Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing some of the pics and info on refurbed rooms...can someone answer a question about the showers. I've seen video of standard queen/queen rooms with tub/shower combo, and king room with the glassed in shower only. Is the shower only available in the king room, or is there queen standard rooms with shower? Reason I ask is for my dad. He doesn't need a handicap accessible room, but the glass shower only would be much better than the tub/shower. Would they have to upgrade to a king room?

And if they have to upgrade to a king room, are there connecting king room/queen room? We currently have 2 standard queen rooms booked, requesting connecting and refurbished, ground floor for ecv.

We stayed in both a queen and a king last weekend. Both had the glass walk-in shower.
I was wondering about the shower for little ones as well.

We had requested a king and but in error they assigned us a queen and did not get a new room until night two.

A few observations after staying back to back in a queen then a king:
The queen bed was much firmer! We much preferred the king bed.
We had assumed the beds would be the same from one room to another.

The queen room was on the top floor, we had a hard time getting the room cool enough (it was really hot out!!). This was not a problem on the bottom floor.

Otherwise, the rooms were identical and beautifully renovated. Clean and fresh!

Do you recall what building you were in with the queen bed room with shower only? I'm wondering if it's building specific. Like 7A has refurbed rooms with shower only.

Just checked out this morning, it was my first time here. I love the beautiful grounds, design, architecture, theme, amenities, mousekeeping -- 10/10 for me. Bus service was great! The construction was not bothersome at all.

I requested any room in the refurb'd buildings, but couldn't get one. My room... was the perfect example of "these rooms need a renovation." :laughing:Ranchos 7B 7583. If mold scares you don't look around too much or too closely in that room :thumbsup2 No issues with location or view; it was standard but on the first floor looking out toward a quiet pool.

I wouldn't book again until the room renovations are complete, but I got the cute "pardon our pixie dust" pins! (I rented Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros prior to this trip to prepare for CSR :laughing: -- love the pins.)

After some research and answers here, I think we will go with the Casitas 4 or 5. My wife and I will both be using ECVs, so the proximity to the first bus stop and close to El Centro were deciding factors. Putting in my request and hoping we get our choice
We just stayed one night at CSR this past Friday, and were in Casitas 4 room 4150. First floor, very close to the first bus stop. We were surprised when we opened the door that it was a renovated room! Apparently it was one of their original "vision" rooms. The location was great, and a lovely room. Enjoy! I wish we had stayed longer than 1 night.

Does anyone know the colors of the refillable mugs that are available at Coronado Springs? Thanks!

Just seeing some of the pics and info on refurbed rooms...can someone answer a question about the showers. I've seen video of standard queen/queen rooms with tub/shower combo, and king room with the glassed in shower only. Is the shower only available in the king room, or is there queen standard rooms with shower? Reason I ask is for my dad. He doesn't need a handicap accessible room, but the glass shower only would be much better than the tub/shower. Would they have to upgrade to a king room?

And if they have to upgrade to a king room, are there connecting king room/queen room? We currently have 2 standard queen rooms booked, requesting connecting and refurbished, ground floor for ecv.
We were in building 7a last month. Our room had two queen beds and a shower only. It looks like some queen rooms have the tub/shower combo and some have only a shower. I hope you get what you want.

I've been reading a lot and believe it or not am not certain of where the reno stands at Coronado Springs. A few quick questions:

What has been demolished from the maps and where is the new tower going up?
What buildings are complete now from regarding refurbished rooms? I hear 7A and 8A but is that it?

We show up in one month and are trying to get a grasp of things.
thanks!

@Stephencb - 9B (formerly business class building) has been completely demolished and they are working on clearing and probably footings for the new tower building. Ranchos 7A and Cabanas 8A are rehabbed, and the reno work has moved to Casitas (preferred section).

Thank you! I guess I better hope for a 7A or 8A then. I had a preferred I think but then a standard opened up and switched as paying up didn't seem to make sense considering we won't likely be at the hotel much more than to just sleep anyway.

First time staying here next week. We have a standard room booked and am unsure of what area to request.

About how long does it take to get from the furthest section to the main food area? Also, is there a separate internal bus like at CBR, or will the park buses be easier to jump on and jump off at main area?

Hi all! Heading back to Coronado Spring this December for a 5 night stay. We booked an AP water view room rate at a great discount. I was just looking at where the water view rooms are located, and it seems like the water view 8A section is the only one with renovated rooms. Does anyone know the order of the next room renovations, and timeline for December?

Also, what are your thoughts on getting a standard room when we paid for a water view? I'd be willing to take a lower category room upon check-in if that got us 7A or 8A. Anyone had any luck changing this at check in, based on availability of course?

Hi all! Heading back to Coronado Spring this December for a 5 night stay. We booked an AP water view room rate at a great discount. I was just looking at where the water view rooms are located, and it seems like the water view 8A section is the only one with renovated rooms. Does anyone know the order of the next room renovations, and timeline for December?

Also, what are your thoughts on getting a standard room when we paid for a water view? I'd be willing to take a lower category room upon check-in if that got us 7A or 8A. Anyone had any luck changing this at check in, based on availability of course?

I don't think they can give you a lower category if you paid for a higher one unless they overbooked. But you can always add "renovated room" to your reservation but we all know that if all the renovated rooms are occupied then they can't assign them to someone else :( and unfortunately, everyone is requesting a renovated room. Can't hurt to try. We will be there December 9-15 and hoping for a renovated room too. We are booked standard and hoping for a renovated room close to a bus stop.
Right now 7a & 8a are complete. They are working on Casita's 1 & 3 preferred now. Not sure what comes next but it appears that it is taking about 90 days to complete each building.
Pixie dust to you!

I don't think they can give you a lower category if you paid for a higher one unless they overbooked.

You can always ask at check-in. Last year I had a pool view room at Pop Century because it was the cheapest thing I could find using the annual passholder discount at the time. But I heard those rooms are noisy from the pool - when I checked in I asked if they had and rooms that weren't water view, and they moved me to a standard view. I even got a small credit onto my account for the difference in price (which I definitely wasn't expecting!)

I don't think they can give you a lower category if you paid for a higher one unless they overbooked. But you can always add "renovated room" to your reservation but we all know that if all the renovated rooms are occupied then they can't assign them to someone else :( and unfortunately, everyone is requesting a renovated room. Can't hurt to try. We will be there December 9-15 and hoping for a renovated room too. We are booked standard and hoping for a renovated room close to a bus stop.
Right now 7a & 8a are complete. They are working on Casita's 1 & 3 preferred now. Not sure what comes next but it appears that it is taking about 90 days to complete each building.
Pixie dust to you!

How do you request a renovated room? I don't remember seeing a comments section during online check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter