Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the 10% at Cardcash as well, but the Target website lists the Disney gift cards as not sold in stores. If that is the case, and you can't use them online for gift cards, aren't you unable to take advantage of the 10% for a Disney trip savings?

All Targets in my area do sell Disney gift cards in store. I already have my $500 Target egift card from CardCash loaded into my Target account and will stop after work today to buy 5 $100 gift cards. Then I bring up the egift card on the Target app in store to scan it. Sometimes you have to go to the electronics department or near the greeting cards to find them, but my stores have $50 cards at the registers. And I'm located near Pittsburgh, PA for reference.

But if I buy 4 refillable mugs on the first night (which will only be about $80) can I give them a gift card with $1000 on it and then charge against that $920 balance for the next few days?
No. One CM allowed me to apply a $100 gift card to my account when my total was $99.63, leaving me with a 37¢ credit balance, but she made a point of telling me that she wasn’t suppose to do that.

Any credit balance is refunddd to the credit card on file. If they allowed you to do what you want, you could essentially convert gift cards into cash. That’s probably why they’ve become so strict about it.

No. One CM allowed me to apply a $100 gift card to my account when my total was $99.63, leaving me with a 37¢ credit balance, but she made a point of telling me that she wasn’t suppose to do that.

Any credit balance is refunddd to the credit card on file. If they allowed you to do what you want, you could essentially convert gift cards into cash. That’s probably why they’ve become so strict about it.
Oh good point. Thanks!

But if I buy 4 refillable mugs on the first night (which will only be about $80) can I give them a gift card with $1000 on it and then charge against that $920 balance for the next few days?
No. Every once in a blue moon a CM will run a credit on the account but as PP stated they can get in big trouble if something goes wrong. The best way to handle gift cards is to go to the front desk at the end of each night and pay down that day's charges.

My interesting tale of being the once in a blue moon person! Technically this is possible by my suspicion is it's not permissible for the CMs to do this. I've been using gift cards at Disneyland Hotels for years (GCH, club level concierges have turned me down so it's VERY unusual, the last report I saw of this happening to someone at WDW was a long time ago) but my last trip was the first time they ever let me pre-pay for my room. I don't do packages so I pay on-site, the day's room charge and parking charge post one day at a time to the account. Usually, I have to pay each night on the previous day's charges including room, parking, and the charges in the parks. They had never allowed me to pre-pay anything besides the first night in advance with my gift card. Idk why I lucked into the once in a blue moon CM who allowed me to pay my room charges and parking charges in advance on my first day last trip (maybe I was due for some pixie dust?) but it did end up running a credit on my account so that when I went to pay my charges down at night I was unable to do so because there was a large credit showing on the account due to pre-payment of the room and parking charges. I know the CM that did that for me was VERY unusual because the CM at the desk the night I tried to pay my day's charges was VERY confused. Almost panic like confused and called the other CM over and they both stared at the screen and I told them I had already paid my room and parking charges with my gift card and then they said it shows as a credit on the account so you can't pay anymore until it's all used up.

@DisneyMom93 - The updated MDE app allows you to view your room charges right on the app. I used it on our trip last month and found that charges showed up almost instantly. You can easily keep track of your charges and then go to the front desk and pay them off with the GCs when you pass $500 or $1000, whatever the amount is of the GCs you have.

Make sure you go the night before you check out to pay off any remaining balance, because Disney will charge the credit card on file overnight for any outstanding balance on your room account. We’ve done this for several trips now and never had any issues.

@DisneyMom93 - The updated MDE app allows you to view your room charges right on the app. I used it on our trip last month and found that charges showed up almost instantly. You can easily keep track of your charges and then go to the front desk and pay them off with the GCs when you pass $500 or $1000, whatever the amount is of the GCs you have.

Make sure you go the night before you check out to pay off any remaining balance, because Disney will charge the credit card on file overnight for any outstanding balance on your room account. We’ve done this for several trips now and never had any issues.
:thanks:

Cardcash has 10% off Target egift cards today. I've bought from them numerous times without issue. I have a trip coming up in November, so 10% was good enough for me to jump on to get the remaining amount I need.

Oh wow! What a great deal. This beats the 5% Walmart gift card with my Freedom and then 4% off from Sams. Have we used this site for huge amounts of giftcards? Any concerns?

Oh wow! What a great deal. This beats the 5% Walmart gift card with my Freedom and then 4% off from Sams. Have we used this site for huge amounts of giftcards? Any concerns?

I've bought over $2500 from them this year for Target with no issues. I do always advise you use the gift card quickly after receiving when buying form these resellers. And I received my egift card email just a few minutes after ordering today. Sometimes it has taken longer.

Unload your cards ASAP if you can but ABSOLUTELY unload them before you reach the end of their guarantee (idk how long that is now). I had cards drained practically instantly back in the day when you could still order online with a gift card. CardCash refunded my purchase as per their terms and conditions but then blocked me for a couple months. (Although they never admitted to blocking me but when every order is cancelled it's pretty obvious). Rather left a sour taste in my mouth...

Cardcash has 10% off Target egift cards today. I've bought from them numerous times without issue. I have a trip coming up in November, so 10% was good enough for me to jump on to get the remaining amount I need.
Good deal! Any experience with how long the promo runs?

To confirm, I can use an Amazon GC to purchase another company's GC on their site? Can I use one to purchase an Amazon GC? I thinking about Christmas and want to use my SB GC's towards GC's for my nieces/nephews but I would prefer not to give them the SB printout if I can avoid it.

To confirm, I can use an Amazon GC to purchase another company's GC on their site? Can I use one to purchase an Amazon GC? I thinking about Christmas and want to use my SB GC's towards GC's for my nieces/nephews but I would prefer not to give them the SB printout if I can avoid it.

Yes, you can use an Amazon gift card balance to purchase a third party gift card or electronic gift card. No, you cannot use an Amazon gift card balance to purchase another Amazon gift card or Visa prepaid gift cards.

Really wanted to thank you for this tip! I saw your post here before I saw the deal on SD and other channels. I bought $750 worth for regular shopping at Target that I had planned anyway. It's been a looooong time since I last saw a deal this good for Target. Now I can give my REDcard a break for a while.

Yes, you can use an Amazon gift card balance to purchase a third party gift card or electronic gift card. No, you cannot use an Amazon gift card balance to purchase another Amazon gift card or Visa prepaid gift cards.
Thanks!

There were still a lot available this morning!
I've been out of the Target game for a while now. We can still buy Target gc's and use them in store for Disney gc's? Since these are ecards are you downloading them and scan your phone at register?

I've been out of the Target game for a while now. We can still buy Target gc's and use them in store for Disney gc's? Since these are ecards are you downloading them and scan your phone at register?
Yes, with the exception of a few reports from people who were not permitted to use them. They work just fine at self-checkouts. It's the individual store managers who are not allowing the Target GC -> Disney GC purchases. Target corporate policy does not prohibit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter