Disney Magic In England, May 2020 to October 2021 Updates In First Post

My cousin is coastguard at Dover.
I'll have to see if they know anything, any insiders.
Yup, I expect the next port will be Ponta Delgado, so it'll be a few days until we know for sure

Well I just checked the port schedule for Cadiz , Spain, where The Magic is scheduled for a dry dock in October. The Magic is now due in Cadiz on May 21 :( so it looks like the dry dock is happening, but the cruises are not :(

The dry dock is supposed to be sceduled between my cruise on September 18 and the transatantic on October 2.

It would not make sense for DCL to have a 2 week gap after my cruise and before the transatantic.

So my logical brain says The Magic is going to Cadiz without passengers, the dry dock refrub will happen and then The Magic will sail back to America without passengers :(

Attachments

• Cadiz Port Schedule.jpg
    Cadiz Port Schedule.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 48
Well I just checked the port schedule for Cadiz , Spain, where The Magic is scheduled for a dry dock in October. The Magic is now due in Cadiz on May 21 :( so it looks like the dry dock is happening, but the cruises are not :(

The dry dock is supposed to be sceduled between my cruise on September 18 and the transatantic on October 2.

It would not make sense for DCL to have a 2 week gap after my cruise and before the transatantic.

So my logical brain says The Magic is going to Cadiz without passengers, the dry dock refrub will happen and then The Magic will sail back to America without passengers :(
I'm not sure if the port schedule has been updated and this isn't the original stop planned as part of the EBTA, because May 21 sounds about right for that if they're supposed to be in Barcelona on the 23rd. (I still have a hard time believing the cruises are going to happen, the UK announced yesterday gyms aren't allowed to open until October 1st, I doubt they'll allow cruise ships to dock before they allow gyms to open)

I'm not sure if the port schedule has been updated and this isn't the original stop planned as part of the EBTA, because May 21 sounds about right for that if they're supposed to be in Barcelona on the 23rd. (I still have a hard time believing the cruises are going to happen, the UK announced yesterday gyms aren't allowed to open until October 1st, I doubt they'll allow cruise ships to dock before they allow gyms to open)

I hope you are right, but it makes sense that DCL would sail to Cadiz where the dry dock is scheduled and to hold the ship there until the port reopens and the workers can do the refurb

I hope you are right, but it makes sense that DCL would sail to Cadiz where the dry dock is scheduled and to hold the ship there until the port reopens and the workers can do the refurb
Yes, that's what I didn't understand about the plan reported here, that she would wait in Dover and then go to Cadiz for the dry dock. But Cadiz is tiny, there isn't that much there, so maybe it's a practical issue (or Spain doesn't allow it and the UK does)

I saw posts in another group that the Magic is going to Europe to drop off cast members who are from there that couldn’t fly home. They were having people move from the Fantasy and Dream to Magic when all three ships were in port Canaveral

I saw the same. All 3 ships were in PC to transfer crew from one ship to another. The Magic is taking all the European crew home, the Fantasy will be taking Caribbean crew to their locations, but no mention was made of the Dream.

The video I saw was very sad, with all the crew walking on the pier single file while maintaining distance.

I saw the same. All 3 ships were in PC to transfer crew from one ship to another. The Magic is taking all the European crew home, the Fantasy will be taking Caribbean crew to their locations, but no mention was made of the Dream.

The video I saw was very sad, with all the crew walking on the pier single file while maintaining distance.
Not sure which one is going to go to Mexico and Latin America to drop off crew for those countries, I've seen both listed as making the trip so we'll see maybe in a few days, the ship that remains near Florida is doing so since the remaining crew on board is currently prohibited from repatriating (US & Canada) due to CDC/USCG restrictions due to the No Sail Order, that could change at the end of June or if they lift the order sooner. After Castaway Cay the Magic will make her way to Europe and drop off crew members there (Probably Dover) so they can catch flights to their home countries, including Asia and Australia, then she'll lay up there in Cold Shut Down until resumption of operations OR time for her to sail to Cadiz for the Dry Dock.

I figured they would head to Europe one way or another in hopes of salvaging the end of summer.

Flights are starting to resume in the coming months, of course subject to change. Someone mentioned Delta but Delta has added several European cities back to its schedule with service resumption dates set for June or July. Paris, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, London, Brussels and Munich are among the list scheduled to resume non-stop from Atlanta. Shanghai, Tokyo and Seoul are on the list too. Rome is listed but later than the others as September. Doesn’t mean they won’t be flying there from another hub.

MAGIC is currently docked at Castaway Cay. Wish they had a webcam.
And fwiw, it did stop there in the past on the EBTA, at keast we did in 2010. Then next landfall in Funchal, Madeira.

That's what I think will happen. I doubt the Magic will see any passengers in Europe.

The EU is going to vote (but it's likely the vote will pass) to close the boarders for another month. The news item I saw mentions June 15th, but it's unclear if that's the current date, or the date after the vote. Either way, they aren't talking about opening up the boarders at all.

I read in another group this morning that the Magic is at Castaway to pick up crew that need to go home to Europe and then it will head to Dover, supposed to dock there May 19th.

As predicted, next stop, Ponta Delgada, surprised the predicted date is 7 days, it's 6 days (with passengers) from Miami and I'd expect they'd be able to make more speed during the day without passengers, so I expected them to be there sightly quicker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter