Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a really hard time deciding between keeping my standard room at Coronado or switching to a preferred pool view room at Pop. We drive, like to relax and play at the resort, and don't really like too much noise (I am concerned about the noise level in a pool view room). Everyone says to save the $450 & switch to Pop. The recent reviews of Coronado really have me thinking I should switch to Pop, as their recent reviews are 90%+ positive. I just read on this thread that Siesta's is closed until January now, which I was already upset about them being closed until 12/12 (the day we check-in). I hadn't received notification that they extended the closure of Siesta's, I am glad to have seen it on here. What should I do? What are some of your opinions? TIA

I am having a really hard time deciding between keeping my standard room at Coronado or switching to a preferred pool view room at Pop. We drive, like to relax and play at the resort, and don't really like too much noise (I am concerned about the noise level in a pool view room). Everyone says to save the $450 & switch to Pop. The recent reviews of Coronado really have me thinking I should switch to Pop, as their recent reviews are 90%+ positive. I just read on this thread that Siesta's is closed until January now, which I was already upset about them being closed until 12/12 (the day we check-in). I hadn't received notification that they extended the closure of Siesta's, I am glad to have seen it on here. What should I do? What are some of your opinions? TIA

I stayed preferred pool at Pop this summer. It’s definitely loud during the day during pool hours and on movie nights. But we aren’t early to bed travelers (and I brought a white noise machine to drown everything out if we slept in).

My biggest concern with CSR would be the potential that the feature pool may not be open during your stay (I believe it’s scheduked to reopen 12/12 but I’ve seen no updates to know if they are on track). The quiet pools are all open.

However, I don’t consider Pop to be a hang around the resort kind of place. I think you will have better options at CSR, just in restaurants alone.

Hmmmm...the whole lack of luggage racks thing is throwing me for a loop. I always use one to put my suitcase on. I might hang a few tops so they're not wrinkled, but normally just live out of the suitcase. I don't think pulling it out from under the bed is practical on the daily. Fortunately this is just a long weekend trip for us, but I'd still like the convenience of a luggage rack. We are in a king room so no second bed for suitcases. If anyone is there and can ask if luggage racks are available it would be very much appreciated! We will be there the second weekend in December! :)

Last edited:

The lack of a luggage rack is a head scratcher to me too. I get that the closet is meant to hold the business traveler's suits and garment bags. But as a business traveler myself, I always use the luggage rack because my stays are usually short and I don't want to unpack everything. I might hang a blazer or two, but everything else stays in the suitcase.

If no one reports back, I'll ask when we're there at the end of the month.

We are leaving in the morning for CSR. :jumping1: Can't wait to see what building/rooms we will be assigned to. I only requested to be near a bus stop. Last trip we didn't want Ranchos and that is where we ended up. We loved it. Very excited to get "home" again.

We just booked CSR for one night before our DVC stay next summer. We're excited because it's the only moderate we haven't stayed at. Any idea if the construction will be done by then?

Hello! Does anyone know what is projected to be completed and what is projected to still need completion in March?

I assume the main pool, rooms, and QS refurbishments will all be completed by then. Is that the correct assumption?

What about walkways? Lake restaurant? Will those be completed?

I also assume the main tower will not be completed until summer, right?

Hello! Does anyone know what is projected to be completed and what is projected to still need completion in March?

I assume the main pool, rooms, and QS refurbishments will all be completed by then. Is that the correct assumption?

What about walkways? Lake restaurant? Will those be completed?

I also assume the main tower will not be completed until summer, right?
Your assumptions are correct. restaurant could be earlier than summer but right now it is scheduled for summer 2019. I can only assume the walkways will open once the restaurant opens.

The suspected reason for the tower construction is to better accommodate business/convention travelers. It appears the recent room refurbs were made with an eye toward catering to the needs of business travelers and conventioneers. As we always travel with a maximum occupancy of two in our room, the lack of a luggage rack never crossed my mind. We simply put our luggage on the otherwise unused second bed. (You can also unpack and then tuck bags under the bed for storage)

Business travelers will probably find the new wardrobe a handy place to hang a garment bag and business attire. Removal of bathtubs, addition of USB outlets, not being overly focused on the size of the mini fridge - all of these are signs to me that the refurbs were not made for family travelers. I get that the changes are disappointing for some, but they are great upgrades for others. It all depends on your perspective.

Those little clear door fridges are going in every resort refurb. No idea why they chose them but they sure bought them in bulk! I am a weekly business traveler and this resort is definitely with attention to the business traveler, which I like. I keep flip flopping between CSR & CBR. Those renovated rooms are so attractive to me! But CBR is essentially done with a functioning hot tub. Oh decisions, decisions.

I've looked through quite a few posts and I'm not seeing a search feature for this thread so I'm just going to ask. We will be driving up and staying one night to do the Halloween party. How close can you park to most of the buildings? We have no problem with walking from far away buildings to the front area but it's nice to be able to park close to your building. Thanks!!!

Thinking about booking for next July. Currently the least expensive Moderate. 3 quick questions:

1.Will the Dig Site pool area be open by then?
2.Will the food court be open?
3.Will the walkways be open to walk all around the lake?

I stayed there last year before the construction and thought it was beautiful. I wouldn't want to go back if it's going to be a mess with the construction.

Having stayed at POP and CSR, if you can afford it, I would choose to stay at CSR. My family likes to use resort amenities, too. The first trip to Disney was in a preferred pool view room at POP. It was building three. I don't remember noise, but I remember the pool lights shined into the room at night, even with the curtains closed. And we were on an upper floor. CSR has a very laid back feel. We like sitting by the quiet pools. The food court can get busy, but it never seems loud or crowded like POP. The CSR bus stops at the parks are closer to the entrances than the POP buses, if you would choose to use them. That being said, we were just at CSR in September, but plan to go to POP in December. We like to mix it up.

Just got back today from my 2nd trip to CSR. We had a great time and I still love the resort. We loved the new rooms with the exception of a couple things. Those being there is no hand rail in the shower and the door that leads to the toilet/shower room is weird. We had a tub/shower. I just feel every tub or shower needs a rail of some kind just in case. As for the door I just feel they should have put a normal door knob there. I found it slightly aggravating locking and unlocking the door the way it was. We had a tiny problem with the AC unit when we arrived and had to call for maintenance. It took them about 5 minutes to get someone there to look at it, which was great. It wasn't on at all. He had to come in the room and open up the wall and turn it on. He left and came back a little later to make sure it was still working well. We didn't have any more problems with it. Other than that we loved it. I loved all the storage space we had with the cabinets and under the bed. We had great service throughout the resort. The resort is going to look great when it's complete. We had no problems as far as construction noise and stuff like that. I would stay here again.

I've looked through quite a few posts and I'm not seeing a search feature for this thread so I'm just going to ask. We will be driving up and staying one night to do the Halloween party. How close can you park to most of the buildings? We have no problem with walking from far away buildings to the front area but it's nice to be able to park close to your building. Thanks!!!
~30 feet from the building? The only parking area I saw impacted was the check in/short-term area.

1.Will the Dig Site pool area be open by then?
2.Will the food court be open?
Yes to both. The quick service is open now!

quick question. I am thinking of switching resorts for our October 2019 stay and try something new. My question is how long would it take to walk to the food court and pool area if you stayed in the farthest building from both? thanks :)

quick question. I am thinking of switching resorts for our October 2019 stay and try something new. My question is how long would it take to walk to the food court and pool area if you stayed in the farthest building from both? thanks :)

According to Touring Plans it’s 6 minutes to lobby from Ranchos 7B. May be longer right now due to construction. But by the time you go, the bridge on the lake will be done (I think) making it a shorter walk. I’ve heard from these boards that about 10 mins is the max.

...also, I plan to send this in an email, but want to praise the wonderful CSR staff on this thread.

Our DD had an asthma-related medical emergency last Sat night / early Sun morning that required Reedy Creek paramedics to transport her to Florida Hospital Celebration. Needless to say, I was completely stressed because 1) we had no vehicle 2) asthma complications put her in ICU about 10 years ago. DH contacted the front desk, and the resort manager immediately began setting everything up...arriving at our room fast. DD was given IV corticosteroids and several nebulizer sessions, but thankfully discharged around 5 am. She rested until we checked out on Mon, and we rented her a wheelchair until our late flight home with ME.

The experience turned a difficult situation into a close to effortless one and made our already high opinion of the resort (and WDW) even higher. We are just so appreciative of this top notch resort and their super, awesome staff.

Thank you again, CSR! :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts