Disney Everything Else Swap Sign Ups

The theme she posted was "Mickey & the Gang" which implied the "Fab 5" to me. (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto & Donald) A combo of the 5 would be more useful than, say, just Minnie. Personally I have more use for Mickey than the others, but any of the five would be okay too.

I look at it this way: Our family has never been to Typhoon Lagoon or to WDW at Christmas, but we were all given a choice of "Everything Else Disney" when setting our themes. I figure that there will be a few things I won't be able to use. (I'll either save them until we go again or use them to barter with another scrapper Mom who's been to WDW. ;))

If Limmer had chosen "Minnie" as her theme, we wouldn't have said anything. You know?

I'd like to sign up for this swap. I can do the shaker boxes in both A & B. Could I do Epcot for one and Tink for the other?

I'm new to this swapping board but I have swapped for quite a while and I'm active on two scrapbook boards.

Jeanne

Limmer said:
Maybe I will just stick to Mickey. OK with everybody?

Anyway you do it is fine with me, Mickey or the main characters.You should do whatever you think will work, we trust you :)
Franne
PS The swap is officially CLOSED
We have every category filled :cheer2:

In reply to Limmer's question...on mixing things up or staying with all the same thing. As for me...I don't care...I just think this swap thing sounds fun and like Piratesmate mentioned some of us have never been to WDW durring Christmas or to many of the other places brought up...so I'm also expecting to get things from the swap that I just can't use (right now) and will either save them or trade with one of my scrapbuddies. So what ever we get is good for me. :D

This being my first swap...i'm sort of nervious on what I'm doing. I made my toppers yesterday...and I'm hopeing there good enough. (I like it and would use it myself...but I'm just not sure it's what I was suppose to do.)..Well It's a topper and that was my pick...so I guess it's right??? :smooth:

I'm looking forward to the Cruise swap. Has there been a charactor swap? After Limmer's question on which to do...I started thinking a charactor swap would be fun and something that all disney scrappers could use. :rolleyes:

I love the idea of a character swap. Maybe that would be great after the cruise swap.

Ok, we have 22 swappers for each Group :) So everyone needs to send me 22 of each item they make.
Please place all of your items that you make in plastic type bags or envelopes for each person. Then put all of them into a large ziplock bag. So if you are participating in both groups, you will send me 22 sets for Group A and 22 sets for group B. When I get everything I will swap them out and send them back to you.
Please remember to include $3.85 for return postage for your goodies to get to you, it can be in the form of a stamp or conceled cash. I think I am going to try using the USPS.com mailing labels so we can get free delivery confirmation (At least I think that's how it works, then we can at least track the packages should some become lost)
If anyone knows that for sure, let me know. I will get the priority mail envelopes from my post office, so no need to send one.
I will send you my address through PM later today.
I think that about does it...if I missed anything, please let me know as this is my first time hosting :)
You girls have all been great!
Franne

WDWMom said:
I love the idea of a character swap. Maybe that would be great after the cruise swap.

Me too!

BTW - I've been looking at pix of elements from previous swaps & am so sorry I didn't get into this sooner! Any hope you'll repeat the parks again after cruises & characters?

Thanks again Franne! :teeth:

piratesmate said:
Me too!

BTW - I've been looking at pix of elements from previous swaps & am so sorry I didn't get into this sooner! Any hope you'll repeat the parks again after cruises & characters?

Thanks again Franne! :teeth:

That would be great, let's see if I can get through this one first...lol
I just sent everyone my address, let me know if you didn't get it
Thanks!
Franne

Hi ladies ,

wanted to welcome some of the new ladies to the swap group. My name is Cyndi and I was the hostess for the last four swaps ( which was a series of swaps for the four parks ).Many of you have asked about the different swaps we have done. I have been swapping here for over two years. You name it we have probably done it. We have done parks, characters, birthday, elements, fibers, chrismas, seasons, etc. As Franne has stated the next swap scheduled is a cruise swap. Usually after a swap is completed someone suggest a new theme and maybe even to host it.Then if there is enough interest a sign up will be posted. I am sure the suggestions everyone has made will come up again in the near future. If you would like to see some examples of the work the ladies do here you can view ( thanks Em ) :

Magic Kingdom swap
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31336693&f=0

Animal Kingdom swap
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31395093&f=

You will not find a better group of ladies to swap with , or better swap items to recieve. I look forward to seeing everyone's work.

Happy swapping, and Franne thanks for hosting.

Cyndi princess:

Can you believe I'm done?!? :blush: I posted them (frames and journal boxes) on two peas if you want to take a peak!! I'll tell ya, I couldn't have done it without my wonderful Sizzix!! Love that thing!! (If there is something else I need to add, just let me know, remember I'm new at "swapping"!! I made 22 of each frame and 22 of each journal box.)

Disney Swap 1/05

Goofygirl0207 has a cheerleading competition tomorrow, so she will probably complete her goofy frames Monday or Tuesday (no school). We got her goofy colored card stock on Friday night so she is all set!

Can't wait for the character swap since there are no Disney cruises in the future for me. :sad:

Awesome! I have to admit, I almost didn't look. :blush: As expected, yours look absolutely great.....and also as expected, I ended up feeling like mine just don't cut it. :( I'm guessing they're okay, since I checked out quite a few others before starting...just to make sure my idea would be "enough."

Gotta get busy! ;)

One thing to keep in mind is everyone's view of "great!" is different and one thing that makes these swaps soo great is that everything is soo different from what I usually do that I love it. Some people are full into the multi-layer lots of elements pieces others are not and both are just great :)

So do what you think is great and I'm sure all of us will think its great too :)

-em

Disneyland_emily said:
One thing to keep in mind is everyone's view of "great!" is different and one thing that makes these swaps soo great is that everything is soo different from what I usually do that I love it. Some people are full into the multi-layer lots of elements pieces others are not and both are just great :)

So do what you think is great and I'm sure all of us will think its great too :)

-em

I so totally agree!!!

I know you're right Em & Franne. It's just one of my many personality quirks/flaws. ;) Part of it is that I'm so enamored of the fun fur/feathers/etc embellishments right now...but those won't "fit" too well on a 1 inch square. ;)

The thing is, if someone else had sent me what I made I would have liked it & been happy. :rolleyes: I told you....it's a personality flaw. Poor DD is pretty much the same way & I know it's my fault.

Deb,
the one good thing about these swaps is that we get to see all of the different ideas everyone comes up with. And this also makes for great diversity. I have learned so much from the ladies here and each of us brings something different to the swap. I'm looking forward to seeing things from all of the new people. I agree with Franne and Em. And Jackie man that was fast ! Great job.

Cyndi princess:

I really like the variety of items I have gotten in these swaps. Some things are fancier than others, but they are all great. And I get a lot of ideas to use in future lay outs. :D

quick question on the baggie thing...I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right....If we are doing both group A and B...we will need to place each item in 22 diffrent bags...for one group then 22 other bags for the second group....then all 44 bags into one large bag??? Now...if we are doing both A and B...we can't put the sets together into one bag for each 22 swappers???

BTW...I checked the 2peas site...the frames and boxes look great...Love the punch...it's soooo cute. I think I saw them in the store the other day...or at least something that made me think it was close to that...what ever it was I'm thinking I may have to go back and pick myself up on or two...especaly if were doing the charator swap latter.

Well I'm just about done with my items...but for some reason I was thinking it was 20 items of each...so I have that many done now...I guess I'll have to do the other 2 of each Monday.

scrapperjill said:
quick question on the baggie thing...I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right....If we are doing both group A and B...we will need to place each item in 22 diffrent bags...for one group then 22 other bags for the second group....then all 44 bags into one large bag??? Now...if we are doing both A and B...we can't put the sets together into one bag for each 22 swappers???

Well I'm just about done with my items...but for some reason I was thinking it was 20 items of each...so I have that many done now...I guess I'll have to do the other 2 of each Monday.

Oh my gosh, everyone is working so fast! I haven't even gotten my supplies yet!!
You are right about the baggies, when I get them I can just put one baggie in each envelope. So when you get your stuff back at the end, you will have 44 baggies in your envelope, one from each person in the swap :)
Franne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter