Disney Everything Else Swap Sign Ups

piratesmate said:
OK - I deserved that! ;) I keep asking dopey questions, but I did actually know you bought the eyelets.

It's just that I used to set eyelets into fabric to make clothes when DS was an infant & they were a real bugger to do! I've also been reading over on ScrapJazz & several other sites about how much trouble people were having with them.

So am I still wrong or do I finally have this "right"? To do eyelets (not that I'm volunteering, mind you!) you buy some ;) & set them into paper - your choice of how it's done. As in one person might set them into a tag type piece and another might choose to set them into a long piece such as a border....or even set 6 star-shaped eyelets into a Topper for Wishes. Is that it?

This is the best part about eyelets......you don't do anything with them! You buy them, put them in a baggie, and send them in! No setting or anything! :cool1:
And remember, there are NO dumb questions!!! If you have the question, others probably do too and are afraid to ask! (ok, the teacher in me is coming out, this is what I tell my students all the time!) :teacher:
Franne

Please put my DD goofygirl0207 in for frames in group B. I will ask her what theme she would like to do tomorrow. I'm sure she will enjoy this a lot!! Thanks!! She thought the fiber swap was the COOLEST THING!! She couldn't wait for the return package!

Franne, you gals are all early birds... I only get on at night... I want to do the journal boxes, in Disney colors... red/black red/yellow/black?

I think I still need another category, what's left?
Can you PM me?
Thanks!
Kathy

OK Franne, I went back and reread the list.
Do I have to committ to two different things?
Or just one, The embellished picture frames?

Can you explain a shaker box?
I'm giving some thought for the type of frames... Basic Disney colors?
Or princess colors? Any suggestions?
Thanks again!
Kathy

Okay...put me down for Once Upon a Time...as my theme. Will that work???

Maybe I need some ideas of themes....HELP :bitelip:

My theme.... If I go with basic Disney colors... I'm thinking, "Magical Memories" "Happiest Place on Earth?
Ok? or too corny? :wave:

TinkerKat said:
OK Franne, I went back and reread the list.
Do I have to committ to two different things?
Or just one, The embellished picture frames?

Can you explain a shaker box?
I'm giving some thought for the type of frames... Basic Disney colors?
Or princess colors? Any suggestions?
Thanks again!
Kathy

It's up to you, if you commit to 2 things, one needs to be from Group A and one from Group B. I will put you down for the frames in B, and they can be any colors that go with your theme, it's up to you. The only thing left in A is the Shaker Box. Here is a link to a picture of one- http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4084831&a=31336693&p=68915985
Basically it has beads or something that "shakes" inside, I am not sure how they are contructed, maybe someone else out there can help. I kow they use the 3D foam dots. Let me know if you would like that.

Franne

TinkerKat said:
My theme.... If I go with basic Disney colors... I'm thinking, "Magical Memories" "Happiest Place on Earth?
Ok? or too corny? :wave:
That's fine, after all is it :)

Scrapperjill said:

Maybe I need some ideas of themes....HELP
Scrapperjill said:
I thinks that's fine too.

If anyone wants to change later on, just let me know!
Franne
PS- I think it's great we have some DDs in this swap :)

Franne said:
That's fine, after all is it :)

Scrapperjill said:

Maybe I need some ideas of themes....HELP
Scrapperjill said:
I thinks that's fine too.

If anyone wants to change later on, just let me know!
Franne
PS- I think it's great we have some DDs in this swap :)

My DD has been wanting to join a swap and she loved the fibers so I thought I would ask her for this. She is so excited. Of course, I will over see her, but she is pretty good.

Some themes could be

Castle
Magical Memories
DownTown Disney
transportation, buses boats,
waiting in lines, crowds
restaurants, eating, menus

Let's see if I can come up with some more

Ok Franne! Thanks for all your hard work!
I will committ to Frames in B and Shaker box in A
Please let me know my final count.
Kathy

Can I get in on this? I've never participated before so I may need some guidance! I'd like to sign up for the Photo Mats in group B with a theme of Fireworks.

Diana, I hope you don't mind, I moved you to Group A instead of B. I hope that's not a problem. I had MomtoMadi listed 2x in A and none in B.

WDWMom- That's great, let me know what she wants to make and the theme.

To everyone- Please check and make sure you are down for the right elements. As of right now we have openings in Group A - shaker box
Group B- paper piecing and Shaker box.
As soon as those are filled, the swap will be closed and I can send you all the info :Pinkbounc
Franne

OK, I talked to DD (goofygirl0207) after school today about the swap, SHE WAS SOOOO EXCITED!!! I should have figured that she would want to do "goofy" as her theme!! (Duh, mom?!?) So, immediately after her tumbling class :cheer2: we went to AC Moore and purchased some "goofy colored cardstock" for her frames!! Green, orange and blue. Of course we had to buy some of those 50% off sizzix die cuts so our frames would be different!!! So she is all set, GOOFY THEME FOR GOOFYGIRL0207!! Thanks again!! :cool1:

I changed my theme...To magical Disney...or Disney Magic...something along that line. I figure with all the Magic Disney has to offer everyone...that would be a good theme that most everyone could use in some way.

Franne, I was just thinking and I am not sure what I had planned to do is allowed so I will ask before I make all these things and have to redo them. What I had been thinking (but did not say) was one character per person with matching themes. Ex. 4 embellished squares with Minnie and Minnie borders and 4 embellished with Pluto and Pluto borders. So not everybodys would be the same. Is that allowed? Would you prefer everybodys to be the same? I have only ever done a punchie swap before.

scrapperjill said:
I changed my theme...To magical Disney...or Disney Magic...something along that line. I figure with all the Magic Disney has to offer everyone...that would be a good theme that most everyone could use in some way.

No problem, I'll go ahead and change it :moped:
Franne

Limmer said:
Franne, I was just thinking and I am not sure what I had planned to do is allowed so I will ask before I make all these things and have to redo them. What I had been thinking (but did not say) was one character per person with matching themes. Ex. 4 embellished squares with Minnie and Minnie borders and 4 embellished with Pluto and Pluto borders. So not everybodys would be the same. Is that allowed? Would you prefer everybodys to be the same? I have only ever done a punchie swap before.

It's up to everyone else. The only problem I would see if someone gets a character they can't use or don't like. I think if you stick with the basic characters that would be fine. What do all of you think?
Franne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter