Disney Magic In England, May 2020 to October 2021 Updates In First Post

UK just announced a 14 day quarantine for air arrivals. Exception are the French coming via the chunnel. If that makes sense. Let’s see how long this lasts. Comments in Europe is that killed aviation for that country.
How about other nationalities traveling bij Chunnel? We planned to use it to go to Dover for our cruise

How about other nationalities traveling bij Chunnel? We planned to use it to go to Dover for our cruise

Currently, the only quarantine that’s been announced is for air travel.

EDIT: News is now reporting that the quarantine is likely to be extended to train & ferry passengers also.

UK just announced a 14 day quarantine for air arrivals. Exception are the French coming via the chunnel. If that makes sense. Let’s see how long this lasts. Comments in Europe is that killed aviation for that country.

EDIT: News is now reporting that the quarantine is likely to be extended to train & ferry passengers also.

One of the mods on another section worked in Orlando airport helping with the quarantine process for flights arriving from New York and other hotspot areas in USA. For them it was the the airport which passengers departed from which was the determining factor. For example, on all flights from JFK to Orlando the passengers had to fill out the quarantine forms, irrespective of where they actually lived.

I would expect it to be the same in Europe. On all flights from Germany, all passengers, irrespective of their nationality would have to quarantine. On all flights from France, all passengers irrespective of their nationality would not have to quarantine. This is because in France, there is already a 14 quarantine procedure for anyone arriving into France.

Therefore UK, Ireland and France are basically a quarantine free bubble.

One of the mods on another section worked in Orlando airport helping with the quarantine process for flights arriving from New York and other hotspot areas in USA. For them it was the the airport which passengers departed from which was the determining factor. For example, on all flights from JFK to Orlando the passengers had to fill out the quarantine forms, irrespective of where they actually lived.

I would expect it to be the same in Europe. On all flights from Germany, all passengers, irrespective of their nationality would have to quarantine. On all flights from France, all passengers irrespective of their nationality would not have to quarantine. This is because in France, there is already a 14 quarantine procedure for anyone arriving into France.

Therefore UK, Ireland and France are basically a quarantine free bubble.
Except that the France quarantine isn't for other EU countries, so that would make it quite a large bubble ;)

Try flying into Dublin , drive to Belfast and fly to London..... drive to Dover. These border / quarantine decisions have become ridiculous

I am from Scotland, UK and it’s a total mess here. England are going there separate ways to Scotland , Wales and Ireland To so it’s getting a bit messy. I am booked on cruise from Dover. I think it’s as good as 99 percent not happening

I don't think the Magic will be taking any passengers until it returns to Florida. I'm supposed to go on a HOTHS cruise in October between NYC and Bermuda. Well, Bermuda has flattened their curve with a grand total of 7 deaths due to Covid 19, and fewer new cases than recoveries each day. They would be fools to allow a ship carrying passengers from NYC to dock, and I'm sure they won't. I'm sure Canadian port authorities will feel the same way.
I agree. I am booked on the Oct 22nd. I can't imagine Bermuda letting NY ships in... but then again, I did this cruise last year, and was amazed at how most of the Island relies on tourism. They need to get their economy back... Fingers crossed. It was a great trip. I would love to do it again.

I am from Scotland, UK and it’s a total mess here. England are going there separate ways to Scotland , Wales and Ireland To so it’s getting a bit messy. I am booked on cruise from Dover. I think it’s as good as 99 percent not happening

I think you're right, the Magic is coming over for her dry dock and to drop off European crew. If they were planning any cruises before she sails back to the USA they wouldn't have let most of the crew go. I'm sad that we'll miss both our cruises this year but staying hopeful for next summer.

Edited to add, even if the Magic did cruise this summer I wouldn't be able to go as this is what our Minister for Health here in Ireand said this morning

Minister Simon Harris also said that is is unlikely anyone will be able to travel out of Ireland to go on holidays abroad this summer.
Asked by one listener how long quarantining after going abroad would last for, he replied: ‘As of today the advice is you should not leave the island of Ireland.
‘You shouldn’t be flying out of the country. There is no sign of that public health advice changing anytime soon.

I guess 2021 is our next best bet :guilty:

Last edited:
I must say I am pessimistic about European cruises this year. Today, with much sadness, I rang and cancelled our booking for the Westbound TA in October. This was planned to morph into a fortnight at WDW from 12 October. I am equally pessimistic about that but the PIF date on that is not until 6 August. Unfortunately, we are currently banned from travel to the US by POTUS and there is no sign of that lifting any time soon: indeed Mnuchin let slip the other day that there would be no foreign tourism into the US this year! I also heard that a UK annual passholder had received a refund from Disney with no option for extension as " UK people will not be able to visit this year. I wonder if Disney have heard something we don't know?

I don't agree that the situation in the UK is chaotic. The UK government is quite clear (as far as anyone could be, I fear). Unfortunately the other countries in the UK seem to have control of their own affairs!!!!! Steps aside to dodge bricks from Scotland :-)

Let us wait and see. There is a huge pressure business wise on opening up the country for tourism. I am not very optimistic regarding the WBTA too but do not believe that they would not open the borders for travel.

BTW from what I read is that Mnuchin said that it’s simply, “Too hard to tell, at this point.” on may 4th.

Thanks for the extra detail. I took the view that our own plans to cruise to New York, fly down to Orlando and then back to the UK via New York again were just to complex in this environment: we have done something similar before. The WDW stint is the major event and I think if anything is possible it is likely to involve flying direct to MCO. We shall see. In any event we have been so many times before it won't hurt to wait for another year and we wouldn't want to have a less than good experience in Orlando with extra health restrictions. It is too expensive travelling from the UK for that. We are keeping a close watch up until payment in full date of 6 August. That's the next checkpoint.

That´s almost the same like our plan. Too bad. I have to wait if the airline is going to cancel flights anyway. Do not want to cancel by myself.

We just cancelled our August 13 Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen.

I highly doubt any Disney Magic Europe cruise happens this summer and, moreover, just don't see the cruise industry getting back to normal anytime soon. So we decided that even a potential 125% credit isn't enough to entice us to keep the reservation.

We had a mega-trip planned that included time in Paris and Copenhagen before the cruise and time in London after. But with all of the different moving parts going on right now with restrictions and quarantines, we decided to cancel the whole trip.

Aside from the disappointment, the worst part is that we'd not only already purchased all of our airfare but they were all one-way tickets on different itineraries, which included European carriers (Air France and British Airways). I haven't yet called the airlines to check about our cancellation options. For example, even if we get credits from the European carriers, I'm not sure when we'd be able to use them.

For those who are still hoping for trips this summer...

do you actually think travel is a good idea?????

(I'm busy hoping that my kids get to go back to school in the fall. The more people travel and spread germs, the more likely it is that this goes on!!!!!)

I also heard that a UK annual passholder had received a refund from Disney with no option for extension as " UK people will not be able to visit this year. I wonder if Disney have heard something we don't know?

So I am a UK annual passholder and no such refund has happened for mine! Not sure who you heard this off but I would be interested in knowing how they got this? Did they contact Disney and they did this? Sorry you may not know but just haven't heard of any refunds being granted on them and would definitely be interested as haven't used since I purchased in September because I was going to use in May.

Do you actually think travel is a good idea????? (I'm busy hoping that my kids get to go back to school in the fall. The more people travel and spread germs, the more likely it is that this goes on!!!!!)

So from a personal point of view, I think if safeties are in place, there is no additional risk to travelling and I will be willing to. If a country had no COVID then yes tourists might bring it in and therefore shouldn't be allowed but no country hasn't got COVID. Currently its probably more likely that tourists will bring it out of a country and home than into one in my opinion based on the safeties I've heard banded about in our country at least. That said I don't think the world can put itself on hold indefinitely. What if we never find a cure we are never going to travel ever again just in case? What about all the people who are currently relying on tourism to make ends meat? We have to find a happy medium between controlling COVID and allowing the world to restart and this includes tourism. Its a difficult one and there will be lots of view points but I think there's a balance here.

Europe cruises can still be booked on the website beginning with the July 25 2020 cruise.
They are gone now :( (I also checked yesterday, so I know they were still there then)

EDIT: This doesn't mean they're going to be cancelled (quickly), the Mediterranean cruises have been gone a long time, and not all have been cancelled. So it could be they want less bookings to have to deal with if they have to cancel, or they want less rooms occupied if they do sail

It was expected but still sad :(- but now all European cruises are gone from the DCL website. It is unrealistic to expect they are able to hire any crew in the current situation with travel restrictions in time for their July/August/september cruises. So I am 100 % sure it means these itineraries are cancelled and Magic just sails over for dry dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter