Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

HokieRaven5

DIS Veteran
1672549128570.gif

Welcome to the 2023 Edition of Our Disney News Discussion Thread!
Here you can talk about Disney‘s latest breaking news, construction updates, refurbishments, openings, and of course, have a little bit of fun! I encourage everyone to be friendly and share in the discussion of the day!! Thank You all for your continued support! We’re looking forward to an exciting year of Disney News!

*Past Threads:

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun Thread - 2021 Edition

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun Thread - 2022 Edition

*Additional Resources:

If you’re interested in all things Disney Merch, including in Park exclusives, Disney Springs Merch, shopDisney and more, visit the Shopping Thread!

Disney Shopping News Thread

Also, if you’re interested in the Monthly Resort Recreation Calendar or list of Movies Under the Stars for your upcoming stay at a Walt Disney World Resort, visit the official thread!

Monthly Resort Recreation Calendars and Movies Under the Stars Schedules

Was denied entry into Epcot at 12:10 AM Jan 1 today. Even though it was open until 1AM and I have an Epcot reservation on a Sorcerers Pass. Obv I was kinda kidding just thought I would try.

Watched from IG which was still fun.

Happy New Year.

Polish_20230101_051822813.png

Adventureland Treehouse Opening Date Announced, New Swiss Family Robinson Theme to Include S.E.A. Connection

The Disneyland website has been updated to show a reopening date of February 11, 2023 for the Adventureland Treehouse. Disney has not previously announced an opening date for the rethemed attraction. Here’s how Disney describes the new theme for the former Tarzan’s Treehouse:

Paying tribute to the original treehouse that Walt Disney and his Imagineers built in 1962 for the hit movie, “Swiss Family Robinson,” the Adventureland Treehouse inspired by Walt Disney’s Swiss Family Robinson will return in a fresh, new way at Disneyland park in 2023.
Update to this one from the previous thread:

Adventureland Treehouse Opening Date Removed from Disneyland Website

After posting operating hours for the Adventureland Treehouse yesterday, the Disneyland website has been updated to remove those hours, effectively extending the retheme of the former Tarzan’s Treehouse.

The Adventureland Treehouse previously had an opening date of February 11, 2023, but the hours have been removed and a new opening date has not been announced.

January Offerings at Gideon’s Bakehouse

First off, we have their signature cookie for January. Their Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cookie weighs in at almost half a pound (!) due to the mixture of Biscoff Cookie Butter, premium Butterscotch Chips, and crushed Biscoff cookies. These cookies are chock-full of butterscotch and cookie butter flavors that come together to make this one rich treat.

Gideon’s knows when you double the butter you double the likelihood of us loving it, which is why their next treat is the Cookie Butter Buttercream Cake. All of the flavor is packed into the Cookie Butter Buttercream, so the cake itself is a simple vanilla. This lets the buttercream have its moment to shine!

Last but certainly not least, they know you’re going to need something to wash your food down. Enter the Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cold Brew! This iced drink has all the sweetness of the cookie butter but is combined with the bitterness of a Nitro Cold Brew. You can only find this drink at Disney Springs!

6CD88EFB-3049-4CF1-A791-163F617C7E1D.png

January Offerings at Gideon’s Bakehouse

First off, we have their signature cookie for January. Their Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cookie weighs in at almost half a pound (!) due to the mixture of Biscoff Cookie Butter, premium Butterscotch Chips, and crushed Biscoff cookies. These cookies are chock-full of butterscotch and cookie butter flavors that come together to make this one rich treat.

Gideon’s knows when you double the butter you double the likelihood of us loving it, which is why their next treat is the Cookie Butter Buttercream Cake. All of the flavor is packed into the Cookie Butter Buttercream, so the cake itself is a simple vanilla. This lets the buttercream have its moment to shine!

Last but certainly not least, they know you’re going to need something to wash your food down. Enter the Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cold Brew! This iced drink has all the sweetness of the cookie butter but is combined with the bitterness of a Nitro Cold Brew. You can only find this drink at Disney Springs!

View attachment 728997
Also Banana Bread Chocolate Chip has officially become a permanent flavor on the menu & the limit is now 7 cookies instead of 6 via their official instagram

If this has already been announced elsewhere, feel free to delete this post. I just found out that the cost of APs went up on December 8th. Heads up to anyone looking to renew soon. I knew they were going to go up when they started selling them again, but the renewal cost went up already.

Can't tell you how happy I am about this. The smell was gross and made it difficult to be outside near Salt & Straw. I wonder if they will consider expanding into the spot, after the airing out of course. They need more room. The current spot is tiny.
So, I read your message the other day and I was having a hard time picturing where this place is. We go to DS yesterday, and I’m walking along, pretty oblivious to my surroundings, when I catch a breeze full of cigar smoke. I said out loud “there it is!” And laughed out loud! Had to explain to my family what I was referring to, but wanted to share that! Thought it was funny! Took a pic too lol

F156B735-9BEF-421A-818B-405065D42BD3.jpeg

@BrianL stood outside of Salt & Straw a good 4 minutes staring at the menu. Couldn’t do it 🫣 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter