Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a wedding present from Target online and just received the 5 off 50 promo for online purchase. I used it and got the 5% discount for red card. It would not let me use my stored gift cards for purchase online though. I think this still works in store though (I tried it last in June)

My husband just got an email promo code from Target for $5 off $50 for "stuff in his cart" and I used it for a $50 Disney gift card.

It specifically said not for Target or specialty gift cards, but I figured I'd try it anyway and it worked! So I saved $5 plus 5% for paying with my Red Card. I saved $7.25. Got it for $42.75 total.

I ordered a wedding present from Target online and just received the 5 off 50 promo for online purchase. I used it and got the 5% discount for red card. It would not let me use my stored gift cards for purchase online though. I think this still works in store though (I tried it last in June)

Ebates credited me for this, so give that a try also if you get these offers in the future. It ended up being $42.32 (15.36% off) total with the cashback.

Dang it!!! I used my etsy amex promo yesterday thru ebates..... it didn't pop up for the $15 on my amex page yet!!! Yesterday when I checked the page it showed 0 added to card..... has it glitched like this for anyone else? I'm gonna try to SM .... it's an etsy thru paypal purchase....now the whole page looks glitchy again,what is happening

Dang it!!! I used my etsy amex promo yesterday thru ebates..... it didn't pop up for the $15 on my amex page yet!!! Yesterday when I checked the page it showed 0 added to card..... has it glitched like this for anyone else? I'm gonna try to SM .... it's an etsy thru paypal purchase....now the whole page looks glitchy again,what is happening

I didn't think you could use PayPal for your AMEX purchases/rewards? I thought it had to be WITH the AMEX. I would assume it'd show up on your statement as PayPal and not Etsy.

If you paid Etsy thru PayPal, the charge on your AmEx will go thru as PayPal and not Etsy. You may not get credit for that. I believe that you had to pay with the AmEx directly thru Etsy.

noooooooooo!!! really? that stinks!!! I had no idea there was a difference....Update- so I called customer service- the agent assured me he could see the purchase, but b/c it went thru paypal it might take upi to 90 days to trigger the credit(?) don't know if that's true or not, but he said if it doesn't pop up, to call again and they will do a manual credit to my account....so that's good.

Last edited:
Off topic but I was pretty proud of this.

Yesterday DH was at a conference for work. He is expected to make donations to this organization. He found out that silent auction 'wins' count towards his total donation. So he hunted out all the 'baskets' that had gift cards in them that could be converted to something 'useful'. He skipped over the golf clubs and restaurant gift certs. I guess he does pay attention to all my ramblings.

He ended up winning a $200 Visa gift card (and some wine) for a $250 donation he planned to make anyway.

I imagine you guys already saw this, but this week if you purchase $150 in home goods at Target, you get a $40 gc. I am buying that much anyway so it's a cool $40 in Disney money.

I imagine you guys already saw this, but this week if you purchase $150 in home goods at Target, you get a $40 gc. I am buying that much anyway so it's a cool $40 in Disney money.
Do you know if you can do this multiple times? I want to buy about $450 of furniture, so I am wondering if I can do it in three transactions and get $120 in gift cards?

Do you know if you can do this multiple times? I want to buy about $450 of furniture, so I am wondering if I can do it in three transactions and get $120 in gift cards?

I'm pretty sure the $40 GC for $150 is online only. But it's just a promo code you add to the order, so as along as each order meets the threshold, you should be able to use it multiple times.

Details from the target page:
Spend $50 get a $10 giftcard or spend $150 get a $40 giftcard on select home items. Enter code HOME at Checkout to receive giftcard...Offer expires 09/30/2017 at 11:59pm PT.

The $10 for $50 is available in stores as well, there's a coupon in the flyer or cartwheel or text to get it.

I'm pretty sure the $40 GC for $150 is online only. But it's just a promo code you add to the order, so as along as each order meets the threshold, you should be able to use it multiple times.

Details from the target page:
Spend $50 get a $10 giftcard or spend $150 get a $40 giftcard on select home items. Enter code HOME at Checkout to receive giftcard...Offer expires 09/30/2017 at 11:59pm PT.

The $10 for $50 is available in stores as well, there's a coupon in the flyer or cartwheel or text to get it.
Thanks for that answer! Saved me having to look it all up :)

Question though: if you have exactly $150 in your cart and you pay with a Red Card to get the 5% discount, will that make your transaction ineligible for the $40 gift card? Would you have to spend over $150, in other words, to make up for the discount?

Thanks for that answer! Saved me having to look it all up :)

Question though: if you have exactly $150 in your cart and you pay with a Red Card to get the 5% discount, will that make your transaction ineligible for the $40 gift card? Would you have to spend over $150, in other words, to make up for the discount?

Nope, the RedCard discount is separate. I've done multiple coupons/promotions where I make the threshold by pennies, get the offer and then pay less with the RedCard.

I went to Target today. I had a free $50 Target gift card I got from MyPoints. When I tried to purchase a $50 Disney gift card the cashier told me you can't purchase a gift card with a Target gift card. I told her Yes, you can, you just can't purchase it online. She insisted I couldn't and at that moment the manager walked by. She told her what I wanted to do and the manager said No you can't. I said Yes, you can, just not online, but in store you can. So she told the cashier Go ahead see what happens, and it accepted the gift card as payment. They were both surprised. The manager said something about how you can't do it with iTunes, and the cashier agreed and said she had a problem with it. Then the manager said it shouldn't work but anyway, it worked so that's good. I said Thanks and that was pretty much it. Then they rang up the rest of my purchases separately. Meanwhile the whole time I was acting all confident and matter of fact, but I was holding my breath. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter