Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
UMM!!! I just discovered that Cardcash purchases on my Chase Ink card counted for the 5x rewards categories :dogdance:. I was totally not expecting that and just putting the purchases on my Ink to meet the minimum spend. Useful if you dabble in MS or are otherwise addicted to maximizing credit card rewards.

Now if I could just get the DisneyVacationAccount peeps to put my $100 back into my account. :mad:

ETA: Raise did NOT count for 5x Ultimate Rewards.

Ok 1st time I want to get a raise target GC..how do I load it online in worried original owner will try to empty it or use it before I do..I'm always worried about scammers.TIA

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but....
At one time, Disney Parks gift cards and Disney Store gift cards were not interchangeable. Looking at the gc on Target, it says it can be used at the parks or the stores.
Are the cards interchangeable now??

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but....
At one time, Disney Parks gift cards and Disney Store gift cards were not interchangeable. Looking at the gc on Target, it says it can be used at the parks or the stores.
Are the cards interchangeable now??

No it's a good question. There's still different types of cards but the ones sold at Target can be used at both the resorts and stores. There is another type that is Disney Store only and I found out because I bought a mislabled one off Raise once but they quickly refunded the money to me after complaining.

No it's a good question. There's still different types of cards but the ones sold at Target can be used at both the resorts and stores. There is another type that is Disney Store only and I found out because I bought a mislabled one off Raise once but they quickly refunded the money to me after complaining.

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I was beyond confused as I thought it was just the sunglasses Mickey that was valid in the park.

UMM!!! I just discovered that Cardcash purchases on my Chase Ink card counted for the 5x rewards categories :dogdance:. I was totally not expecting that and just putting the purchases on my Ink to meet the minimum spend. Useful if you dabble in MS or are otherwise addicted to maximizing credit card rewards.

Now if I could just get the DisneyVacationAccount peeps to put my $100 back into my account. :mad:

ETA: Raise did NOT count for 5x Ultimate Rewards.
Nice discovery!

I found out that Amex considers Raise to be a "small business" so I got double points during a bonus program in January. -- Suzanne

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere, I haven't been on the budget boards for a while. But I wanted to let everyone know that my Amex cards (specifically, my Delta and Hilton Honors cards) have an "offer" this month that for every $100 purchase at Target or Wal-Mart (in store only) you get $30 statement credit back. You can do this up to 5x. I just spent $100 at Target buying a Disney GC and I rec'd notice that I will get my $30 back. They also have the same deal at BJs, but you can only use it 3x. But BJs already has the cards slightly discounted, so even better. My plan is to get $800 in gift cards for $560 and use them to fund a Disney Vacation Account along with other cards from Target (at 5% off) and then get an additional 2% off. I could try what others have done here and by Target GCs and then use them on Target.Com for an add'l 5%, but I have heard a LOT of horror stories about buying the GCs online, so I think I will just stick with buying the Disney GCs in the store.

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere, I haven't been on the budget boards for a while. But I wanted to let everyone know that my Amex cards (specifically, my Delta and Hilton Honors cards) have an "offer" this month that for every $100 purchase at Target or Wal-Mart (in store only) you get $30 statement credit back. You can do this up to 5x. I just spent $100 at Target buying a Disney GC and I rec'd notice that I will get my $30 back. They also have the same deal at BJs, but you can only use it 3x. But BJs already has the cards slightly discounted, so even better. My plan is to get $800 in gift cards for $560 and use them to fund a Disney Vacation Account along with other cards from Target (at 5% off) and then get an additional 2% off. I could try what others have done here and by Target GCs and then use them on Target.Com for an add'l 5%, but I have heard a LOT of horror stories about buying the GCs online, so I think I will just stick with buying the Disney GCs in the store.

It's been mentioned, but it doesn't hurt to mention again.

I had both of these offers. The first one I'm not using to buy Disney gift cards. I'm using it to buy groceries at Walmart because it's rare to get a Walmart discount--Target discounts are much easier for me with Kroger fuel points and my Amex Blue Preferred.

I went to BJs today to try out the offer. I got a free 60 day membership online and had to go to member services to get my card (this took forever). Because the gift cards are discounted ($47.99 for $50 gift card) I had to add something to my order. Then I couldn't use self check out because of the gift card so I waited forever in one of the two open lines. But it was well worth it. Had the email from Amex right away. I need to do this twice more. Loving my Amex offers right now!

Does anyone have the Citi AAdvantage card and have successfully earned miles on Raise.com transactions? I have purchased about $600 in Target gift cards, but now am second guessing myself on whether or not I will earn miles on those transactions.

Does anyone have the Citi AAdvantage card and have successfully earned miles on Raise.com transactions? I have purchased about $600 in Target gift cards, but now am second guessing myself on whether or not I will earn miles on those transactions.
The AA card should earn miles on every purchase. The only exception would be an actual cash advance.

My amex does 6% cash back at grocery stores. Discovered this morning that publix sells disney gift cards. Amex does not look at the items purchased, just where the purchase was made. Does not work at target since that is considered a dept store.

My amex does 6% cash back at grocery stores. Discovered this morning that publix sells disney gift cards. Amex does not look at the items purchased, just where the purchase was made. Does not work at target since that is considered a dept store.
I buy everything I can with a gift card from Kroger using my Amex Blue Preferred. Well worth the $75 annual fee--especially when you throw in the offers.

I got a code from a member..but I also got the offer in the mail for the $200 gc.

I read for the reward card I can go to epcot for the meet and greet. Anyone know which character is typically there?

Also, we are going to the wave and the disney visa will give me 10% off. But I want to use the disney gcs I have been buying. ..the only way to get 10% is to use it correct? I can't just show the card correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter