Disney Magic In England, May 2020 to October 2021 Updates In First Post

Thanks Bad Pink Tink - she was in before 7 as I looked just around then and she was there! Got very excited to see her funnels on the camera.

We we’re on the Magic‘s last cruise before the shutdown 3/9-3/14. Our itinerary was changed due to a mechanical issue. The Magic was unable to sail at its normal speed. The earlier dry dock during this shutdown is good to hear.

We we’re on the Magic‘s last cruise before the shutdown 3/9-3/14. Our itinerary was changed due to a mechanical issue. The Magic was unable to sail at its normal speed. The earlier dry dock during this shutdown is good to hear.

Where have you heard they are doing an earlier dry dock? I must have missed this. Dover isn't a dry dock port so its def not being done there its just sitting out the current situation. The scheduled dry dock is in September in Cadiz I think.

Where have you heard they are doing an earlier dry dock? I must have missed this. Dover isn't a dry dock port so its def not being done there its just sitting out the current situation. The scheduled dry dock is in September in Cadiz I think.

The Magic was scheduled to be in Cadiz on May 21 on a regular port call. She is still showing on the port calendar for Cadiz on May 21, so there was some thought that they might be shifting her drydock.

Does anyone know if dry dock is even on-schedule? Do they still expect it to be in September? I'm wondering if that schedule might be out-of-whack due to closures or limited workforce over the past couple of months.

Does anyone know if dry dock is even on-schedule? Do they still expect it to be in September? I'm wondering if that schedule might be out-of-whack due to closures or limited workforce over the past couple of months.
No idea if the dry dock is even operational at the moment. Spain just extended their state of emergency with two more weeks, till the 7th of June. I doubt a dry dock is considered crucial in all of this. Also don't know how they would handle their schedule, if everybody moves up or they just pick up at the moment they're allowed to open.

The Magic was scheduled to be in Cadiz on May 21 on a regular port call. She is still showing on the port calendar for Cadiz on May 21, so there was some thought that they might be shifting her drydock.

So that was the stop from the EBTA and wouldn't be a drydock as that's not scheduled on the port schedule. There is the option I guess to dry dock early but the dock isn't currently open to take them

No idea if the dry dock is even operational at the moment. Spain just extended their state of emergency with two more weeks, till the 7th of June. I doubt a dry dock is considered crucial in all of this. Also don't know how they would handle their schedule, if everybody moves up or they just pick up at the moment they're allowed to open.

So they aren't allowed. I was in Spain (Tenerife) when the lock down started and the businesses allowed to operate were very strict (although did include hair dressers). I've made an assumption they will pick up following current schedule but you are right there is also the "what happens with those that should have already had dry dock". I guess none of us really know. I was just curious as to why people thought she was going in early. If anything I think out of the 3 scenarios (on schedule, delayed dry dock or early dry dock) I'd think the first two are more likely than the early one.

So they aren't allowed. I was in Spain (Tenerife) when the lock down started and the businesses allowed to operate were very strict (although did include hair dressers). I've made an assumption they will pick up following current schedule but you are right there is also the "what happens with those that should have already had dry dock". I guess none of us really know. I was just curious as to why people thought she was going in early. If anything I think out of the 3 scenarios (on schedule, delayed dry dock or early dry dock) I'd think the first two are more likely than the early one.
I think they'll pick up where they left off and reschedule the missed dry docks, it will become a logistical nightmare otherwise, the Magic for instance wouldn't even be in Europe anymore and I guess a other companies will have similar issues, but we can't be sure.

I think they'll pick up where they left off and reschedule the missed dry docks, it will become a logistical nightmare otherwise, the Magic for instance wouldn't even be in Europe anymore and I guess a other companies will have similar issues, but we can't be sure.

Agreed! It would make sense to start using the ones scheduled as soon as they can and keep to the current schedule where possible then if ships can't make their scheduled slots use them for those that have been missed in the lockdown.

So that was the stop from the EBTA and wouldn't be a drydock as that's not scheduled on the port schedule. There is the option I guess to dry dock early but the dock isn't currently open to take them

She was still on the calendar there. I think that’s where the discussion came from. However, as she still moored in Dover, I’m guessing she is not going to Cadiz today

Agreed! It would make sense to start using the ones scheduled as soon as they can and keep to the current schedule where possible then if ships can't make their scheduled slots use them for those that have been missed in the lockdown.

I don’t know what the whole schedule is at Cadiz, But when they fully open they want to have work for their employees. Some of the ships that may have been scheduled in the summer may not be able to make it for various reasons. And so perhaps the Magic could go in early if they have room for her - just speculation. I think the primary goal with this one was the refit of the new concierge rooms. So, it was relatively short, and I don’t think any major changes to the public areas were anticipated.

I'm surprised she's still in the Harbor in Dover. As said before, that must be expensive. I read an article there were issues with the flights they booked for the crew, they were cancelled, so that might be why?

I believe the Magic is scheduled to be in Dover for 4 days while they disembark and repatriate crew. There were some crew that had flights cancelled but others are leaving as scheduled. It will be interesting to see what happens after she leaves Dover.

I believe the Magic is scheduled to be in Dover for 4 days while they disembark and repatriate crew. There were some crew that had flights cancelled but others are leaving as scheduled. It will be interesting to see what happens after she leaves Dover.

Do you know if there is an anchorage area near Dover, like there is for PC and Miami? Perhaps traffic in the Channel would make this problematic. The Fred Olsen ships are all up in the Firth of Forth anchorage, perhaps the Magic will go there if she does not go to Spain.

Also going to be interesting what happens to the South African crew. They were told to pay $1000 if they wanted to fly home. All refused to pay, as Disney weren't telling others to pay.

Do you know if there is an anchorage area near Dover, like there is for PC and Miami? Perhaps traffic in the Channel would make this problematic. The Fred Olsen ships are all up in the Firth of Forth anchorage, perhaps the Magic will go there if she does not go to Spain.

I'm assuming there is anchorage around there somewhere, but the Channel is busy so it could be off the coast somewhere away from the Channel as you say.

Also going to be interesting what happens to the South African crew. They were told to pay $1000 if they wanted to fly home. All refused to pay, as Disney weren't telling others to pay.

I hadn't heard that about the South African crew. The last I heard they were all being called to guest services, but I didn't know the outcome. I have a friend that was on board but she has now gone home. :thumbsup2

But at least they are on board? I know of a crew member from an other African country who was told they'd be transferred to the Magic, but then they weren't...

But at least they are on board? I know of a crew member from an other African country who was told they'd be transferred to the Magic, but then they weren't...
Have also heard stories of crew who were offered no help to get home. Very disappointing how DCL are treating some people. Guessing many won’t be wanting to return. We’ve been complaining about loyalty not being recognized for years (castaway club gifts etc) and it seems they don’t deal with the crew loyalty well either.

I'd be careful with those reports. These are biased for sure. Always difficult to judge when you do not have the chance to hear both sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter