Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have a picture of what their cake is going to look like?? How elaborate can the pasty chef's on DCL get?? can they do the same cakes for Wishes brides??

2186059881_96ebd4e905.jpg

I "borrowed" this cake from another cruise bride and I plan on attaching it to my contract as the cake I WANT! LOL Here is the info from the planning paper work I got:

Included in your intimate wedding package is a two-tiered cake with white butter cream icing and a keepsake cake topper. The following flavors are available for your cake:

Cake Flavors..........................Filling Flavors:
Chocolate ..........................Chocolate Mousse
White ..........................White Chocolate Mousse
Yellow ...........................Strawberry Mousse
Marble ...........................Bavarian Cream & Butter Cream

yes..i picked plain yellow cake with buttercream (which, I like) but I am going to ask the onboard coordinator to have some PALO chocolate and vanilla sauce to drizzle over...YUM!!

I really liked Cheryl's (chepic) cake. It was square. Being our first cake was heart shaped, I thought it would be neat if our next one was different also, and hers was so pretty.

101_1058.jpg

I like that cake!

I'm thinking I want the cake with the Mickey stamps though.:guilty:

yes..i picked plain yellow cake with buttercream (which, I like) but I am going to ask the onboard coordinator to have some PALO chocolate and vanilla sauce to drizzle over...YUM!!

I'm pretty sure we went with white cake with buttercream. I love the idea about the vanilla and chocolate sauce!

I don't know if they can do the chocolate..but it can't hurt to ask..

:lmao: I can't wait for you all to come back so i can get all my questions answered finally. :lmao:

I haven't been on much - trying to catch-up on everything on my meet board.

Some disappointing news on my VR..they have us scheduled for 5:30 VR..same time as our dinner..says they can't really change it...someone else has the 4:00 p.m. We are not doing Palo that night as we have a DD11 and she obviously can't go. I am trying not to stress about it but don't want to feel rushed for the VR.

Congrats everyone on the weight loss..I have loss 14 lbs and am trying to lose more before the cruise. I would have loved to fit back into my dress but I don't think that will be happening..I need to go find something new. We picked out our music and cake and flowers. I dislike roses but I guess that's my only real choice.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hello everyone....just found this thanks to Patricia...

Pixie...don't get too worried about the times, when we arrived on the Magic, we met with Florencia..our VR coordinator on board...the first night and she was able to arrange everything that I couldn't. We couldn't get the "private" room in Palo because of the timing, so we just had a large round table in the middle, and it was fantastic. And as for the cake, we had kids at our VR, so we did the cutting and eating there in Sessions, and had the left over sent up to Palo, however, we ended up not even eating it because they sent over every dessert known to man to us and we were so full. We did have the chocolate cake with the strawberry mousse and everyone loved it, and most of the kids wore it well.

Good luck.

Cheryl

they moved your cake? They told me that they couldn't move it for health reasons after it had been cut..

My DD will be disappointed at not seeing the cake, but I think she will be happy if I bring her some

they moved your cake? They told me that they couldn't move it for health reasons after it had been cut..

My DD will be disappointed at not seeing the cake, but I think she will be happy if I bring her some

Yes, they wrapped it and brought it upstairs. When they asked if we wanted it also...:lmao: like we could eat it after all the rest of the food!!....they said they would wrap it up and send it to our room. Because I hadn't planned for that, I didn't have anything I could keep it in to smuggle it back into the USA, I told them to give it to the crew. They thanked me profusely.

My son was thrilled to have shared it right after the ceremony and had no idea that we were doing anything else.

cheryl

she will be off with her friends at the club..as long as she doesn't see what she is missing, she will be ok

Cathy sent me a message today...they are trying to match my flowers..I wanted jade roses, so she has been talking to the florist

Hello to all, I have been reading all through this thread to try to get some info about a VR for my cruise in August 2009. My DH said we should get our vows renewed on our cruise next year, it will only be myself, him and my DD who will be 6. Is that normal, do people have VR's with only them, and/or their kids? I don't think anyone else in our families will go on the cruise.

Hello to all, I have been reading all through this thread to try to get some info about a VR for my cruise in August 2009. My DH said we should get our vows renewed on our cruise next year, it will only be myself, him and my DD who will be 6. Is that normal, do people have VR's with only them, and/or their kids? I don't think anyone else in our families will go on the cruise.

Nikki,

it's just my hubby and I renewing our vows in September (for our 25th). We have made some friends on the disboard for our cruise meet, and may see if a couple of them want to come and enjoy our cake and champaign. But if not, it's just the two of us planned.

When I was researching the VR stuff, most of the cruise renewals were only the couple themselves. When talking to Florencia, our coordinator on the ship, she said that we were one of the biggest groups they have had, and that it is usually just 4-6 people at the most.

I SAY GO FOR IT!!!!

cheryl

cheryl - how many people did you have? We have 15 people at the VR and 13 coming to Palo for dinner..I thought we were a small group because they told me that if I went more than 18, I couldn't do it on Deck 7

Cathy sent me an email today..jade roses and green cymbidium orchids are A-OK with the florist!! WOO HOO!!
ETA - A small "large" group...i have seen pics of just the bride and groom VR's

cheryl - how many people did you have? We have 15 people at the VR and 13 coming to Palo for dinner..I thought we were a small group because they told me that if I went more than 18, I couldn't do it on Deck 7

Cathy sent me an email today..jade roses and green cymbidium orchids are A-OK with the florist!! WOO HOO!!
ETA - A small "large" group...i have seen pics of just the bride and groom VR's

We had a total of 24 people come (adults and kids) and we needed to be in Sessions due to the size. We were told any more than 15 on deck 7 would be a tight squeeze. We only had 10 adults at dinner....we would have had 12 however 2 of them couldn't come......in which they gave us a large round table in the middle of the room..where the breakfast buffet was set up. We chose that because the time they gave us for the private room was not good, and after seeing it, I was glad we were in the middle of it all. We could see the chef/kitchen from where we were. We had a good view of the ocean from all around, and we could hear the piano. When we had eaten at Palo for brunch, we sat right near the private room, some one was having a family thing there, and didn't like how enclosed it was. Just my opinion.

Good for you and the flowers, ask them to have a few extra, and when you have your hair done, they can put them in.
101_1149.jpg

101_1121.jpg

cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter