Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
...also, I plan to send this in an email, but want to praise the wonderful CSR staff on this thread.

Our DD had an asthma-related medical emergency last Sat night / early Sun morning that required Reedy Creek paramedics to transport her to Florida Hospital Celebration. Needless to say, I was completely stressed because 1) we had no vehicle 2) asthma complications put her in ICU about 10 years ago. DH contacted the front desk, and the resort manager immediately began setting everything up...arriving at our room fast. DD was given IV corticosteroids and several nebulizer sessions, but thankfully discharged around 5 am. She rested until we checked out on Mon, and we rented her a wheelchair until our late flight home with ME.

The experience turned a difficult situation into a close to effortless one and made our already high opinion of the resort (and WDW) even higher. We are just so appreciative of this top notch resort and their super, awesome staff.

Thank you again, CSR! :grouphug:
How scary, but so glad to hear the staff was so helpful!

If this is the plan then where does CSR stand at???

I think it would honestly just be considered an Animal Kingdom area resort.
Who knows really until they announce it.

This is a bad example due to the number of hotels were talking about here but just as Disneyland doesn't categorize their hotels as "deluxe" or "moderate" but price it on based on location/amenities I imagine WDW is doing the same. Which is fine, as long as it makes sense.

Hi there! We are considering our first trip to CSR since room refurbs and since we had our little one. I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether a pack & play fits inside the sink area with the doors closed? Thanks in advance! :)

yes it does
Thank you!! Any idea whether you could still sneak by to get to the toilet with it in there?

ETA: follow up question! All the room pictures I can find have a stand-up shower now - are tubs still available within the standard room category?

All the room pictures I can find have a stand-up shower now - are tubs still available within the standard room category?

Yes, just make sure to put it in as a room request or ask for it at check in if you need one.

We don't have kids so I can't answer about the pack and play but I would think you would still have room to get to the toilet.

Edited to add this photo stolen from Trip Advisor of a refurbished bathroom with tub similar to what we had:

coronado-springs-resort.jpg

Recent guests, did you still receive the Three Caballeros construction pin set? I heard on the Disney Dish podcast that they may be giving out refillable drink mugs to guests at CSR and CBR for the remainder of construction.

Recent guests, did you still receive the Three Caballeros construction pin set? I heard on the Disney Dish podcast that they may be giving out refillable drink mugs to guests at CSR and CBR for the remainder of construction.

We checked in 10/20 and did get the pins. Daughter and SIL checked in the same day and did not. They didn't get mugs either.
But they already had them on the DDP.

What I heard was that if you buy mugs (or get them in your dining plan) you can refill them at the water parks and mini golf too. I am still only halfway through the rapid fire from this week’s show though so I could be wrong.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...efillable-mug-activation-at-both-water-parks/

This appears to be based on the work to the pool, which eliminates one place you would ordinarily be able to get refills.

CSR in 4 days--requested Casita 4, 4th floor water view. We'll see. Hopefully, I still like the resort after 6 years absence.

Excellent choice if you get your request. We've stayed 4th floor Casitas for two lengthy stays and loved the location.

Hello! I’ve never stayed at CSR but just got a deal for $186/night in a standard view room for my early December trip. I still am holding onto my POFQ reservation, which is costing about $40 more per night.

I’m a bit apprehensive about staying at CSR bc of the constriction and transportation issues I’ve read about.

This is a short trip and I’m looking for a ridiculous amount of Christmas to be in my face.

WWYD?

We didn't when we got to our room, but then I saw a mousekeeper the next morning and told her we didn't get a set and she gave us one. I think it was just an oversight, so be sure to ask if you don't get a set!

I got a excellent deal on Priceline for CSR! I'm so excited! We are going November 10th to 14th. We are staying offsite for our first night since we are getting in late. But, I had CSR booked with a passholder discount at $145 plus tax a night for 3 nights.

Right now priceline has the 12th to the 14th at CSR for $93 and they have an express deal that I could tell was CSR also for $87! I used a 5% off coupon, so I got 2 nights for $207 total. :cool1:

I ended up splurging on a AKL Villa for our first night with a passholder discount, since I got CSR for so cheap! :Pinkbounc

I've got Casitas 4, 4th floor in as a request also, hopefully I get it. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!