• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been binge watching once upon a time. I actually enjoy it. Like the twist on all these characters

Kind of off topic but could link into the MCU and its shows. But Jamie Fox is back as Electro in Spider-Man 3. A terrible, terrible decision and shows how inept Sony is at casting compared to Sarah Finn over at Marvel Studios. I dont care if its an inter dimensional film crossing over with the previous 2 Spider-Man franchises. Jamie Fox was awful as Max Dillon. If theyre leading to a Sinister Six with the lineup I think they are, they’re going to drop the ball, big time
yeah I agree. he wont be the blue electro in this one like the sony version. Supposedly this will be the classic version of the suit. This will be a better script than the sony one so I feel like it may be a better representation of the movie

Ok, ok, Joe Rhode saying "intrinsic" "value of nature" in the latest episode made my day. Lol, don't think ive ever seen a special where he doesn't say this. Also to me Josh Gad has the perfect voice for this type of show, I'm enjoying it so much

Ok, ok, Joe Rhode saying "intrinsic" "value of nature" in the latest episode made my day. Lol, don't think ive ever seen a special where he doesn't say this. Also to me Josh Gad has the perfect voice for this type of show, I'm enjoying it so much
Those are Joe’s favorite four words ;)

I hate to keep comparing it to Secrets of the Zoo but I feel like his voice makes it seem a bit more aimed at kids specifically. ... maybe just in my head it is like Olaf talking

Not saying it is bad or one is better than the other, just trying to compare and contrast - probably "intrinsically" ;) makes this more approachable to kids/families and then the other is a bit more "serious"

Those are Joe’s favorite four words ;)
Right?!?
Also forgot to mention i got a survey from my last visit to ak and one of the questions was "why did you decide to visit ak on this day" and the usual answers were there, family trip, experience a specific attraction... but one of them was "check out the animals featured on magic of Disney's Animal kingdom"
Not gonna lie, i went on Safari and looked for that fake palm tree :)

I hate to keep comparing it to Secrets of the Zoo but I feel like his voice makes it seem a bit more aimed at kids specifically. ... maybe just in my head it is like Olaf talking

Not saying it is bad or one is better than the other, just trying to compare and contrast - probably "intrinsically" ;) makes this more approachable to kids/families and then the other is a bit more "serious"
I compare his style with the animal documentary shown on Sunday mornings produced by sea world, these are old, like from the late 90s early 2000, i forgot the name

Right?!?
Also forgot to mention i got a survey from my last visit to ak and one of the questions was "why did you decide to visit ak on this day" and the usual answers were there, family trip, experience a specific attraction... but one of them was "check out the animals featured on magic of Disney's Animal kingdom"
Not gonna lie, i went on Safari and looked for that fake palm tree :)
I’m definitely looking for that tree next time.

Completely agree. This show lost my interest during the first episode. I’ll keep watching, as I love AK and new programming on Disney+ is always a must watch, but the show itself is a bit of a letdown for me. Definitely aimed at a younger demographic than the Secrets of the Zoo series (all 3 are excellent Columbus, Tampa, and Down Under). Also some of the treatments they do on the animals are a bit more old fashioned than treatments shown on the Secrets of the Zoo series. Like the giraffe getting his hoof trimmed in the first episode and how they had to anesthetize him to do it, the Tampa zoo was able to train their giraffe to lift his leg up on a block and allow the vets to trim his hoof while he ate snacks. Definitely shows that while AK is amazing at conservation and protection of the animals, they’re not a true zoo in every sense of the word.

Completely agree. This show lost my interest during the first episode. I’ll keep watching, as I love AK and new programming on Disney+ is always a must watch, but the show itself is a bit of a letdown for me. Definitely aimed at a younger demographic than the Secrets of the Zoo series (all 3 are excellent Columbus, Tampa, and Down Under). Also some of the treatments they do on the animals are a bit more old fashioned than treatments shown on the Secrets of the Zoo series. Like the giraffe getting his hoof trimmed in the first episode and how they had to anesthetize him to do it, the Tampa zoo was able to train their giraffe to lift his leg up on a block and allow the vets to trim his hoof while he ate snacks. Definitely shows that while AK is amazing at conservation and protection of the animals, they’re not a true zoo in every sense of the word.

But in the first episode of Animal Kingdom that's exactly what they did - they trained the Giraffe to put her hoof on the block so they wouldn't have to sedate her. The episode takes us through the training attempts and in the end it was successful. So, they did that, at least if I am remembering it correctly.

That show is pretty good. I liked it more than I thought I would. They should do that for all the parks. Expand on the A day in Disney shorts they have.

But in the first episode of Animal Kingdom that's exactly what they did - they trained the Giraffe to put her hoof on the block so they wouldn't have to sedate her. The episode takes us through the training attempts and in the end it was successful. So, they did that, at least if I am remembering it correctly.
That’s right, my mistake, I was remembering the episode incorrectly. What got me was the way they were making it like they pioneered this routine, when it was already being practiced in other zoos.

That show is pretty good. I liked it more than I thought I would. They should do that for all the parks. Expand on the A day in Disney shorts they have.

I just watched the thrid episode at lunch and they went back to The Seas and featured work on Lou the Manatee! I was very happy to see that. I love Lou!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter