Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice this year my county as had internet outages for multiple days and my physical media saved me from boredom.
✋I'm one of those people that still buy physical media. By having the physical discs I own the movie/tv show "forever" and I'm to relying on a streaming service or a digital license that could be revoked at some point.
I still buy some physical but much less now than i used to. The biggest thing is not being beholden to a streaming service to be able to watch it. With many not even owning the movies on them they won't be there forever anyway. Disney is one of the few exceptions that they can keep their stuff up with no real issue. I am just more likely to wait to purchase until i find it on sale/resale for cheap if i can watch it on a streaming service currently. No need to rush out for it but if i really enjoy it I might pick it up if there is a great deal still.
I hadn't even thought of the issues of internet outage and not being able to watch your stuff then.

I still buy some physical but much less now than i used to. The biggest thing is not being beholden to a streaming service to be able to watch it. With many not even owning the movies on them they won't be there forever anyway. Disney is one of the few exceptions that they can keep their stuff up with no real issue. I am just more likely to wait to purchase until i find it on sale/resale for cheap if i can watch it on a streaming service currently. No need to rush out for it but if i really enjoy it I might pick it up if there is a great deal still.
I hadn't even thought of the issues of internet outage and not being able to watch your stuff then.

Yeah, I definitely buy less than I used to, but for certain things I will still buy them. My Disney impulse buying has definitely been reduced, but I already have a good collection of those on disc. I did buy Star Wars despite it being on D+ shorlty after. Sometimes I find I don't watch certian things often enough, but it is great to have them on streaming service just in case. I also have not invested in 4K players or discs, but on D+ some things are in 4K, which is nice.

I'm going to have a real love/hate relationship with this one. If they have older creators and such then I will be into that, but if they have the current stable of Marvel comics writers, I don't hold them in very high esteem and have little interest in what they have to say.

Last edited:

Still hoping Disney will finally put all the missing seasons of the Disney Channel shows on the UK version. Seeing as our channels are closing, it's about time we've caught up with the US as some of the shows are still many seasons behind, and the Tangled series is especially missing the last two.

so how does that work exactly

It lets you invite other account holders to watch and will they synch it up so you can chat about it. There are also supposed to be like reaction emojis that you can send to the screen. It's not that exciting to me, but I can see that some people would like the feature.

It lets you invite other account holders to watch and will they synch it up so you can chat about it. There are also supposed to be like reaction emojis that you can send to the screen. It's not that exciting to me, but I can see that some people would like the feature.

Especially with social distancing it seems like a way to do "movie night" with friends when you can't physically get together

Especially with social distancing it seems like a way to do "movie night" with friends when you can't physically get together
My friends and I typically get together each year to watch Hocus Pocus. So I had started looking into how to do this virtually since not all of my friends were comfortable yet getting together in person. Having the GroupWatch will be helpful for us since most of us already have Disney+. That is the only "gotcha" with this feature, each person you invite has to have a Disney+ subscription. There is also a limit on the number of people and no group chat ability (yet).

My friends and I typically get together each year to watch Hocus Pocus. So I had started looking into how to do this virtually since not all of my friends were comfortable yet getting together in person. Having the GroupWatch will be helpful for us since most of us already have Disney+. That is the only "gotcha" with this feature, each person you invite has to have a Disney+ subscription. There is also a limit on the number of people and no group chat ability (yet).

and I assume it is smart enough to check that there aren't multiple devices logged in using the same login credentials, right?

I'm going to have a real love/hate relationship with this one. If they have older creators and such then I will be into that, but if they have the current stable of Marvel comics writers, I don't hold them in very high esteem and have littler interest in what they have to say.

Storytelling wise, I dont hold the new writers to the same standard as even 15 years ago. But the art work in some of these books are still top notch, and you can tell the creativity is there. I’m still interested in this regardless, but I definitely see what you’re saying in that its a series that is probably a little behind in the times

Storytelling wise, I dont hold the new writers to the same standard as even 15 years ago. But the art work in some of these books are still top notch, and you can tell the creativity is there. I’m still interested in this regardless, but I definitely see what you’re saying in that its a series that is probably a little behind in the times

The art can be good, but then it always was. I'm more about the writing though, and they way they have destroyed their characters, especially recently, doesn't sit well with me. I was never one to think this way, but the movies (MCU) have surpassed the comics in every way.

and I assume it is smart enough to check that there aren't multiple devices logged in using the same login credentials, right?
Well, so far as I remember, we're allowed to have up to 5 devices signed in at a time. So I guess you could have 5 devices signed in with your credentials, and each friend you invite to GroupWatch could have 5 devices?

We recently watched some nostalgic offerings including the "Dexter Riley" films with Kurt Russell.

Well, two of them anyway. Does anyone know why the middle film of the "trilogy" (Now You See Him, Now You Don't) isn't available on Disney+ ?

We recently watched some nostalgic offerings including the "Dexter Riley" films with Kurt Russell.

Well, two of them anyway. Does anyone know why the middle film of the "trilogy" (Now You See Him, Now You Don't) isn't available on Disney+ ?

Not sure. It definitely should be to complete the set. Those are fun movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter