Disneyland Divas: Working out, getting healthy and thin in 2010!!

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
Welcome ladies!! I figured, New Year, new thread. I know how we all love that shiny new thread smell. ;)

So it's time to put past sins and frustrations behind us. Forget about them. They are gone. Congratulate yourself for past successes, then forget them too. Focus on the future and what that means for you.

More weight loss? Maintaining current weight loss? Making better food decisions? Drinking more water? Stopping smoking or drinking? Working out more often? Whatever the goal you have, be it big or small, now is the time to get started.

You can do it!! WE can do it!! There are no judgements here. Only friendship and support. The journey can be long and full of temptations and challenges, but it's worth it. Keep on keeping on ladies!!

"Success rests in having the courage and endurance and, above all, the will to become the person you are, however peculiar that may be. Then you will be able to say, 'I have found my hero and he (or she) is me.'"
Thank you Jen for this great quote!

clipdaisjog.gif
clipmingym.gif

Let's do this thing! I am ready! My plan for the day is to get to the gym with dh and work off the rest of the NYE splurge before my wi on Tuesday! My goal for the 7 1/2 weeks before our trip is to get to under 200 lbs for the first time since I was pregnant with Ds who is now 4 1/2! I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!

Don't forget to drink that water!

Sarah

Kerplunk! (Yep, fell off the wagon). :rolleyes1

But, I'm back, and gettin' healthy before the big 4-0 hits me this year. :thumbsup2

I'm going to get out and go for a walk/jog today. It's a beautiful, sunny day, so I want to enjoy it while it's here.....which it won't be for long. Rainy days ahead starting this evening.

Hi girls!

I'm still trying to stick to my new eating lifestyle. I think I'm doing pretty good, but only time will tell.

Sarah, if you don't mind my asking, can you tell me what your starting, current, and goal weights are? I saw your current picture over on the girls only trip thread and you're looking great! :thumbsup2 Same to you Beth. :thumbsup2

Welcome back to the wagon Capri!

It's rather cold here, but then again I'm a baby when it comes to the cold so it might not be that cold. It's hard for me to do anything when it's cold, but I think I will go for a walk. I really need to start exercising in addition to my dieting.

Good luck to everyone in the new year! Lets do this thing! :yay:

I lost 18 lbs last summer and have kept it off. :) I now want to tone. I am getting back on the workout wagon. :)

If anyone wants support - I lost my weight with nutritional cleansing - I would be happy to share what worked with me - just PM me.

I mistakenly posted these on the other thread. LOL Between WISH, DL and Vegas, I am getting confused.

Thought I would take a cue from Sarah and post some before and "during" pics. I won't say after since I am FAR from my goal. (At least 75 lbs away!) But sometimes just seeing what I've done so far helps remember why I keep trying.

This is me Christmas of 2006. No, I'm not pregnant, but I sure look it don't I??? :scared1:
DSCF0804.jpg

This is when Sarah, January and Shirley first met me! WDW in '06.
mnsshp.jpg

And another from summer of '06:
DSCF1387.jpg

And this is when most of the DL ladies first met me, the first annual ladies only trip in '08.
ry3D400-3.jpg
nbnkjjkh.jpg

This was taken this past summer '09. I WAS down about 50 lbs when this was taken.
100_0635-1.jpg

This was just taken after this past Thanksgiving when Linda, Cheryl and Marcie came to visit. Like I said, at one point I was down 50 lbs. Sad to say, with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas I think I am now only down 40 or even 35!! :rolleyes:
16634_195282744010_768979010_305862.jpg

But seeing Sarah's pic and her banner on the trip thread and seeing how everyone is so eager to get fit and healthy, and seeing these pics, makes me eager to get going again!!!!! :cool1: :cheer2: We can do this WISHers!!!!!!!

So I am 5 pounds over where I was before our DL trip last month which puts me 20 pounds from my goal which I was hoping to hit before the trip next month. I doubt I can do it but I might be able to do 15 which will put me at 100 pounds less than I was 5 years ago. I am still trying to get rid of all the junk left over from the holidays and I just finished off the last of the chocolate covered cherries that DD gets me every year. I think we are all ready to get back on the wagon around here! It's just hard to get started again because those old habits come back so quickly.

Here's to a new and healthy year for all of us! :drinking1 It's just water, I promise! ;)

New year, new start! I haven't gained any weight, but I'm certainly not happy about where I am. I did a bit of hiking and snow shoeing over the holidays, so maybe that helped. And I got a new bike helmet for Christmas, so my goal is to get back on the bike!
Let's do it, girls!

Beth, you look great! 50 pounds is fantastic!!

For me, I guess I'm lucky and I don't have to worry about my weight. I've been skinny forever and it wasn't until the last year or so that I'm getting a pooch and it's harder to fit into my jeans. From junior high all the way to the year after I graduated high school I played sports year round and ate whatever I wanted. Now I still eat whatever I want and I don't work out at all. It's now starting to catch up with me.

In November I gave up drinking soda, I would drink 3 or 4 cans a day. Now I'm just drinking water and 100% juice and I can totally feel a difference. One of my New Years resolutions is to continue the no soda. I'm doing great so far! I don't even have the crave for it anymore.

At work I go and get my lunch pretty much everyday. Not only is this extremely unhealthy, I'm totally wasting my money. So for 2010, I'm bringing every lunch to work. My parents are eating healthier too, so I asked my Mom to cook a little extra dinner so I can bring the leftovers to work the next day.

We do have a 24 hour gym at our apartment complex, I think some days I'll head over there and walk/run on the treadmills.

Okay, here I am! I'm up about 30 pounds from about 1 1/2 years ago! YUCK!! I would like to be down about 10 pounds before our DL meet and the entire 30 before our Vegas meet. Can I do it?? Trying to figure out what type(s) of exercise to do to get the most benefit, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have an elliptical machine as well as a Soloflex and Wii fit. It's not like I need to join a gym or anything... I'm not even going to weigh myself until tomorrow morning, we're still finishing the junk food around here. One question, when is the best time to exercise in the morning? Before breakfast? After breakfast? How long before or after?? HELP!!!

Count me in as another girl getting thin in '10!
I've already started exercising, albeit slowly. Now it's all about healthier eating choices, which won't be to hard at home, and getting in my daily exercise.

I hope everyone has a great start on Monday!

Working on this soda habit this week. The morning one is hardest for me because water and I do not get along first thing in morning. So gotta get juice, soy milk or Gatorade for those mornings. Water just makes me gag first thing in mornings.

My bigger goal for the week and well the month is to get exercising. I signed up for the Jan Exercise challenge and challenging myself to 600 minutes in January.

I can't join the fun next month but I can have a goal of 10 lbs by then it will get me back at 50 lbs gone since I gained some back between Oct and Nov when I weighed at my Dr.'s office. Still down and all my pants are loose and some fall down constantly. :woohoo: :yay:

Wow Beth great job. Looking good don't let the setback get ya down, you can and HAVE done it.

Hi girls!

I'm still trying to stick to my new eating lifestyle. I think I'm doing pretty good, but only time will tell.

Sarah, if you don't mind my asking, can you tell me what your starting, current, and goal weights are? I saw your current picture over on the girls only trip thread and you're looking great! :thumbsup2 Same to you Beth. :thumbsup2

Welcome back to the wagon Capri!

It's rather cold here, but then again I'm a baby when it comes to the cold so it might not be that cold. It's hard for me to do anything when it's cold, but I think I will go for a walk. I really need to start exercising in addition to my dieting.

Good luck to everyone in the new year! Lets do this thing! :yay:

No problem. At the last Diva trip I was about 275...I got up to just under 285 by May and could really tell on my trip to Reno when I could barely and I mean BARELY get the seat belt to close. I joined WW as soon as I got back home from that trip which also was my sons 4th birthday. Since then I have lost 70.6 lbs and I am currently 214.2. I have been eating better, drinking lots of water and working out at the gym. My goal for before I see you all again is to lose 16 lbs and be under 200! My plan is to follow the points system and to go to the gym and do at least 45 minutes there at least 3 times per week. I have been the last 3 days in a row and feel good about that. One of my new years resolutions was...now don't faint Beth...to drink no soda in 2010! I am hoping it will help save me money and I know I do so much better staying on plan when I drink water only. Here are some pictures...

This is me in Reno right before I started WW
DSC01550.jpg

This is me and Vicki in May about 2 weeks after I started WW
DSC01701.jpg

This is me and Cristabel in September at the mini meet
DSC02538.jpg

And this is me December 27 at a friends house...sorry I don't have a full body shot but not many pictures get taken of me as I am usually the one who remembers to take pictures!
DSC03127-1-1.jpg

I still have about 65 lbs to lose as I want to get down to 150. I am 5'5" so that is the highest of the acceptable weights I can get to and make lifetime with WW.

Okay, here I am! I'm up about 30 pounds from about 1 1/2 years ago! YUCK!! I would like to be down about 10 pounds before our DL meet and the entire 30 before our Vegas meet. Can I do it?? Trying to figure out what type(s) of exercise to do to get the most benefit, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have an elliptical machine as well as a Soloflex and Wii fit. It's not like I need to join a gym or anything... I'm not even going to weigh myself until tomorrow morning, we're still finishing the junk food around here. One question, when is the best time to exercise in the morning? Before breakfast? After breakfast? How long before or after?? HELP!!!

To answer your question...the best time to work out is when you do it....seriously. You have to find the time that works best with your life and your schedule otherwise you won't do it. Pick a time and stick with it. Put it in your dayplanner, don't schedule anything else that will take you away from that time.

Good luck!

Sarah

Hi Ladies! I know a lot of you THINK I'm not fat, but I tell ya, Washington State has done a number on me. I've gained a lot since we moved and I have been eating way too much of Dan's baking. I can hardly fit into my largest-size clothes. Pair that with the fact that I have to go to Maui and shove my rolls into a swimsuit in 23 days!!! EEEEK! :scared1:

Dan and I are doing some serious weight-loss dieting right now which we did a couple summers ago where we both lost 15 lbs the first 3 weeks. Hoping that at least takes care of the immediate situation. It's a carb-free, sugar-free diet, which I realize overall is not the healtiest, but this is a Maui Emergency!!

When we get back, I'm hoping that we will be able to continue eating less sugar and refined carbs and put a lot more organic veggies in our diet. We have both recently given up coffee which always included a large amount of hazelnut creamer. I have also given up my daily diet soda and have replaced it with water or tea. I allow myself one diet coke or fresca per week as a treat.

Hoping to get Dan out for daily walks with me and my dad has a Bowflex machine he has offered to let us "store" for him in our guest room. I'm going to call him today and see if he'll bring it over.

The first couple days of this diet are always the hardest while the body is going into ketosis and you feel like you're starving to death. I might be posting a lot just to complain about hunger pains.

Best wishes to everyone else on their healthy goals!

Hi Ladies! I know a lot of you THINK I'm not fat, but I tell ya, Washington State has done a number on me. I've gained a lot since we moved and I have been eating way too much of Dan's baking. I can hardly fit into my largest-size clothes. Pair that with the fact that I have to go to Maui and shove my rolls into a swimsuit in 23 days!!! EEEEK! :scared1:

Dan and I are doing some serious weight-loss dieting right now which we did a couple summers ago where we both lost 15 lbs the first 3 weeks. Hoping that at least takes care of the immediate situation. It's a carb-free, sugar-free diet, which I realize overall is not the healtiest, but this is a Maui Emergency!!

When we get back, I'm hoping that we will be able to continue eating less sugar and refined carbs and put a lot more organic veggies in our diet. We have both recently given up coffee which always included a large amount of hazelnut creamer. I have also given up my daily diet soda and have replaced it with water or tea. I allow myself one diet coke or fresca per week as a treat.

Hoping to get Dan out for daily walks with me and my dad has a Bowflex machine he has offered to let us "store" for him in our guest room. I'm going to call him today and see if he'll bring it over.

The first couple days of this diet are always the hardest while the body is going into ketosis and you feel like you're starving to death. I might be posting a lot just to complain about hunger pains.

Best wishes to everyone else on their healthy goals!

No coffee!!!???!!! Don't know if I could do that. And I know, it's not the coffee that's so bad, it's what you add to it. And I don't drink soda; if I did, that would be an easy way to get started.

I don't understand this whole "no soda" thing y'all are talking about??? :confused3 :eek:

:p

Okay, okay. I suppose I could give it a shot. Water it is!! Well, maybe just cut down to one soda a day. For now.

Hey Capri, you on board with the no soda pledge?? ;)

Callie you can do it!! Sarah you look great!!! Melissa, Carol, Cristabel, Courtney, Stacie, Tina, Wendy and anyone I missed, good to see y'all here!!! :thumbsup2

I love that you posted your pics Beth! What an amazing difference!

Way to go!

And yes, I think just cutting back on soda would be a good first step for you. We have to be realistic! :thumbsup2

Sarah

No, no, no, no, no! I'm not giving up my Diet Coke! (Insert pouty face smilie) I know it's bad for me, and I drink too much coffee (at least I don't add anything to it), but the line has to be drawn somewhere. I will try to keep it down to one or two a day, and I will try to drink lots of water.

I am not looking forward to going through that starving feeling again either. My body had gotten so used to 1000 calories a day, and now I need to get used to it again.

No coffee!!!???!!! Don't know if I could do that. And I know, it's not the coffee that's so bad, it's what you add to it. And I don't drink soda; if I did, that would be an easy way to get started.

Dan started doing a lot of research on coffee's effect on cortisol levels in the body and how that is attributed to belly fat. :eek: Since we gave up the coffee, we are both sleeping through the night which hasn't happened in a long, long time.

I'm surprised at how much I am liking tea. I drink one cup in the morning with stevia, and one decaf cup in the evening (chamomile or coconut chai). It's been a good replacement for me and when I had a "special" cup of coffee on Christmas morning, it wasn't really all that tasty. I think a lot of my addiction was mental.

Beth and Sarah, thanks so much for posting those pics! You both have come such a long way and the results are amazing. Just the difference in your faces is astounding!

Ok, well I said I was gonna call my dad, so I better follow through and do that. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter