Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Target today. I had a free $50 Target gift card I got from MyPoints. When I tried to purchase a $50 Disney gift card the cashier told me you can't purchase a gift card with a Target gift card. I told her Yes, you can, you just can't purchase it online. She insisted I couldn't and at that moment the manager walked by. She told her what I wanted to do and the manager said No you can't. I said Yes, you can, just not online, but in store you can. So she told the cashier Go ahead see what happens, and it accepted the gift card as payment. They were both surprised. The manager said something about how you can't do it with iTunes, and the cashier agreed and said she had a problem with it. Then the manager said it shouldn't work but anyway, it worked so that's good. I said Thanks and that was pretty much it. Then they rang up the rest of my purchases separately. Meanwhile the whole time I was acting all confident and matter of fact, but I was holding my breath. :scared:
Glad they eventually accepted it! I would’ve just put the Disney GC on the belt with all my other items, let the cashier scan everything, then use the Target GC as payment. I’ve done that before and they don’t seem to notice (or maybe my store just doesn’t care) that the Target GC is more than the amount of my non-GC purchases.

Glad they eventually accepted it! I would’ve just put the Disney GC on the belt with all my other items, let the cashier scan everything, then use the Target GC as payment. I’ve done that before and they don’t seem to notice (or maybe my store just doesn’t care) that the Target GC is more than the amount of my non-GC purchases.

Thanks. Yeah, I thought about that but I bought stuff I might have to return and then the refund usually goes to a gift card. Besides I wanted to see what would happen. lol.

Hi, all-
I have $540 in Target gift cards. Can I buy $500 in disney gift cards with this in store along with other items so the total price is over $540, pay with the gift cards and put the balance on my red card? Sorry, I never did this before!

Hi, all-
I have $540 in Target gift cards. Can I buy $500 in disney gift cards with this in store along with other items so the total price is over $540, pay with the gift cards and put the balance on my red card? Sorry, I never did this before!

Yes, you should have no problem doing that.

Hi, all-
I feel like I’m missing the point of your question. If your total purchase exceeds the amount you have available on a gift card, of course you can play the balance with any other payment method. You’ll only get the red card 5% discount on the amount you put in the red card.

Question for the Shopkick folks out there, I've got best buy gift cards I'm looking to convert soon but noticed that for the last few weeks best buy has only been 1 kick per $1 in the Shopkick app. I noticed that it fluctuated a bit from 2 to 1 during the summer but only for a few days here and there. Is it likely to stay 1 to 1 for a while because we're getting into the holiday seasons? I'd hate to spend a couple hundred, then the next day/week it pops back up to 2 and now I've missed out because I have no patience :)

Question for the Shopkick folks out there, I've got best buy gift cards I'm looking to convert soon but noticed that for the last few weeks best buy has only been 1 kick per $1 in the Shopkick app. I noticed that it fluctuated a bit from 2 to 1 during the summer but only for a few days here and there. Is it likely to stay 1 to 1 for a while because we're getting into the holiday seasons? I'd hate to spend a couple hundred, then the next day/week it pops back up to 2 and now I've missed out because I have no patience :)
It used to be 2 unless they were running a special. Then it was 4. It's been 1 for the last month or so. I'm not optimistic that it will return to 2 unless it's a special.

I've been using iBotta rather than Shopkicks the last several times I've shopped at Best Buy. iBotta pays 2% cashback even when paying with Best Buy gift cards (it excludes any part that's paid with rewards certificates). A $500 Best Buy purchase earns me 500 kicks which is worth $2 in gift cards, but I get $10 in cashback with iBotta.

I have had one lady not accept Target Gift card for payment for a Disney Gift Card, but that was when that was the only item I was buying. Since then I have just made sure to have a few items to go with the gift card for my purchase.

Thanks for the tip, just bought another one online today from BJ's.
Well I thought I bought another one on Monday, but since today is Saturday and I didn't get it, I went into my BJ's online
account and it was still sitting in my shopping cart. Yup I forgot to complete the transaction. I did it today. BJ's is
usually fast in sending out the card.

Been awhile since I bought Disney GC but with our trip next week I checked Target’s website and saw they now offer digital Disney GC. Question - I noticed when I added them to my cart the RC discount was applied like I was hoping...is there any issues I need to know about? Will the order get canceled or have issues if I order 10 $100 digital cards at once? Does the RC discount actually work? This would be way easier for me than having them shipped or scrounging around various Target stores trying to find all the remaining cards.

Where does everyone find the heads up on gift card deals? I started following this thread last month when the BB anniversary sale was going on and the Kroger offer and it was awesome LOL. September didn't seem to have many deals. Our trip is in 3 weeks so looking to stock up on discounted spending money but I don't know anywhere to look for deals except this thread.

I've been using iBotta rather than Shopkicks the last several times I've shopped at Best Buy. iBotta pays 2% cashback even when paying with Best Buy gift cards (it excludes any part that's paid with rewards certificates). A $500 Best Buy purchase earns me 500 kicks which is worth $2 in gift cards, but I get $10 in cashback with iBotta.

I have ibotta and was trying to do this as well. Are you purchasing online or in store. And...you're using best buy GC to purchase Disney GC right? I tried this a couple weeks ago online, got to the check out and couldn't figure out how to pay with a best buy gift card.

I have ibotta and was trying to do this as well. Are you purchasing online or in store. And...you're using best buy GC to purchase Disney GC right? I tried this a couple weeks ago online, got to the check out and couldn't figure out how to pay with a best buy gift card.

I'm doing it in store and yes, I'm using Best Buy GC to pay for Disney GC. I just have them scan the QR code from iBotta on my phone. It usually takes a few days for the rebate to show up in my iBotta account. I don't believe you can use a gift card to buy gift cards online anymore. It was always very iffy with most orders being cancelled but now I don't even see where you can add a gift card as a payment option.

I'm doing it in store and yes, I'm using Best Buy GC to pay for Disney GC. I just have them scan the QR code from iBotta on my phone. It usually takes a few days for the rebate to show up in my iBotta account. I don't believe you can use a gift card to buy gift cards online anymore. It was always very iffy with most orders being cancelled but now I don't even see where you can add a gift card as a payment option.

Thanks. Ok, well that explains it. I couldn't find a spot to pay with a GC either. Wouldn't ya know, now my cash back option for best buy is gone on my ibotta. Hopefully it will pop back up within the next few weeks, our trip is at the end of the month.

My Best Buy % back on ibotta seems to come and go without much warning that I can see. But it's definitely the best deal when it is there!

I bought a gift card from Disneystore site (Shopdisney now) on August 26 during a special 7% cash back promotion from topcashback. Thought what the heck, as I was buying a $25 gift card with no filler items. TCB did credit me for the purchase and paid out yesterday! It was only the regular rate of 5% though, but I wasn't about to complain. It's only 5% back, but if you don't have a Redcard this would be a good option to save a little. I only purchased the one card, so I would definitely say YMMV right now.

Where does everyone find the heads up on gift card deals? I started following this thread last month when the BB anniversary sale was going on and the Kroger offer and it was awesome LOL. September didn't seem to have many deals. Our trip is in 3 weeks so looking to stock up on discounted spending money but I don't know anywhere to look for deals except this thread.

We find them here :)

I think a lot of people stumble on them in as much as say they are on the Best Buy site looking at something and see the offer for the BB GC's. They then are nice enough to post about it here. I am sure others are on other budget type websites and see stuff there and share here. Some are well known such as the Target 5% and the BJ's savings on Dis GC's as they are on going.

I find deals on doctor of credit and slickdeals.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter