Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were staying at Coronado 22 Sep thru 2 Oct and I received the email yesterday.

I called up to see my options straightaway as I figured it might get busy. The telephone number on the email was specific for guests with resort renovation issues - so the CMs knew what to do.

There was no compensation package in place however, I could move to POR or POFQ for no additional cost (however, we have literally just booked POFQ for 2019 so did not fancy it 2 years in a row)

I asked about AKL or OKW - I was able to upgrade our 10 night trip to OKW for £190/$260

We had already paid to upgrade our dining from QS to DDP and all our reservations remain booked and in place.

Just spoke to guest relations about our December trip. Flavia told me "Don't worry about the pool closure, you only have 5 day park hoppers. I'm sure you'll be spending most of your time in the parks." Thanks Flavia, for telling how I'll be spending my time at Disney. Too bad she doesn't know that we'll be at Disney in August for 8 days too.

Any info on the fitness center hours? Online, it indicates it's open 24 hours - can that be right??

I'm currently planning a Nov. 8-10 trip at CBR, but I wonder with the pool closures and construction if the fall room discount price will drop the CSR room prices a lot... I couldn't care less about getting in a hotel pool so I would be happy to stay there if it's a really low price!

Just spoke to guest relations about our December trip. Flavia told me "Don't worry about the pool closure, you only have 5 day park hoppers. I'm sure you'll be spending most of your time in the parks." Thanks Flavia, for telling how I'll be spending my time at Disney. Too bad she doesn't know that we'll be at Disney in August for 8 days too.
OMG - I can't believe she said that!!!

OMG - I can't believe she said that!!!

I know! I sort of lost it on dear old Flavia at that point. I first told her that I thought it was a bit shady that the closure was announced so soon after so many had booked the free dining there and that options to change were so limited. Then I said how dare she assume how I will be spending MY time at disney! She quickly tried to back pedal but I demanded to speak with her supervisor. She said she was "Just merely making an observation based on my package I booked ". Save your observations Flavia!

Last edited:
Woo boy on the pool closures, especially with it happening during what will be most of free dining. I understand things need to be occasionally closed and refurbished, but really, the notification about this is horrible. Would it have been too much trouble to put this notice out before free dining was released?

Luckily our next stay will be missing the closures by a few days, but if it wasn't, I'd be completely ticked off and would be cancelling my stay there. The only reason we stay at a moderate over a value is the nicer pool and hot tub options. The only reason we stay at CSR vs. the other moderates is because we use the gym facilities, otherwise we would have to stay at a deluxe or pay a fee to use the gym at another hotel. I'm not going to travel to another hotel plus pay a fee to use their gym on my vacation. CSR is currently the only moderate with a gym. And I'm certainly not spending $200+ on any hotel whose main dining facilities are a tent or food trucks (Caribbean) or the other moderates that allow non service dogs on property. I've stayed at CSR before, and its a lovely property, but without the things listed above, I might as well be staying at a value.

My complaints aside, the quiet pools will remain open. Does anyone know if the quiet pools have hot tubs as well? I've never actually used the quiet pool areas at CSR so I couldn't tell if these areas had them.

Does anyone know if/how the contstruction is affecting the jogging route around the lake?

Also, has anyone experienced a massage or any of the spa services?

I just found out that my DH is going to a conference and staying at Coronado Springs! The best part is we all get to go with him! this will be our first time staying at a moderate. :) Does anyone know if there are microwaves and toasters available for use like in the Value Resorts food courts? My son has food allergies and we like to bring food with us. Having use of a microwave increases what all we can bring! Thanks!

I just got the email this morning and when I called to switch, NOTHING. What do you think is the chance of them offering gift cards for the inconvenience like they've done in the past at other resorts? Last year during my wedding guests were at CBR and got $50 a night in gift cards!

I doubt they will offer a gift card. The only time I know of this happening is at CBR when it was a true construction nightmare - there were virtually no amenities and considering the size of the resort, they may have had a hard time filling it. I don't think they'd have a hard time filling CSR, especially not with the free dining exclusions and the convention factor. Plus the construction/closure is much less intrusive than what went on at CBR during their gift card period. Sure its a bummer the main pool, arcade, and playground are closed but there are other pools available. At CBR, getting full meals was an issue!

I am staying at Coronado September 15-24 and I didn't get an email or call either regarding the pool closure. I am also booked via free dining. Did anybody else have luck with a resort change (to another moderate) without any additional costs and with keeping free dining? TIA

Any info on the fitness center hours? Online, it indicates it's open 24 hours - can that be right??

They no longer have attendants in the Fitness Center. You can access it 24 hours a day with your Magic Band.

It's actually a pretty decent little gym for a hotel.

I know the pool closing begins in September, but did they offer a re-opening prediction? January? (she hoped).

I didn’t get an email (staying Sept 8-19). What did the email say?

I didn't save the email but all it said was that the Dig Site would be closed during my stay, which includes the feature pool, snack bar, bar, arcade, and playground. They said the other pools will remain open along with the other bars and quick service.

I am staying at Coronado September 15-24 and I didn't get an email or call either regarding the pool closure. I am also booked via free dining. Did anybody else have luck with a resort change (to another moderate) without any additional costs and with keeping free dining? TIA

It will really be date and length of trip specific. Its worth a shot. The most comparable option will be CBR, since POR and POFQ are blacked out for free dining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter