Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

To be fair, the number of people impacted is so many degrees higher given the populations of the NYC and Philly metro areas.

I'd also assume a much higher proportion of that population uses walking and/or public transit to get around, so they have to expose themselves to it for a much longer time through their commutes.
I agree that the population density is much higher, but I disagree that it affects them more due to being outside longer. We live to be outdoors!

I agree that the population density is much higher, but I disagree that it affects them more due to being outside longer. We live to be outdoors!
Not sure why there is a competition of sorts here...it sucks for anyone anywhere...agreed?
Editing to add this is a first event of its kind of this magnitude in my lifetime living here if it's a normal event to others..well..I'm not sure I would continue to live in such a place given my children's asthma.

Just outside of Buffalo wasn't too bad IMO, fortunately. It was definitely hazy and smelled like smoke yesterday and today, with this morning being the worst, but by this evening the sky was getting blue looking again and definitely less smell. Didn't look anything like those photos from NYC. I still did my daily 4 mile walk and was fine.

Extended Queue Installed for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT; Could Standby Open Soon?

While visiting EPCOT today, we noticed that an overflow extended queue was installed for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.

As you can see in the photos below, an extended overflow queue has been installed, perhaps signaling that the tight control that a Virtual Queue offers could be going away. Cast Members said that a standby queue would not be offered today.

Another possibility for the recently installed extended queue is that Disney simply installed it for Disney After Hours when Cosmic Rewind operates with a standby line. Either way, the extended queue would not be needed during 95% of the year when crowds are normal and the attraction is operating without issues. Even during some of the most busy times of year, this extended queue would be overkill.

Most recently, this space had a large covered seating area – something that EPCOT needs more of, especially as we head into summer. Here’s a look at the extended queue, which is to the left of the main building.

cosmic-rewind-extended-overflow-queue-06072023-3.jpg

An EXCLUSIVE Fireworks Show Is Returning to Disney World

On July 3rd and July 4th, 2023, guests will be treated to a special fireworks show. The Disney’s Celebrate America! – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky show will temporarily replace Happily Ever After for the Fourth of July holiday. The show will begin at 9:20PM exclusively in the Magic Kingdom.

During this time, guests will have a rare opportunity to see a unique fireworks show complete with patriotic tunes and plenty of red, white, and blue fireworks. The show will only stick around for two days, so you don’t have much time to check it out!

2022-wdw-mk-magic-kingdom-4th-fourth-of-july-fireworks-disneys-celebrate-america-a-fourth-of-july-concert-in-the-sky-28-700x409.jpg

An EXCLUSIVE Fireworks Show Is Returning to Disney World

On July 3rd and July 4th, 2023, guests will be treated to a special fireworks show. The Disney’s Celebrate America! – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky show will temporarily replace Happily Ever After for the Fourth of July holiday. The show will begin at 9:20PM exclusively in the Magic Kingdom.

During this time, guests will have a rare opportunity to see a unique fireworks show complete with patriotic tunes and plenty of red, white, and blue fireworks. The show will only stick around for two days, so you don’t have much time to check it out!

2022-wdw-mk-magic-kingdom-4th-fourth-of-july-fireworks-disneys-celebrate-america-a-fourth-of-july-concert-in-the-sky-28-700x409.jpg

This would have been nice to also run on Memorial Day

Construction walls up around the former Starbucks in EPCOT's World Showcase

Starbucks Traveler's Café closed at the end of April 17, 2022, alongside the opening of the massive Starbucks location inside Connections Cafe in World Celebration.

The building has sat empty for the last year, but now there are signs that something may be happening in the area. Disney is yet to make any announcement of plans for the space.

Starbucks-World-Showcase_Full_51917.jpg

Walt Disney World's Genie+ introduces new price points this week

Walt Disney World's Genie+ is heading into new pricing territory this week with two first-ever price points.

June 6 was priced at $24, and June 7 at $23. This is the first time we have seen these prices since Genie+ began.

Pricing across the last seven days has been quite varied: $22, $22, $20, $22, $25, $24, $23.

It seems Disney is continuing to experiment with pricing points during this relatively quiet period of attendance at Walt Disney World.

The maximum Genie+ price so far at Walt Disney World is $35 from early April 2023, with the lowest being the introductory price of $15.

Get ready for a Virtual Joyride: New trailer released for TRON Lightcycle / Run at Walt Disney World

Disney has released a brand new promotional trailer for TRON Lightcycle / Run at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

The 90-second high-energy trailer features POV on-ride footage and includes a look at the queue area and canopy at nighttime.

TRON Lightcycle / Run officially opened at Magic Kingdom on April 4 2023.

I like that this trailer is longer than the actual ride.

Popping in as the resident air quality scientist to say that yes, wildfires unfortunately do happen regularly in many parts of the U.S. and the world and that fires can persist for weeks, but that also yes, exposure to wildfire smoke can still be a serious health risk. For the majority of adults who are healthy and without pre-existing lung and heart conditions, this will likely bring some irritation to the nose, throat, and eyes but they will recover quickly. For children, pregnant people, the elderly, and those with pre-existing lung and heart conditions, even some exposure at these levels can exacerbate health concerns and put people in the hospital. Count yourself lucky if you're among those who this doesn't affect seriously!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter