Disneyland Divas: Working out, getting healthy and thin in 2010!!

HELLO!
Sorry I haven't been checking in :guilty:

I don't have a working scale and I haven't been keeping up my exercise. Eating hasn't been too bad but I'm not monitoring it much. Starting fresh tomorrow!

I wish I had a personal chef who would cook exactly what I need to eat (while it being tasty!) and at the times I need to eat.

Hi Ladies,

Did my fitness exam today. My weight was exactly the same (to the .2 kilo) as it was in February. Body fat down a little bit. Muscle in arms up, fat in tummy down slightly, fat in legs increased. Oops. That's what little to no running does to me, I guess.

So I haven't succeeded in losing any of this what about 8-10 pounds I've gained in Switzerland. But I have stopped gaining more.

Will keep working at it.

Hohum,
Jen

I'm still running...did 4 miles yesterday. I finally got on the scale at the gym and I'm down 5 lbs. Nice since I'm really not trying to lose weight but rather just be able to complete the 1/2 Marathon in a timely manner.

Hi girls! I'm still maintailing my 20, which I'm really happy about. Yesterday I put on a pair of shorts that I hadn't worn since last year, and they were literally falling off. What a totally awesome feeling! I'd really like to lose 5 more pound by the 4th of July, so I've been working on that goal.

QUOTE=disney-inspired;36995661]HELLO!
Sorry I haven't been checking in :guilty:

I don't have a working scale and I haven't been keeping up my exercise. Eating hasn't been too bad but I'm not monitoring it much. Starting fresh tomorrow!

I wish I had a personal chef who would cook exactly what I need to eat (while it being tasty!) and at the times I need to eat.[/QUOTE]

Cristabel~Check out my website. If you click on the Feeling Fit tab on the left, you can see the meals I am serving, with nutritional info and Weight Watchers points. It wll give you some good ideas for low cal and fat meals.

Gained 7.8 lbs at my meeting tuesday but have already lost 5.8 of them. That is what partying for 5 days will do to me! Anyway, I am back on track but need to get into a routine again! Hard to do with all the summer committments!

Take care,
SarahMay

Tina - great job maintaining your WL.

Cristabel - get back on track girl! It is no fun retaking off what was already gone!

This week was utter crap. I worked out ONE day. ONE DAY!!! :headache:

I'm in no mood to go back to where I started, or worse, even farther. I'm clawing my way back onto that stupid friggin' wagon and holding on for dear life. I'm not going to let this summer be wasted on GAINING weight. Ugh, HELL NO!

TOMORROW I am waking up, eating a small healthy breakfast (perhaps a protein shake) and I'm going jogging. I've gained so much ground on the whole exercising level and I built up my stamina and finally learned how to control my breathing while jogging. I am not going to give that up! I would take the dog but she doesn't push me, she's more of hindrance because she gets distracted by every little scent and just stops. Sorry Jingles, you can go walking with grandma! :laughing: (aka my mom)

Today we are having a barbecue and I'm going to eat until I'm satisfied, not full. I'm also going swimming so at least I will get my activity for the day.

WW is too hard without the e-tools or meetings so I'm starting a new eating plan.

Daily calories 1600 - 1800 calories. Exercise 5 days a week (30 minutes minimum). Strength training 3 days a week (15 - 20 minutes).

As far as foods go, I'm going to try to eat all fresh foods. I will eat fruit, vegetables, some sort of protein and whole grains (that's what my mom buys). I'm staying away from soda, juice, and anything full of sugar or fat.

Thank you for all your support! :hug:

You can do it Cristabel! So how have the past couple days gone for you?

I am pleased to say that I am back on track! Even got my clippie back! How is everyone else doing?

How's it going Tina? Beth? Jen? Anyone else out there?

QOTD: What are you doing this summer to garauntee that you weigh less or are more healthy when september rolls around?

For me the answer to this question is I am working out during my lunch break most days by using the gyms treadmill downstairs or going out for a run in the nearby neighborhoods. Even though my evenings are crazy busy with fun stuff with friends and family, I am not giving up on my excersize. I am also signing up for a 5k in august and another one in september/october. The one in August will be a good indicator to me of how far I have come and what I still need to work on (my guess is inclines and speed!).

Have a great day all and don't forget to drink that water, so important especially now with summer heat here!

SarahMay

QOTD: What are you doing this summer to garauntee that you weigh less or are more healthy when september rolls around?

SarahMay

I am running 3 times per week and cross traing 3 times per week with Friday being my "day-off".

Since I started keeping track of my miles with the Nike+ shoe thingy (on June 8) I have logged 30.96 miles. :thumbsup2

I am running 3 times per week and cross traing 3 times per week with Friday being my "day-off".

Since I started keeping track of my miles with the Nike+ shoe thingy (on June 8) I have logged 30.96 miles. :thumbsup2

Awesome! Way to go Sarah! Keep up the great work!

SarahMay

Today has been pretty good. I did 18 minutes on the elliptical before I got SOOO bored and hopped off. I did 25 minutes of Power90.

We found a new exercise program, by the same company as Power90, it's called Insanity. It's a super intense 60 day program. I admit I'm a little intimidated by it but it also intrigues me! My mom is also interested in the program. We've found the set for about $50 on ebay so we'll see if we get it.

I can't rely on my willpower to work out when I don't have a gym membership. So I'm following the power 90 workout program for now. It helps having that guidance.

I've done power 90 before...had good results with it! Good luck Cristabel, are you still doing well?

I am doing well, eating ok, working out. I did give blood friday so I have been feeling a bit weak but I still did an hour in the gym today!

SarahMay

It has been rough going this summer with my weight loss. I am having SUCH a hard time staying on plan eating wise but I keep trying. So far July has been ok...I am trying to average 45 minutes a day of working out for the month of July. I am trying this as I know my eating stays on track better when I get a work out in that day so hopefully this will help!

How is everyone else doing?

Cristabel - how is your Power 90 coming along?

Sarah - How is training coming? I still need to sign up for the August 5K I plan to run. Need to get on top of that!

Take care all and have a safe and healthy 4th!

SarahMay

Oh my! Our thread died! I had to do a search to find it.

I hope you all are still out there! I haven't had the healthiest of summers with no visits to the gym since the kids got out of school on June 17. Lots of travel, bad eating and little exercising.

I go back to Switzerland on Aug 11 and kids go back to school on Aug 17 and I am determined to turn a new leaf!

How is everyone doing? Please check in, even if healthy living isn't going as well as you had hoped.

And for the QUOTE OF THE DAY (or perhaps it is of the summer so far)
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Nelson Mandela

Hello! I was wondering where the thread went! I am happy to post that after a horrific summer of see sawing I am back on track and at an all time low weight for this go round! Also as of my weigh in last night I am no longer OBESE...I am merely overweight! Woo Hoo! I also ran my first 5K this past saturday and will post pics as soon as my husband gets them from the camera to the computer!

Hope all are well and would love to hear from everyone!

SarahMay

I'm still running off and on but seeing as I only have a few more weeks until my Half Marathon I will be running alot more. I did 6 miles on Monday and plan to do 7 tonight. I really feel alot better running now and know what pace I need to go to be able to keep going. Did that make sense? :confused3

Anyway I hope everyone else is doing well!

Hello! I was wondering where the thread went! I am happy to post that after a horrific summer of see sawing I am back on track and at an all time low weight for this go round! Also as of my weigh in last night I am no longer OBESE...I am merely overweight! Woo Hoo! I also ran my first 5K this past saturday and will post pics as soon as my husband gets them from the camera to the computer!

Hope all are well and would love to hear from everyone!

SarahMay

CONGRATULATIONS Sarah!! You are amazing and an inspiration!

I'm still running off and on but seeing as I only have a few more weeks until my Half Marathon I will be running alot more. I did 6 miles on Monday and plan to do 7 tonight. I really feel alot better running now and know what pace I need to go to be able to keep going. Did that make sense? :confused3

Anyway I hope everyone else is doing well!

Woohoo! I sure do miss running and I'm sure that I couldn't do a mile at this point. My kids are back to school on Tuesday and I'm back to the gym to work on cardio.

Have fun with the half marathon! I know you'll do great!!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm in the box of shame.

Me too. :sad2:
Only one way out: getting back on track!

I'm back in Switzerland. Wow, it's been a wonderful but crazy summer. We managed to see all of the kids's grandparents (three sets), cousins, aunts, uncles and other family. Plus we've seen some wonderful places. I have a lot to do to get back on track.

We're still missing some Divas! R U???

And for the QUOTE OF THE DAY:
I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.
~Winston Churchill

Fell off that wagon again...this summer is proving to be very difficult for me! Oh well, I will keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter