Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance once the official word comes out about the Dig Site they will let people move to POR I know that wasn’t offered but when I booked all amenities were going to remain open and there is no way they didn’t know about this.

We changed our September trip to CSR because we got a better deal with free dining. I’m disappointed that they don’t feel the need to disclose details like the main pool closure when they know that it is coming. We do plan to spend some time enjoying the resort and the pools. The quiet pools are a better fit for my kids, so hopefully they won’t be completely packed. Either way, we are really excited to try out CSR!!

I just received an email from Disney that the Dig Site will be closed for my visit in October. I already knew of course but it's now official. Check your email.

Yep, I got the email too. Apparently the entire Dig Site will be closed including the playground, volleyball area, QS snack stand, and arcade. They didn't mention the hot tub but I'm sure that's closed too as it sounds like the whole area will be walled or roped off.

Yep, I got the email too. Apparently the entire Dig Site will be closed including the playground, volleyball area, QS snack stand, and arcade. They didn't mention the hot tub but I'm sure that's closed too as it sounds like the whole area will be walled or roped off.

I got the same email - I’m really unhappy about the fact that it’s the playground and arcade too. This, along with the fact that the bike rentals are away, means that there’s nothing for us to do at the resort except fight 50 million other people for the small pools. We are there for 3 weeks, so that’s a long time to be without any reasonable amenities, unless we want to hang out in a sports bar with drunk conference-goers.

I’m on hold with Disney but it’s not looking good for us to find any other hotel that can give us 2 rooms for 3 weeks in October at this late stage.

I finally got my ADRs and tours finalised this morning and was beginning to look forward to our trip again. Now, not so much.

I got the same email - I’m really unhappy about the fact that it’s the playground and arcade too. This, along with the fact that the bike rentals are away, means that there’s nothing for us to do at the resort except fight 50 million other people for the small pools. We are there for 3 weeks, so that’s a long time to be without any reasonable amenities, unless we want to hang out in a sports bar with drunk conference-goers.

I'm a little bummed on the playground and arcade as well. But I'm holding out hope that the construction and Dig Site closure together drive people away from CSR in October, especially since there's no free dining during that time.

Any chance once the official word comes out about the Dig Site they will let people move to POR I know that wasn’t offered but when I booked all amenities were going to remain open and there is no way they didn’t know about this.

I have just been told that they have no availability except at CBR. The call centre CM claims that the renovations there are “not as bad” as at CSR, but I’m calling BS on that!

I'm a little bummed on the playground and arcade as well. But I'm holding out hope that the construction and Dig Site closure together drive people away from CSR in October, especially since there's no free dining during that time.

Hopefully! Though free dining was offered to UK visitors for October, and I know October is a big time for UK people because the schools get a break.

Sorry to multiple post but I have just been moved to POR without any increase in price. She said it wasn’t part of the main database but she did it through the guest recovery team. So it’s def worth a try.

Good to know. When is the school break for UK?

It depends, but sometime in October. My niece’s school is 6-20th October. Most schools only get a week, though the more rural ones in Scotland get 2.

I know re the food tents! Not to mention the time the water went off for a day, or any of the other issues we’ve heard about. I wasn’t happy about the pool, but at least there is a functioning hotel!

Well I received the email today about the pool being closed. We are booked 11/24-11/30. We are on free dining so I guess I’ll start stalking the site hoping another resort pops up. I’ll switch if I can.

Sorry to multiple post but I have just been moved to POR without any increase in price. She said it wasn’t part of the main database but she did it through the guest recovery team. So it’s def worth a try.
Good new for you ! :-)

For us, we've booked our stay in June 2017 (through the UK/IE site). We've benefited from :

- 14 days entries to the parks instead 7 days (thus 7 days free).
- Quick service dining plan free
- Memory maker free
- Gift card for shopping (200$).

Do you think it's possible to keep these advantages while changing the resort today ? How to know how many rooms are available ?

NB : English is not my mother language, so ... ;)

Last edited:
Hey folks, I know it really stinks that the pool, arcade, pool bar, and playground will be out of service for months. I completely get that and sympathize. Something should have been said by Disney before the new promos came out. CSR was listed significantly less than POR, but I at least figured it was because of the construction.
For those of you that are sticking it out, or can't change - here are some positives:

Maya Table Service -really lovely, gorgeous interior
Pepper Market - lots of options, four meal stations, a bakery, and an espresso/ coffee bar, refillable mug station
Cafe Rix - grab n go with bakery, gelato, espresso/coffee made to order, refillable mug station
Rix Lounge - sports bar, appetizers, drinks
Laguna Bar
3 quiet pools
large gift shop with special events on some evenings (paint your own animal figure, etc)
central location to the four parks

I've never encountered drunk convention goers. I have, however, encountered many drunks in World Showcase at Epcot. I still love Epcot.

Good new for you ! :-)

For us, we've booked our stay in June 2017 (through the UK/IE site). We've benefited from :

- 14 days entries to the parks instead 7 days (thus 7 days free).
- Quick service dining plan free
- Memory maker free
- Gift card for shopping (200$).

Do you think it's possible to keep these advantages while changing the resort today ? How to know how many rooms are available ?

NB : English is not my mother language, so ... ;)

Yes, it is definitely possible to keep all those items as part of your package if you move. We have the same package as you do, and we have kept all of our free dining and other perks even though we are moving resorts. It is definitely worth phoning them!

Thanks! Is that the same route when coming back into the resort?

You would think I could answer that as I was just there. ...yes, it seemed we tended to hit #2 first on the way back. At least once we hit el centro first....that may have been the Disney Springs bus which, I believe follows a different route. Maybe someone more observant can chime in!

We were in Casitas 2 and used bus stop 2 most of the time...very convenient

You would think I could answer that as I was just there. ...yes, it seemed we tended to hit #2 first on the way back. At least once we hit el centro first....that may have been the Disney Springs bus which, I believe follows a different route. Maybe someone more observant can chime in!

We were in Casitas 2 and used bus stop 2 most of the time...very convenient

Yes, park buses go 2, 3, 4, 1. DS buses go 1, 2, 3, 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter