Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess what I mean by that is that will take much longer for that style of decor to become outdated. It's subdued and neutral enough to last for years without looking like 1990, like some of the Epcot bathrooms! lol

Off topic but on our last visit we used the facilities in the Wonders of Life pavilion... holy moly was it ever a time capsule!

:scared1:

I think we’re on the same page about the CSR refurbs. I love the new look and am excited to see the tower rooms and new restaurants.

Just back from 9 nights at Coronado Springs! DH and I stayed in a preferred king room – 3274, second floor, Casitas 3. Some random thoughts on the resort and our stay:

• The refurbished room is gorgeous and contrary to some of the reviews I have seen, we had more than enough storage space. We actually preferred the long desk as opposed to a table, because it provided even more storage space and a place where I could sit and do my hair & makeup while DH got ready at the sinks. Loved the shower. My only minor gripe is the bathroom fan – it triggered with motion so using the restroom during the night made it turn on, and it was noisy!
  • Our room location on the second floor of Casitas 3 was good. Not too bad of a walk to bus stop 2, close to the Casitas pool, and easy walk to El Centro. Our room was on the corner of the inner courtyard (faced the pool), and we could not hear or see any construction. Being on the second floor made it easy to use the stairs near our room rather than walk all the way around to the elevator.
  • In the room, we could hear the person above us walking in what I assume were high heels. We could also hear the toilet above us (maybe next to us?) flushing and a shower running. I don’t think this noise is avoidable, just is what it is.
  • The construction is unsightly when pulling into the resort and honestly made me nervous when we first arrived on DME. But once at the resort, it’s all very localized and was not disruptive in the least to us. I do think if you have a lagoon facing room, you’d hear the construction on the restaurant. The construction was in full swing each morning while we walked to El Centro, between 7-7:30am. Didn’t see or hear much after 4pm. We did see them on Saturday as well.
  • Buses were decent. Had a couple 25-30 minute waits after just missing a bus, but otherwise fine. Bus stop 2 was perfect for always getting a seat, being at the beginning of the pick-up route. We prefer Casitas for this reason.
  • !
The buses were ok for us except for pre park opening trying to get to the Magic Kingdom - had to wait at least 50 minutes and missed rope drop and getting on the rides I had planned.

Hi All

Always find this thread really useful, we are heading here in feb next year.

Was watching a tour video of resort today which was filmed yesterday and guy doing said the dig site will definately reopen for holiday season but may close again after? Anyone heard anything about this? If closed in feb I may look at moving resort.

Thanks

Was watching a tour video of resort today which was filmed yesterday and guy doing said the dig site will definately reopen for holiday season but may close again after? Anyone heard anything about this? If closed in feb I may look at moving resort.

I've not heard that, but I did ask a blogger who seems in the know whether the new tower will have a pool. He said no. So, I do wonder if the current Dig Site refurbishment is in preparation of a higher volume of guests, and perhaps maybe more will be done to it closer to tower opening? Just speculation on my part.

Need a little help, if you please...

My wife is attending a conference at the CSR conference center during which we will be staying offsite. I will be working during the three workdays that she will be conferring (conferencing?) and I was wondering if there was a place in El Centro or near the conference center with a place to sit and work with a laptop that is relatively quiet.

Our alternative is that I bring her to CSR each day then return to our offsite for work. Not ideal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Colby

The lobby area is usually quiet, a spot by the window would be nice. You can also use a station at the business center in the conf area. If the weather is nice, you could sit out by the lake or behind El Centro at a table,

So before the ticket structure changed, I bit the bullet and booked a trip the first week in April and I'll be staying at Coronado. There was a great room discount with the Disney Visa so I jumped on it. I've only ever stayed at CSR once, probably fifteen years ago, so I'll more or less be a newbie. It'll be my first time at Flower & Garden as well, so I'll be having lots of new experiences in April! Can't wait!

I was wondering if there was a place in El Centro or near the conference center with a place to sit and work with a laptop that is relatively quiet.

I like PP's suggestion of a table out by the lake, weather permitting. If the weather is not ideal, you could probably get a table out of the way in El Mercado if you buy food or drink there. During our 10 day stay, we went to El Mercado about 5 times, during times I thought it would be busy, and it was never more than half full.

What would suggest our room request should be for a preferred room location? I am hoping for a new room not to far of a walk to the restaurant area. Thank you

What would suggest our room request should be for a preferred room location? I am hoping for a new room not to far of a walk to the restaurant area. Thank you
All the rooms have been refurbished. We have been in Casitas 3 preferred and really liked it, super close to the main building and bus stop 1.

We just returned and stayed in room 1165 which was a preferred room. The walk to the lobby was at most 3-4 minutes. I really like our location. We ate breakfast and headed from there to the bus out front at stop 1 each day.

Stayed at Coronado a few weeks ago...this was our fourth or fifth stay. This was our second go around on the new rooms. Biggest negative to the resort is the noise. If you plan on sleeping I’d book elsewhere. The tower alone wasn’t an issue. But now that the restaraunt is going in...construction can be heard from everywhere. Being woken up in the morning by trucks and tractors got old fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter