Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you buy Target gift cards online with the Red Card Default get the 5% off and then purchase the Disney Gift Cards with the Target GC (red card default) for another 5%? Also, do you know how long it takes to ship out the Disney gift cards?
No. No red card discount on target cards. If you could do that, you could get rich because you could do it indefinitely.

Mine arrive within a week consistently.

I think I am going to give the Target CG method a try. I have a couple questions though on where I can use the Disney CGs after I get them.

1. Can I use them to pay for the $200 room deposit? We have a CM booking our rooms for us so I am assuming that she will give us a reservation number and we will each pay each room deposit separate (3 rooms total).
2. Can you pay for food in the parks with them? If you can, can you link the card to your magic band or do you have carry the CG with you?
3. In the app I don't see a way to add a CG, is it even possible?

I think I am going to give the Target CG method a try. I have a couple questions though on where I can use the Disney CGs after I get them.

1. Can I use them to pay for the $200 room deposit? We have a CM booking our rooms for us so I am assuming that she will give us a reservation number and we will each pay each room deposit separate (3 rooms total).
2. Can you pay for food in the parks with them? If you can, can you link the card to your magic band or do you have carry the CG with you?
3. In the app I don't see a way to add a CG, is it even possible?

2. Yes and it can be done a few ways. Either carry your cards around with you, or pay with your magic band to your room. The day before we checked out, I went to the front desk and had the cards applied to all room charges. This MUST be done at least 1 day prior to check out or else they will run the credit card that you have on file.

2. Yes and it can be done a few ways. Either carry your cards around with you, or pay with your magic band to your room. The day before we checked out, I went to the front desk and had the cards applied to all room charges. This MUST be done at least 1 day prior to check out or else they will run the credit card that you have on file.

That's exactly what I was wondering because I wanted to make sure I applied them before they billed the card.

That's exactly what I was wondering because I wanted to make sure I applied them before they billed the card.

There are also spending thresholds at each resort (I don't know the specific amounts) when they run your card. We don't ever reach those, so we didn't need to worry about that. However, if you are planning on spending a fair amount every few days, I would research what the amounts are, or just go to the front desk every day/night to apply your cards.

Can you buy Target gift cards online with the Red Card Default get the 5% off and then purchase the Disney Gift Cards with the Target GC (red card default) for another 5%? Also, do you know how long it takes to ship out the Disney gift cards?

No, Target does not apply the 5% off to Target Gift Cards to the best of my knowledge.

I have found they ship relatively quick - my orders turn around within 24 hours if a weekday, and usually are on my door 5-9 days later.

ETA: sorry, my page had not loaded all replies, I did not see this was answered :)

There are also spending thresholds at each resort (I don't know the specific amounts) when they run your card. We don't ever reach those, so we didn't need to worry about that. However, if you are planning on spending a fair amount every few days, I would research what the amounts are, or just go to the front desk every day/night to apply your cards.

When we were at CBR in June I went to pay down my balance with my gift cards and she said it was a good thing I came in when I did because the next morning they would have charged my card. I was at $750 balance. With 10 people it got up there pretty quickly, lol.

I just purchased another Disney gift card (and Starbucks) and I was charge tax-- $5.80 for a $115 order. I looked back and I was also charged on my past order, as well. (96 cents on a $100 order) Beyond this order and the time before that, no tax has been charged. I called Target and they said they adjust the invoice/charge on both orders. I was also given a case number.

Check your orders...

I just purchased another Disney gift card (and Starbucks) and I was charge tax-- $5.80 for a $115 order. I looked back and I was also charged on my past order, as well. (96 cents on a $100 order) Beyond this order and the time before that, no tax has been charged. I called Target and they said they adjust the invoice/charge on both orders. I was also given a case number.

Check your orders...

I'm trying to purchase right now and its charging me tax. This has never happened before. Anybody know how to get around it?

Check your orders...

I'm trying to purchase right now and its charging me tax. This has never happened before. Anybody know how to get around it?

I saw that today too and started a chat with their online help person. He said that they charge tax on the delivery. Well that makes no sense at all because 1) It was an e-card and 2) there is no shipping charge for RedCard holders. I wasn't able to reply because I was on my way out the door to babysit.

While I was out, I went through the Target app on my phone and made the purchase and no tax was added so I don't know if they fixed it or if it was because I used the mobile app instead. Either way, there should not be tax on a gift card purchase...period.

I also just did my usual routine to order Disney cards from Target & I was charged tax, too. First time that has happened to me. I'll wait to order, but I hope this gets resolved quickly!

Just an update....6 1/2 weeks after my initial DVA funds disappeared and I still don't have them entirely back yet. This is probably my 7th phone call at least for the situation. The last call last week they were marking my 'ticket' with extremely high importance and requesting I get a call back to find out an estimated time it would be taken care of and for some follow up. Never heard back. I have given ****many**** of my dollars to Disney in the last few years, it would be nice if they would give me my freaking $100 back!

Just an update....6 1/2 weeks after my initial DVA funds disappeared and I still don't have them entirely back yet. This is probably my 7th phone call at least for the situation. The last call last week they were marking my 'ticket' with extremely high importance and requesting I get a call back to find out an estimated time it would be taken care of and for some follow up. Never heard back. I have given ****many**** of my dollars to Disney in the last few years, it would be nice if they would give me my freaking $100 back!

I hope this gets resolved for you soon! That really stinks :sad2:.

Thanks, but I have tried different browsers, clearing cache, guest account, etc.

I just tried the mobile app (which I never use) and it charges 2.00 tax even as guest, as opposed to 2.85. Hmm, but my phone was using my wifi at home.

I turned my phone's wifi off and finally no tax. I am in the state of Florida if anyone else is having the issue, maybe it is localized.
I got a $100 card and it id not add tax, but when I went to get a $50 (same day etc, I just had used 4 cards to pay for the $100 had to do a separate transaction) it charged it. It was funny cause the tax amount kept changing, did not get it but will try again for a $100.

I received 2 $100 Disney Cards from Target no issues, now just got another $150, and guess what? The $100 card is INACTIVE. The other is fine. I called and after waiting 20min I was transferred to a rep and she knew how to help but it was too late the Disney call center closes at 5pm pacific...I'm on the East coast and it was 8:10pm. So...the rep said she would contact them Monday when they reopen and email me back to advise my card is activated. I will wait until Monday and check, but I'm worried I have another $500 Disney gift card from target being shipped right now.

So I have to say thanks to everyone who helped out with this thread, because I was able to pay off my trip earlier than expected! I'll miss trying to get the best % off on target gift cards. I hope everyone's problems solve soon. I feel bad seeing people have so much trouble!

I received 2 $100 Disney Cards from Target no issues, now just got another $150, and guess what? The $100 card is INACTIVE. The other is fine. I called and after waiting 20min I was transferred to a rep and she knew how to help but it was too late the Disney call center closes at 5pm pacific...I'm on the East coast and it was 8:10pm. So...the rep said she would contact them Monday when they reopen and email me back to advise my card is activated. I will wait until Monday and check, but I'm worried I have another $500 Disney gift card from target being shipped right now.

Yikes. I got two $100 cards from Target this week. I was able to add them to the DVA with no trouble. I hope this is resolved really quickly for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter