• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh definitely. The SW fandom has gotten especially vicious probably since the prequel trilogy. But with this new show and an almost completely new story, it seems to be getting a little aggressive from the “Oh, you don’t know who ____ is? Well you probably shouldn’t watch this show because you’ll miss on the references”. It wasn’t bad in S1, but once the Dark Saber showed up it started a little and has accelerated this season

See that is rediculous - I can see spinning it more like "if you liked that character there was more about them in [X] and happy / excited to tell you more about it if you want - it likely would give you even more insights into it"

... But the like determining who is a fan and who isn't is just dumb. Like, goodness forbid we all just get to enjoy something in our own way

The level of trigger reaction when I say to people AntMan is my favorite (not the best) MCU movie, and Captain Marvel is in my top 10 best MCU movies is incredible. Like there has to be specific reasoning and background to your opinions now. It’s ridiculous

But, Ant-Man IS the best MCU movie. It has the most heart. They don't all have to be Infinity-whatsis fests. It's my favorite too - and yeah, a lot of people think I'm nuts.

The level of trigger reaction when I say to people AntMan is my favorite (not the best) MCU movie, and Captain Marvel is in my top 10 best MCU movies is incredible. Like there has to be specific reasoning and background to your opinions now. It’s ridiculous
Say what!?!?

😉

See that is rediculous - I can see spinning it more like "if you liked that character there was more about them in [X] and happy / excited to tell you more about it if you want - it likely would give you even more insights into it"

... But the like determining who is a fan and who isn't is just dumb. Like, goodness forbid we all just get to enjoy something in our own way

Yeah. I know a lot of fan's haven't watched the animated stuff, and that's okay. I am happy to fill int eh gaps and I of course recommend the series, but it doesn't make someone "not a fan" if they haven't seen them or even if they don't really want to watch them. They can still like Star Wars.

But, Ant-Man IS the best MCU movie. It has the most heart. They don't all have to be Infinity-whatsis fests. It's my favorite too - and yeah, a lot of people think I'm nuts.

I feel like I'm the only Guardians freak out there! 😀 By far my favorite of all the Marvel stuff. Just watched them both again this week. Cried again at the end of second one...

Also Thor Ragnorak because I consider that sci fi and hysterical.

I feel like I'm the only Guardians freak out there! 😀 By far my favorite of all the Marvel stuff. Just watched them both again this week. Cried again at the end of second one...

The first guardians was great. It was fun. I didn’t like the script as much for the second movie, though. Seemed disjointed. And I thought it was weird how many d*ck jokes there were. Lol. Maybe that’s how the comics are?

Ragnarok is in my top 5, if not 3. When it came out, I felt like they were going for the 80s nostalgia to repeat the success of guardians. Taika Waititi did a fantastic job. I enjoy his What we do in the Shadows show, too.

I love the first Guardians. The second was good but story got a little convoluted

Glad that a lot of them will be in the new Thor movie as I do love the Asgardians of the Galaxy!

I love the first Guardians. The second was good but story got a little convoluted

Glad that a lot of them will be in the new Thor movie as I do love the Asgardians of the Galaxy!

For sure! I have high hopes for new Thor.

Also, Nebula is my favorite character in all of Marvel. I think she's great!

It took me a while to finally watch captain marvel because of all the hate. I just became disinterested.

But I would rank it top 10 as well. I thought Brie Larson did a great job. I liked her attitude but I think people were saying she was a snob and didn’t fit in? 🤷‍♀️ I loved all the nick fury screen time. Young cgi coulson. 90’s references and soundtrack. It was fun.

I thought ant man was fun too. I think I prefer the more lighthearted mcu movies. Endgame is great, but I’ll cry at least 5 times throughout.

Also, count me in as a casual SW fan. I’ve picked up info here and there to understand the weight behind the excitement of all the connections even if I haven’t watched the animated series. So even though I’m not as emotionally invested, I knew Ahsoka’s entrance was a big deal.

Now I’ll have to look into what this “Thrawn” is all about. And I should just watch the last 4 episodes I keep reading about...

My only rule is, you diss my queen, I will throw down.

Actually, it should be a bannable offense

/s obviously

Oh I enjoy Mandalorian immensely!

What i should do is stop reading message boards about it (not here) because they confuse me since I haven't watched the other series.

If I watch just on my own without other influences, I like it very much.

Just think how I feel, don't like star wars, yes I've seen the original 3 and one so of mandalorian. I have a cheat sheet on my phone from a friend so I can remind myself which side is the dark side etc because it all confuses me. Still have my the child stuff, who I've now nicknamed Goo to make cuter than the actual name. He's too cute, even I couldn't resist.

Also don't care for the mcu and I've seen cap America because of Chris Evans but even he's not enough to keep me watching.

Don't do Harry Potter or guardians either. I'm not into sci fi, fantasy or comics unless it's garfield, peanuts or Calvin and hobbes and even those movies weren't worth watching.

Thankfully most of this stuff is easily avoidable except when it creeps in/takes over threads 😊

I’m a sucker for heist movies, add in Paul Rudd and Michael Pena and I was sold before I even saw a set photo. I also grew up on the Ant-Man comics more than any other hero. But I can watch Ant-Man over and over again whereas most of the other MCU movies I have to be in the right mood to watch them. I still think Endgame, Infinity War, Guardians Vol 1, Thor Ragnarok and Winter Soldier (not necessarily in that order) are better than Ant-Man, it’s just my favorite.

I believe it’s

Chapter 14 - Robert Rodriguez
Chapter 15 - Taika Waititi
Chapter 16 - Jon Favreau

so, yeah. I’m pretty excited about the final 3.

Edit- scratch that. Rick Famuyiwa is directing one of the final 3. I could have sworn Taika was coming back for another episode. That’s kind of a bummer. But I’m still looking forward to Famuyiwa. I loved Dope

Last edited:

Guardians has always been in my top 5. It was such a risk when it was first announced, even causal comic readers didn’t know who the GotG were, and most that did weren’t familiar with the team they went with other than Gamora. It was a very inside baseball comic. James Gunn turned it from a palette cleanser (hence the typically forgettable August release date) type movie that was never supposed to be anything more than a one-off with subtle references for the Avengers storyline to come, to getting a sequel (that grossed over $1B) and being an integral part of the Infinity Saga finale and now paving the way for more space based adventures. You could argue Guardians Vol 1 is one of the most important movies in the MCU

I believe it’s

Chapter 14 - Robert Rodriguez
Chapter 15 - Taika Waititi
Chapter 16 - Jon Favreau

so, yeah. I’m pretty excited about the final 3.

Edit- scratch that. Rick Famuyiwa is directing one of the final 3. I could have sworn Taika was coming back for another episode. That’s kind of a bummer. But I’m still looking forward to Famuyiwa. I loved Dope
Is that confirmed? I couldn’t find it. I also thought we had another Filoni.

Is that confirmed? I couldn’t find it. I also thought we had another Filoni.

Maybe Filoni is doing 2 and Favreau was just Chapter 9. But the other 2, Rodriguez and Famuyiwa are definitely doing 2 of the 3 and I believe I heard Rodriguez is next week

B163CF95-6222-4268-8B0E-D30935BFDCA6.jpeg

75C533FD-53E6-4EAE-ACD6-E599FA881520.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter