Disneyland Divas: Working out, getting healthy and thin in 2010!!

Well, maybe more sarcastic and pessimistic than negative and nasty. But still, I'm trying not to worry so much and focus on the good things in life. :goodvibes
Nighty night!!

I'm not a fan of sarcasm. Seemingly harmless, but surprisingly dangerous. Somehow keeps one a step away from authentic.

And, pessimism is no good either.

It's hard sometimes to stay positive, especially when it's not entirely clear how everything will work out. But just trust that with a good attitude and hard work, things can turn out better than you ever imagined.

And for the QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down."
-Chumbawamba

I'm not a fan of sarcasm. Seemingly harmless, but surprisingly dangerous. Somehow keeps one a step away from authentic.

And for the QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down."
-Chumbawamba
I agree. I see that more and more lately.

I love your quote!! LOL That's one of my favorite songs, and I had it as my FB status not long ago. Simple, but true. :thumbsup2

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy weekend!! :goodvibes

Beth I am glad you are on track because I am Sooooo not. I get back on for a few days and then WAMMMO. I have started writing out some new goals and a journel entry about how I am feeling so I hope that helps. I also tried on some more clothes and get this....I fit into size 14 jeans!!!!:cool1: I was a size 24/26 jean when this all started a year ago!

SarahMay

I also tried on some more clothes and get this....I fit into size 14 jeans!!!!:cool1: I was a size 24/26 jean when this all started a year ago!

SarahMay

That's amazing Sarah!!! The smallest jeans I fit into was an 18. Although now I am back in a 22! :sad2:
I'm on track as far as looking at labels and watching my sodium. I'm not so sure I'm doing great on calories though because the weight isn't coming off. But I am hoping it will help with my health, and drinking more water has helped a lot. :goodvibes

Hi Beth !

Was just wandering around the wish board and saw your thread, thought I would pop in and say Hi ! glad to see you haven't completely given up on your weight loss ! good for you ! how are things ?

Glad to say I have stayed on plan the past 2 days! Woo Hoo! I am on week 7 day 1 of the C25K and for the first time since I started it my knees are starting to give me some trouble. Hopefully they will shape up soon! Hope all of you are doing great and staying on your respective plans! Don't forget to drink that water and no matter what...and I say this from experience...no matter what, don't give up the fight...keep trying...eventually it will work out but if you don't try or if you give up then you deffinitely won't succeed. We can do this!

SarahMay

Did Week 7 Day 2 of the C25K today. My body is really tired so I did it a bit slower than I would like but I did it non the less. My dh made the WW Old-fashioned Chicken and Dumplings today for lunch. It was ok. I think in the future we would make it without the dumplings and just make biscuits to go with it. He isn't much for soggy bread. It had good flavor though.

It is my third day back on plan and I am feeling pretty good. Excersize has really helped me get back on track and keep me there!

Cristabel - where are you? Are you staying on track?

Tina - How is everything going with you?

Beth - Are you keeping up with your new possitive outlook?

Take care everyone! Hope you are having a healthy and happy holiday weekend!

SarahMay

Hi Beth !

Was just wandering around the wish board and saw your thread, thought I would pop in and say Hi ! glad to see you haven't completely given up on your weight loss ! good for you ! how are things ?
Hey Anita!! Good to see you!!! :)
I'm doing okay. Hanging in there. Gained some weight back......okay, gained half of it back!!! :rolleyes: But I am back on track, and focusing more now on health than calories. Watching my sodium, cut out almost all soda, walking, etc. So hopefully the weight will fall back off and I will look and feel better.

Things with the family are going well. Kids are out of school this Wednesday. Weather's heating up. Not much going on though.

How are things with you?? I see you still have your 75 lb banner. Way to go! I thought of you the other day when I saw an advertisement for Jillian's new show. :) I hope you and your family are doing well.

Did Week 7 Day 2 of the C25K today. My body is really tired so I did it a bit slower than I would like but I did it non the less.

You are doing awesome Sarah! Keep it up!!! :cheer2:

Hope you all had a good healthy weekend! If you are grilling and drinking tomorrow, enjoy! But don't go too crazy. ;)

I met with Vicki and Jane for lunch at Dick's today. Typical bar type food, not too healthy, but I ordered a turkey wrap, only ate half and only had about five french fries. I soooooo wanted to eat them all. I love fries. But I resisted. :)

Hope you all had a good healthy weekend! If you are grilling and drinking tomorrow, enjoy! But don't go too crazy. ;)

I met with Vicki and Jane for lunch at Dick's today. Typical bar type food, not too healthy, but I ordered a turkey wrap, only ate half and only had about five french fries. I soooooo wanted to eat them all. I love fries. But I resisted. :)

Wow! Great job resisting the fries...that is soooooo hard to do sometimes! I am glad you are sticking with it Beth!

SarahMay

Wow! Great job resisting the fries...that is soooooo hard to do sometimes! I am glad you are sticking with it Beth!

SarahMay

I went to the doctor yesterday, not my primary care, but for my yearly women's check up, but anyway, they still take your blood pressure and it was so much better!! I was happy to see that.
Looks like the meds and diet changes are helping. (knock on wood!!!)

Also I only have about 14 pounds to go to get back to where I was. Still alot, I know, especially when I never should have gained it back in the first place. :rolleyes: But lesson learned! No going back now.

I'm having fun trying new, healthy foods and while watching the sodium intake isn't fun, it's been eye opening.

I'm a bit worried about the next few days. Lots of big high calorie meals planned with the Divas. I'm going to try not to over do it, but I know it will be a challenge. I am going to at least make sure every calorie counts and not just do mindless eating, especially at the buffets and such.

Have a good, healthy week ladies!! :cheer2:

I went to the doctor yesterday, not my primary care, but for my yearly women's check up, but anyway, they still take your blood pressure and it was so much better!! I was happy to see that.
Looks like the meds and diet changes are helping. (knock on wood!!!)

Also I only have about 14 pounds to go to get back to where I was. Still alot, I know, especially when I never should have gained it back in the first place. :rolleyes: But lesson learned! No going back now.

I'm having fun trying new, healthy foods and while watching the sodium intake isn't fun, it's been eye opening.

I'm a bit worried about the next few days. Lots of big high calorie meals planned with the Divas. I'm going to try not to over do it, but I know it will be a challenge. I am going to at least make sure every calorie counts and not just do mindless eating, especially at the buffets and such.

Have a good, healthy week ladies!! :cheer2:

Yeah Beth! I'm so happy to hear that your blood pressure is better and that you are making such healthy changes in your life. I hope you are sharing your healthy food changes with your whole family, so they can enjoy the residual benefits of your hard work!

I've been exercising this week. Eating has been ok, but not great. Need to get in shape for a bathing suit for vacation in three weeks. Woohoo!

And for the QUOTE OF THE DAY:
The great virtue in life is real courage that knows how to face facts and live beyond them.
— D. H. Lawrence

Yeah Beth! I'm so happy to hear that your blood pressure is better and that you are making such healthy changes in your life. I hope you are sharing your healthy food changes with your whole family, so they can enjoy the residual benefits of your hard work!

I've been exercising this week. Eating has been ok, but not great. Need to get in shape for a bathing suit for vacation in three weeks. Woohoo!

And for the QUOTE OF THE DAY:
The great virtue in life is real courage that knows how to face facts and live beyond them.
— D. H. Lawrence

Well, truth be told, I haven't. I've been making two dinners, one they'll like (meaning higher calories, fat and sodium) and one for me. :blush:
BUT it's funny you mention that because just yesterday I was talking with my oldest and said it's time we ALL start learning better habits.
I haven't led by example much of their lives and I need to change that. So that's my goal this summer; to start going over nutrition with the kids and showing them how little changes can add up. Also to start a fun daily "work out" we can all do. :)

I did okay last night all things considered. We went to a place called Burger Bar and I ordered a veggie burger, with lettuce, tomato and onion on a plain bun with no cheese or mayo. I did have fries, but shared them with Theresa, and we both left some behind so we didn't eat them all.

I ordered a lemonade which was dumb. Too high in calories and sugar I'm sure, and it wasn't that good. :sad2: Just a plain lemonade, not like a fresh squeezed one or anything special. Not worth the calories at all, AND I drank two of them. :rolleyes: I was so thirsty.
Live and learn. Next time I will stick with plain water. :thumbsup2

Jen, keep up the good work on the exercise!!! You'll be looking hot in that bathing suit, I know it. :cheer2:

Just being aware I am sure will help you a lot Beth! I hope you have a great time with the ladies!

I am doing ok. I had a very off day on Monday but Tuesday was the first day of June so I have turned it around. I have decided that if I can stay within my weekly points for all of June then I will treat myself to a cut and color! I get to start wearing my hair down at work so I could really use a good look. So far I am on plan. I just brushed and used mouth wash to remind myself that I am done eating for the night. It is going to be tough with all the meals out this next week (5 of them between Saturday and the following friday!) but I know I can do it!

Take care all,
SarahMay

Ate waaaaaay too much over the weekend. Gained back 4 pounds. But back on track today.

Hey Anita!! Good to see you!!! :)
I'm doing okay. Hanging in there. Gained some weight back......okay, gained half of it back!!! :rolleyes: But I am back on track, and focusing more now on health than calories. Watching my sodium, cut out almost all soda, walking, etc. So hopefully the weight will fall back off and I will look and feel better.

Things with the family are going well. Kids are out of school this Wednesday. Weather's heating up. Not much going on though.

How are things with you?? I see you still have your 75 lb banner. Way to go! I thought of you the other day when I saw an advertisement for Jillian's new show. :) I hope you and your family are doing well.

Well Beth at least you are back on track, that's all that matters ! I know first hand how rough it is to change our eating habits, but I have managed to keep my weight off and I couldn't be happier about it ! i'm not gonna lie though, it's still tough at times ! sometimes I just want to scarf down a fat greasy burger and fries and then some carrot cake for desert :rolleyes1

Glad your family is doing well, gonna be a long summer with that heat, but hey you're in Vegas !!! wish I lived there or Florida, i'm tired of Chicago

My family is good ! Brian is drinking age which is scary and Alyssa is driving age, even scarier :scared1: i'm a nervous wreck every time they leave the house

I had a good weigh in tonight and lost 4.4 lbs! Down over 106 now! I am so glad to be back on track!

Take care all,

SarahMay

Sarah: You are AMAZING!

Keep running and you'll see more results.

Weather has been nice and I've managed to run outside a couple/few times. I suck. Bad. But the only way to get back into it is to keep doing it. So I will.

I signed up for my fitness club evaluation, so we can see what my progress has been the last four or so months. Do you think stepping on the scale once every four months is too much? Also will get fat analysis on every part of my body. These Swiss are so into details. Ugh.

Have a healthy day ladies! MOVE IT!!

Hi all!

I have had alot of stuff going on with family and I didn't exercise for a week but Monday I got back on track. Ran 3 miles yesterday. It's getting easier; I can run for longer amounts of time and at a faster pace. I really haven't changed my eating yet but DBF told me yesterday that my butt looked smaller. :thumbsup2

Well Beth at least you are back on track, that's all that matters ! I know first hand how rough it is to change our eating habits, but I have managed to keep my weight off and I couldn't be happier about it ! i'm not gonna lie though, it's still tough at times ! sometimes I just want to scarf down a fat greasy burger and fries and then some carrot cake for desert :rolleyes1

Glad your family is doing well, gonna be a long summer with that heat, but hey you're in Vegas !!! wish I lived there or Florida, i'm tired of Chicago

My family is good ! Brian is drinking age which is scary and Alyssa is driving age, even scarier :scared1: i'm a nervous wreck every time they leave the house
Yep, it's hard, always a challenge for me, but I just keep at it. Better than giving up entirely. I'd like to lose another 50 pounds and while it might take awhile, I know I'll get there.

Adam has a ways to go before the drinking age, but he can start drivers training in just a few months and that's freaking me out!!!
Good luck to us both! :rotfl:

I had a good weigh in tonight and lost 4.4 lbs! Down over 106 now! I am so glad to be back on track!

Take care all,

SarahMay
Rockin it as always Sarah!! :banana:

Weather has been nice and I've managed to run outside a couple/few times. I suck. Bad. But the only way to get back into it is to keep doing it. So I will.
Glad you have nice weather finally. Keep at it. I know you can do it!

Hi all!

I have had alot of stuff going on with family and I didn't exercise for a week but Monday I got back on track. Ran 3 miles yesterday.

GREAT job Sarah!! :cheer2:

Take care everyone!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter