & makeup while DH got ready at the sinks. Loved the shower. My only minor gripe is the bathroom fan – it triggered with motion so using the restroom during the night made it turn on, and it was noisy!
  • Our room location on the second floor of Casitas 3 was good. Not too bad of a walk to bus stop 2, close to the Casitas pool, and easy walk to El Centro. Our room was on the corner of the inner courtyard (faced the pool), and we could not hear or see any construction. Being on the second floor made it easy to use the stairs near our room rather than walk all the way around to the elevator.
  • In the room, we could hear the person above us walking in what I assume were high heels. We could also hear the toilet above us (maybe next to us?) flushing and a shower running. I don’t think this noise is avoidable, just is what it is.
  • The construction is unsightly when pulling into the resort and honestly made me nervous when we first arrived on DME. But once at the resort, it’s all very localized and was not disruptive in the least to us. I do think if you have a lagoon facing room, you’d hear the construction on the restaurant. The construction was in full swing each morning while we walked to El Centro, between 7-7:30am. Didn’t see or hear much after 4pm. We did see them on Saturday as well.
  • Buses were decent. Had a couple 25-30 minute waits after just missing a bus, but otherwise fine. Bus stop 2 was perfect for always getting a seat, being at the beginning of the pick-up route. We prefer Casitas for this reason.
  • Didn’t use the pool because the Dig Site was closed, making the “quiet” pools crowded and not so quiet. They did have a liquor cart going around since there was no pool bar, and the Laguna Bar seemed busier than normal during the day with people walking over to get drinks.
  • Housekeeping was just OK. I’ve experienced this at POR as well, but it seems they just do the bare minimum – make the bed, empty the trash, replenish the coffee, change the towels, and then onto the next. During our 9 nights there, they never wiped down the mirror that had fingerprints and marks on it, never changed the sheets that had a soda stain on it (from me), and the worst of all – they never swept or vacuumed. As a female with thick long dark hair, I shed a lot of hair each time I dry/brush/style my hair. Throughout the course of the week, my socks picked up more and more hair from the floor so I knew it was never swept. Hair was in the bed, in my shoes – everywhere. There was also towel lint and debris in the corners, and a good line of dust on top of the headboard. I just have never found housekeeping standards at WDW resorts to be on par with some of the chain resorts like Marriott or Hyatt.
  • El Mercado was great. It was never busy – we always saw it half full, at most. This was very different than our experience at POR last year which seemed like the food court was always a madhouse. We ate breakfast here 4 times and got nachos one afternoon. It was all delicious – loved the breakfast sandwich! The only negative is that it doesn’t open until 7am which isn’t conducive to making AM EMH, but the grab and go at Café Rix is a viable option that’s nice to have in those cases.
  • Never used bell services or the front desk. I received my room number via email (no text, not sure why) and the email was received within minutes of me scanning my band at DME in the airport when we arrived at 9:30pm.
  • The store was still under construction in the back – looks like new fridges are being added? They still had a good selection of inventory and items one might need, and we had no issue with package pick-up either.
  • No issues with DME or RAC. We were on the arriving bus with AKL/Kidani and were the first drop-off. Took about 90 minutes from the airport. On the way home, we were the first pick up and stopped at All Star Sports and Music afterward. Picked us up about 3 hrs 15 mins prior to our flight.
  • No issue with convention attendees, but they were definitely around. They hung out at the Laguna Bar and Rix Sports Bar and made those areas crowded after dinner. They also made the Disney Springs bus crowded at night. We came back around 1am one night and noticed lots of empty cups and trash on the tables surrounding the lagoon with several people still hanging out.
I think that covers our whole experience! We think CSR may have edged out POR as our favorite resort this trip. It was really hard to leave – it’s such a beautiful place and strolling through the grounds was so peaceful. I wouldn’t let the construction deter you. Happy to answer any questions!

Thanks for the review. Not so great to hear about mousekeeping...did you bother to say anything about the lack of mousekeeping? We are debating between CSR (our favorite moderate) and Beach Club (our favorite deluxe) for next August. Like you, both myself and my DD have thick dark hair and not having that vacuumed would be bad and gross for that matter. Also, did you notice if the market had any resort specific merchandise like tshirts or sweatshirts? Last we were there, they were "working" on it.

The Dig Site (main pool area) is entirely closed until mid-December, I think the end date is 12/12. Assuming there's no delays, you should be ok. But if it does get delayed, the whole area was closed off including the hot tub, arcade, quick service, etc.

We just returned yesterday and the only other thing being worked on was the store, but that seems to be almost done. The rear of the store where package pick up used to be was curtained off and it seems they are re-configuring the back half of the store. All the merch was at the front and new fridges appeared to be recently installed in the back behind the curtain.

Thank you for the update. I never gave it much thought until yesterday when my DD mentioned going to the pool in the evenings after being in the parks all day. Who knew that was important to her at 16, but I guess it is. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it will be opened since they never contacted me about pool closures. If nothing else, the pools are heated so we should at least be able to relax some with that.

did you bother to say anything about the lack of mousekeeping?

No, we didn't. I couldn't be bothered to. Honestly, we've had similar experiences during our last couple on-site stays at other resorts, so we've chalked it up to mousekeeping just doing the bare minimum each day.

Also, did you notice if the market had any resort specific merchandise like tshirts or sweatshirts?

I didn't see t-shirts or sweatshirts, but they did have CSR coffee mugs, toothpick holders, magnets, etc. Small things that say CSR on them. I bought the mug because it was cute!

No, we didn't. I couldn't be bothered to. Honestly, we've had similar experiences during our last couple on-site stays at other resorts, so we've chalked it up to mousekeeping just doing the bare minimum each day.

Not CSR, but we were at Sports in Sept. and the TV stand was so dusty I could write my name in it. I know many people staying at the Values are foregoing daily cleaning, but geez, it should at least be dusted in between guests!

yesterday saw a report that the three caballeros characters (donald, jose, panchito, and burrito) have all been removed from Panchito's store during the refurb. How sad that makes me!

yesterday saw a report that the three caballeros characters (donald, jose, panchito, and burrito) have all been removed from Panchito's store during the refurb. How sad that makes me!

We noticed this. The refurbishments are making the resort more sterile and simple looking, but at the same time, its also more timeless and visually appealing as well. Still very beautiful colors, accents, etc.

But it's ironic they removed the three caballeros from the store because there were photos (albeit, silhouettes) of them on the walls in our refurbished room!

We noticed this. The refurbishments are making the resort more sterile and simple looking, but at the same time, its also more timeless and visually appealing as well. Still very beautiful colors, accents, etc.

But it's ironic they removed the three caballeros from the store because there were photos (albeit, silhouettes) of them on the walls in our refurbished room!
Sterile - yes / Timeless - we shall see...
I really hope they can find somewhere else to put Burrito. My kids love that character both in person and in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter