Disney Mom Panel

I got one like the one above as well. I would be interested in seeing what the other rejection letter looked like.

"On behalf of all of us at Walt Disney World Resort®, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to apply for the first-ever Walt Disney World Moms Panel.

We realize it's no easy task just keeping a family moving every day, so we appreciate all the effort you put into your application. We were absolutely overwhelmed by the response we saw and very humbled by the heartwarming stories we read in each of the applications.

With 10,000 moms (and dads!) applying, we had a difficult time narrowing the field to the next round. We personally read every application submitted. While you were not among those selected, we are very grateful that you took the time to enter and share your love for Walt Disney World Resort®.

We hope in the future you will visit the Walt Disney World Moms Panel site, www.disneyworldmoms .com which officially launches in January. We hope you'll find the site a useful tool for you and other parents, too.

Again, thank you sincerely for your application. We hope to see you soon!"

I still haven't heard anything.... It would be nice to know!! Huge congrats to those who have already made it - Best Wishes!!!

I belong to another disney newsgroup, too.

I saw on there...there were two letters sent out, for the rejections.

Some had this paragraph and some didn't.

Mine had it. How many other people had it, too??

Because of the incredible passion you and so many others have shown for Walt Disney World Resort®, we've been inspired to explore more concepts for programs -- beyond the Moms Panel -- to engage moms and dads like you who want to share their passion for the Parks. We plan to follow up with you in the near future with more details.

Mine had that as well.

Another possible 1/2 reject here! I was never so glad to get a rejected letter! I was thinking that maybe mine was so lame it didn't warrent a response!

Mine had that as well.

Mine had this too.. i just went back and re-read it..

For those that didn't get this paragraph, who was your email signed by? Mine was signed by Amy, Leanne & Duncan ..

Sorry...just went back to check. It wasn't in my rejection email but it was in a separate email I got at the same time from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.

Here is some text from the email:

I was part of the first screening room, it was 300 moms only and we viewed clips of movies and gave our opinions. It was lots of fun - good luck it you decide to do it.

Mine was signed by Amy, Leanne and Duncan also, and I got the half rejection email too. I'm curious to know if the other full rejection email was signed by the same. There's got to be another way to word this rejection tho! 1/2 rejection, full rejection, frankly none of them sound good!

So let me get this straight..... There are 2 rejections e-mails?!?! :scared:

Because of the incredible passion you and so many others have shown for Walt Disney World Resort®, we've been inspired to explore more concepts for programs -- beyond the Moms Panel -- to engage moms and dads like you who want to share their passion for the Parks. We plan to follow up with you in the near future with more details.

AND

"On behalf of all of us at Walt Disney World Resort®, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to apply for the first-ever Walt Disney World Moms Panel.

We realize it's no easy task just keeping a family moving every day, so we appreciate all the effort you put into your application. We were absolutely overwhelmed by the response we saw and very humbled by the heartwarming stories we read in each of the applications.

With 10,000 moms (and dads!) applying, we had a difficult time narrowing the field to the next round. We personally read every application submitted. While you were not among those selected, we are very grateful that you took the time to enter and share your love for Walt Disney World Resort®.

We hope in the future you will visit the Walt Disney World Moms Panel site, www.disneyworldmoms .com which officially launches in January. We hope you'll find the site a useful tool for you and other parents, too.

Again, thank you sincerely for your application. We hope to see you soon!"

Also, others received a seperate e-mail inviting them to join the "Screening Panel"
Do you enjoy offering your opinion and spreading the word on
movies, TV shows and more? If so, read on!

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment invites you to participate in the Disney Screening Room, an online community of moms with children under 13 throughout the U.S. In this private, exclusive community you'll spend 5-15 minutes per week serving as an advisor to Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, discussing a wide variety of topics relating to your life, lifestyle, home entertainment habits, interests, experiences, and more. In addition, you'll receive Amazon.com gift certificates and other surprises for doing so!

I find this whole thing very interesting.......

I got the 1/2 rejection letter signed by Amy, Leanne and Duncan also...and then I got the Screening Panel invite at the same time. Are these the opportunities they are talking about?

ahilly-when was the first screening panel? does it involve much? do you just watch clips and then comment along with others? how did you get chosen originally?

The first Disney Screening Room started in Dec 2006. I was part of it too. They had surveys and discussions about various Disney DVDs and movies. They would usually provide us with a clip or question and ask us what we thought, what our kids thought, and sometimes what friends and family thought. They had new posts every week for you to check out and you could also talk with other moms. We got incentives for participation. I originally got an email from Disney last year about it and filled out a survey. The first one just ended yesterday and they will be starting a new one soon. Hope this helps.:)

The first Disney Screening Room started in Dec 2006. I was part of it too. They had surveys and discussions about various Disney DVDs and movies. They would usually provide us with a clip or question and ask us what we thought, what our kids thought, and sometimes what friends and family thought. They had new posts every week for you to check out and you could also talk with other moms. We got incentives for participation. I originally got an email from Disney last year about it and filled out a survey. The first one just ended yesterday and they will be starting a new one soon. Hope this helps.:)

Thanks for the info! That helps a lot. Well, I hope I get chosen for it...I like talking Disney with anyone and incentives are just a bonus! :thumbsup2

The screening room sounds like the screening thing at Universal Studios...only you have to be there to view the 1 hour show, but they pay you $15 to do it.

So i guess we have confirmed that there are 2 different rejection emails? This is just all torture! LOL

So i guess we have confirmed that there are 2 different rejection emails? This is just all torture! LOL

No, there are 3 ANSWERS, not emails, those and then nada...nothing...not even a kick in the pants...get out and scram you....too bad, so sad...don't let the door hit you....don't come back....loser....

you get the picture...not one word, no email here

I did want to note that my rejection email went to a different email address than the one they sent confirming my application. Thought that was weird!

I would check all your email accounts if you haven't heard from them yet.

I got the rejection with the little blurb about "future opportunities".

I also got the thing about the Movie panel. That one, I think, will just be online. They send you clips, you view them, you answer questions about what you saw, they send you a gift card. I was on a Lands End panel that was like that. I do Pinecone surveys now, and it's like that. HOWEVER when I clicked to complete the questions to see if I qualified for the Movie panel it said I don't!:mad:

So that's the end of that!

No, there are 3 ANSWERS, not emails, those and then nada...nothing...not even a kick in the pants...get out and scram you....too bad, so sad...don't let the door hit you....don't come back....loser....

you get the picture...not one word, no email here

Well, the "answers" ARE emails.. ;) So, there are still those that got nothing -no email -- hmm.. i would definately agree that they might have sent to an old email addy.. Why ? Who knows.. apparently there is no rhyme or reason to what they are doing.. :confused3 For those who still have not heard anything, i would be willing to bet, that it was sent to a different email, or your spam email program or whatever, deleted it.. I think it would be very strange for them to send out emails to everyone else, but not to some.. JMO. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter