Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, I know it really stinks that the pool, arcade, pool bar, and playground will be out of service for months. I completely get that and sympathize. Something should have been said by Disney before the new promos came out. CSR was listed significantly less than POR, but I at least figured it was because of the construction.
For those of you that are sticking it out, or can't change - here are some positives:

Maya Table Service -really lovely, gorgeous interior
Pepper Market - lots of options, four meal stations, a bakery, and an espresso/ coffee bar, refillable mug station
Cafe Rix - grab n go with bakery, gelato, espresso/coffee made to order, refillable mug station
Rix Lounge - sports bar, appetizers, drinks
Laguna Bar
3 quiet pools
large gift shop with special events on some evenings (paint your own animal figure, etc)
central location to the four parks

I've never encountered drunk convention goers. I have, however, encountered many drunks in World Showcase at Epcot. I still love Epcot.

Thank you for the positives, especially the possible special events! Is there an events calendar anywhere that lists what may be available? Both my boys have Autism, so we definitely need some down time each day. The quiet pools may still be fine, but it’s nice to know there might be other options. My youngest is obsessed with all things construction, so he will be happy no matter what!! We are really excited about the resort and are planning to stick it out.

You would think I could answer that as I was just there. ...yes, it seemed we tended to hit #2 first on the way back. At least once we hit el centro first....that may have been the Disney Springs bus which, I believe follows a different route. Maybe someone more observant can chime in!

We were in Casitas 2 and used bus stop 2 most of the time...very convenient

Thanks for your help! :) I’ve heard of some buses being completely full or standing room only at some stops. :scared:

Thank you for the positives, especially the possible special events! Is there an events calendar anywhere that lists what may be available? Both my boys have Autism, so we definitely need some down time each day. The quiet pools may still be fine, but it’s nice to know there might be other options. My youngest is obsessed with all things construction, so he will be happy no matter what!! We are really excited about the resort and are planning to stick it out.

There will be a calendar either when you check in, or in the room. If you don't have one, be sure to ask for one. I don't think the events in the gift shop are listed in that calendar, but there is usually a sign at the front of the gift shop that says what special things are happening that week. Heads up, there was an extra fee for the animal figure paintings. I don't remember what it was, as we didn't do it, but I remember thinking it was reasonable. We would have done it, but the timing just didn't work out.

Here is a link to Buzz's twitter page with a picture of the May recreation calendar: May Recreation Editing to add: I just took a closer look at the rec calendar and saw that it was mostly pool activities....but...I'm guessing there will still be a rec calendar during the pool closure though I don't know what types of rec it will include. It's possible they move some games elsewhere on the grounds. That's a hypothesis.

Your son who loves construction will probably have a great time watching the tower work. One perk to stopping by the front desk at check- in, was that our kids received bags with coloring books, crayons, stickers, and a card with a penny attached for making a wish in the fountain. We did find the main building to be rather calm overall compared to other resorts we've been to and that was over spring break. There is a small tv with a few chairs near the check-in desks that plays cartoons throughout the day. We chilled there for a little bit on arrival morning.

Last edited:
I just got the email this morning and when I called to switch, NOTHING. What do you think is the chance of them offering gift cards for the inconvenience like they've done in the past at other resorts? Last year during my wedding guests were at CBR and got $50 a night in gift cards!

Uh, so sad....just got a message that the pool at CS is going to be closed during our stay in Sept. (7th -15th) totally bummed.

There will be a calendar either when you check in, or in the room. If you don't have one, be sure to ask for one. I don't think the events in the gift shop are listed in that calendar, but there is usually a sign at the front of the gift shop that says what special things are happening that week. Heads up, there was an extra fee for the animal figure paintings. I don't remember what it was, as we didn't do it, but I remember thinking it was reasonable. We would have done it, but the timing just didn't work out.

Here is a link to Buzz's twitter page with a picture of the May recreation calendar: May Recreation Editing to add: I just took a closer look at the rec calendar and saw that it was mostly pool activities....but...I'm guessing there will still be a rec calendar during the pool closure though I don't know what types of rec it will include. It's possible they move some games elsewhere on the grounds. That's a hypothesis.

Your son who loves construction will probably have a great time watching the tower work. One perk to stopping by the front desk at check- in, was that our kids received bags with coloring books, crayons, stickers, and a card with a penny attached for making a wish in the fountain. We did find the main building to be rather calm overall compared to other resorts we've been to and that was over spring break. There is a small tv with a few chairs near the check-in desks that plays cartoons throughout the day. We chilled there for a little bit on arrival morning.

Thank you so much for the additional info! The calm nature of the resort and recommendations from a family member is what made us choose to stay here. I think it will be a nice place to come “home” to after the sensory overload of the parks.

Thanks for your help! :) I’ve heard of some buses being completely full or standing room only at some stops. :scared:
We just returned a couple of weeks ago. We were close to El Centro and bus stop 2, but in the mornings we would mostly get on at El Centro and never had to stand on our way to the parks. I’m sure it happens but wasn’t our experience.

I got the same email - I’m really unhappy about the fact that it’s the playground and arcade too. This, along with the fact that the bike rentals are away, means that there’s nothing for us to do at the resort except fight 50 million other people for the small pools. We are there for 3 weeks, so that’s a long time to be without any reasonable amenities, unless we want to hang out in a sports bar with drunk conference-goers.

I’m on hold with Disney but it’s not looking good for us to find any other hotel that can give us 2 rooms for 3 weeks in October at this late stage.

I finally got my ADRs and tours finalised this morning and was beginning to look forward to our trip again. Now, not so much.

I didn't have any luck at all. We needed three rooms and everything they had was out of our price range. We are booked under the military discount and that made it even more impossible. So we are sticking with CSR. We are disappointe about the Dig Site but we are just going to have to make the best of it.

I didn't have any luck at all. We needed three rooms and everything they had was out of our price range. We are booked under the military discount and that made it even more impossible. So we are sticking with CSR. We are disappointe about the Dig Site but we are just going to have to make the best of it.

The quiet pools are beautiful

Yes and No. it’s stop number one on paper but actually the last stop on a theme park bus. Casitas is #2 and also first stop.

Yes, I know about the order of bus pick up. I was just wondering whether bus stop #1 is still physically located just out the front door of El Centro it had been moved from its original location which was over closer to the construction of the tower.

That’s disappointing, but I do think you can still have a great time. As others have said, the quiet pools are open. If we weren’t going for 3 weeks, I would probably not even have called them about moving, and the pool closure doesn’t change the fact that it looks like an amazing resort. I’m sure you will still have a wonderful trip!

We booked two nights from August 18 to 20 - the pool should be fine then, right? The pool is the only reason I booked so I would definitely switch if it was closed (we have free dining at Pop from 8/20 so switching wouldn't be as much of a problem).

Yes, I know about the order of bus pick up. I was just wondering whether bus stop #1 is still physically located just out the front door of El Centro it had been moved from its original location which was over closer to the construction of the tower.

Bus stop 1 is straight out of the front door.

It's no coincidence that they made this announcement after free dining opened. They knew it would be near impossible to change after the fact. My brother called guest services to see if he could change our families reservations (our kids really look forward to the pool in the morning and evening). No dice unless we wanted to upgrade to Grand Flordian.
Very disappointed in Disney right now.

Last edited:
That’s disappointing, but I do think you can still have a great time. As others have said, the quiet pools are open. If we weren’t going for 3 weeks, I would probably not even have called them about moving, and the pool closure doesn’t change the fact that it looks like an amazing resort. I’m sure you will still have a wonderful trip!

I'm sure we'll have a great time. We stayed and CSR in 2016 and loved it. It is an amazing resort.

It's no coincidence that they made this announcement after free dining opened. They knew it would be near impossible to change after the fact. My brother called guest services to see if he could change our families reservations (our kids really look forward to the pool in the morning and evening). No dice unless we wanted to upgrade to Grand Flordian.
Very disappointed in Disney right now.

That’s why I’m disappointed/upset. We are going the week after Thanksgiving on free dining and when I booked there were a few options. Now nothing. I just wish I would of had all the info when we booked last week. We will go and have a great time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter