Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if I can have mixed coloured roses in my bouquet at my vow renewal inSeptember. I haven't decided for sure but I wondered if I can mix colours. I really like the colours in the tropical but think I would prefer roses. I quite like the colours in The floral tiki torches as they seem to be mixed roses.

I would also LOVE to know the definite answer to this question... I want a tri-colored rose bouquet I'm having faux flower arrangements for everyone else in my wedding party (BM, MOH, MOB, MOG, FOB, FOG, etc) and I already purchased a mix of 3 colors of artificial roses... I was under the impression that you could mix colors, but I don't know for sure... any future or former brides know the answer? I hate bugging Shanda for little things like this, lol

I would also LOVE to know the definite answer to this question... I want a tri-colored rose bouquet I'm having faux flower arrangements for everyone else in my wedding party (BM, MOH, MOB, MOG, FOB, FOG, etc) and I already purchased a mix of 3 colors of artificial roses... I was under the impression that you could mix colors, but I don't know for sure... any future or former brides know the answer? I hate bugging Shanda for little things like this, lol

I mixed two colors but was told a could mix any and every of the available colors.

Do they give you a wedding cake server and champagne flutes with the package to keep? If not, did any of you bring your own? I was thinking of surprising my parents at their vow renewal by bringing their original server and flutes from their wedding but a little nervous about it since they have been kept so nicely for 35 years.

I think what they give you depends on your dates. Its best to look at the paperwork you sign for to know whats included or ask your wedding coordinator. I know that the items have changed back and forth a few times over the years. Also I think some of the items are meant to be a surprise. From what I've read I do not believe the champagne glasses are included.

I think what they give you depends on your dates. Its best to look at the paperwork you sign for to know whats included or ask your wedding coordinator. I know that the items have changed back and forth a few times over the years. Also I think some of the items are meant to be a surprise. From what I've read I do not believe the champagne glasses are included.

We got married in September and received the cake server set. It was in a box and delivered to our room. We also received the mickey and minnie cake topper which was not in a box and delivered to dinner. Our wedding coordinator later brought us a box for it (after we asked for one). Champagne glasses were provided for use bit we did not get to keep them, nor did we want to try to travel with them so we didn't care. Nothing else was given to us.

Thanks for the responses. I am too nervous about bringing their wedding champagne flutes aboard. I would hate for them to break. It might have made their Vow Renewal more special but not willing to take the risk. But I am glad they will receive the cake server set. That will be very nice.

Hey! We're getting married on the same sailing (Dream Apr 19-22) - my fiancee and I will be getting married on the 21st at Castaway Cay. We'd love to meet you and your fiancee once we get on board!!

BTW, do you happen to know Sterling and Hula? We heard from them that their friend was getting married on the same ship and we can only assume it's you! =)

Karyn I'm so excited about our sailing!! i cant belive its only a week away!! :cool1: I cant wait to see your Castaway Cay wedding!! :) We would love to meet once we are on board! Are you nervous, excited, stressed? I'm all of the above. :) I get more and more of each of them as each day passes. I dont know Sterling and Hula, it must be another bride on board! :yay: Hope you have safe travels to the port! see yall in a week!!!! :D

Hi Karyn and flawlessdreams, we are two brides having our ceremony on the April 20th on the Dream. See you there! :bride: :bride:

SEE YA THERE for sure!!! excited for all of us!!! What an exciting events this will be!! Question for you twobrides... are you wearing your dress all day? I was planning on wearing it the rest of the night! :)

I'm a DISboard lurker... have been for the past month. I prob have read most of your TRs.

I am getting married on Castaway Cay on the Disney Dream During the October 10th-13th 2013 Sailing.

I have another DIS Bride Lisa R. as my travel agent and so far I love her.

I have sent out my save the dates already, 115 people invited, but most of those are courtesy invites and I know they will decline. I'm hoping my final guest count to be in the 50-60 range.

My wedding colors are royal blue and grey/silver.
I already placed a deposit on my dress... Getting Cinderella 205 from Alfred Angelo but I'm cutting the train off and making the zip back a lace up back, and maybe adding straps.

I have a few things already in the works as far as stuff for my welcome bags. I want to do embroidered towels (like Lisa did), reusable 20oz water bottles, and perhaps Lanyards with a card holder so people have a safe place to keep their room cards in. I also want to include 4 mini airplane sized bottles of liquor in each bag. Along with typical stuff like sunscreen and first aid kits and such.

I just wanted to stop by and say Hi.

I'm a DISboard lurker... have been for the past month. I prob have read most of your TRs.

I am getting married on Castaway Cay on the Disney Dream During the October 10th-13th 2013 Sailing.

I have another DIS Bride Lisa R. as my travel agent and so far I love her.

I have sent out my save the dates already, 115 people invited, but most of those are courtesy invites and I know they will decline. I'm hoping my final guest count to be in the 50-60 range.

My wedding colors are royal blue and grey/silver.
I already placed a deposit on my dress... Getting Cinderella 205 from Alfred Angelo but I'm cutting the train off and making the zip back a lace up back, and maybe adding straps.

I have a few things already in the works as far as stuff for my welcome bags. I want to do embroidered towels (like Lisa did), reusable 20oz water bottles, and perhaps Lanyards with a card holder so people have a safe place to keep their room cards in. I also want to include 4 mini airplane sized bottles of liquor in each bag. Along with typical stuff like sunscreen and first aid kits and such.

I just wanted to stop by and say Hi.

Welcome! :goodvibes
Your plans sound great, and the Cinderella is a gorgeous dress. Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding!

Thanks for the congratulations ladies! We just got back this morning from our honeymoon (DCL, WDW, DL). DF figured if we were doing the cruise and then WDW after, we might as well go to DL too! Now, we just have the parks in Asia left to check off our list!

I'll try to get some pictures up later, but for now, I'm just trying to get caught up on laundry and all that fun, after the honeymoon stuff! We got the cake service, the weddings bag, and the cake topper. Unfortunately, the robes were not included (they were sure nice to lounge around in though). P.S. The marble cake with the milk chocolate caramel ganache filling was AWESOME!! The chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream was good too, but I liked the other one the best!

SEE YA THERE for sure!!! excited for all of us!!! What an exciting events this will be!! Question for you twobrides... are you wearing your dress all day? I was planning on wearing it the rest of the night! :)

Great!!! We'll see you on board.

I'm going to keep my dress on for after the ceremony and during our dinner in Palo. I'm going to change out of my dress for the fireworks on deck.

I've learned a lot as I've done my commitment ceremony planning. After I get back from the cruise I'm going to post some tips. :)

Just as an FYI, if you want your guests to all sit together at the dinners, let Shanda know and I would suggest doing what a couple of the other brides did and making a seating chart. I didn't and my parents were sat at another table from me. If this happens and you want it changed, go to guest services asap! Our wedding coordinator (Laura-she was great) said that it should be easy to do. I didn't and I regret it.

Also, I would suggest that if you're video taping your wedding and you want your vows on the recording, use the mic that the officiant has (if you're on CC). Our video was shot from less than 5 feet away, and you can't hear either of us because we told the officiant no when he offered the mic.

I saw someone said something about wearing the dress all day.... DO IT!! I put mine back on for dinner and loved every second of wearing it around the ship. People looked at me funny, but who cares! It was pirate night too so I added some costume jewelry and a scarf (and my mickey ears of course). :bride:

Enjoy ladies! It's a great time!!!! :love:

Just as an FYI, if you want your guests to all sit together at the dinners, let Shanda know and I would suggest doing what a couple of the other brides did and making a seating chart. I didn't and my parents were sat at another table from me. If this happens and you want it changed, go to guest services asap! Our wedding coordinator (Laura-she was great) said that it should be easy to do. I didn't and I regret it.

Also, I would suggest that if you're video taping your wedding and you want your vows on the recording, use the mic that the officiant has (if you're on CC). Our video was shot from less than 5 feet away, and you can't hear either of us because we told the officiant no when he offered the mic.

I saw someone said something about wearing the dress all day.... DO IT!! I put mine back on for dinner and loved every second of wearing it around the ship. People looked at me funny, but who cares! It was pirate night too so I added some costume jewelry and a scarf (and my mickey ears of course). :bride:

Enjoy ladies! It's a great time!!!! :love:

Congratulations!!!

Thank you for the pointers. I'm doing an onboard ceremony, but I wonder about the mike thing we were planning on doing away with the podium to keep it more personal. Plus I don't really like the way it looks in pictures. I plan to wear my wedding dress all night. should I worry about getting ashes on my dress?

I can't wait to see pictures or hear any advice you have for us future cruise brides.

Congratulations!!!

Thank you for the pointers. I'm doing an onboard ceremony, but I wonder about the mike thing we were planning on doing away with the podium to keep it more personal. Plus I don't really like the way it looks in pictures. I plan to wear my wedding dress all night. should I worry about getting ashes on my dress?

I can't wait to see pictures or hear any advice you have for us future cruise brides.

Thank you! We had a verandah and watched the fireworks from there (in our robes!) but they are shot off the right side (starboard) of the ship so I would guess there really shouldn't be a problem with ashes if you are on the other side (especially if the wind is blowing away from you).

Congrats and have fun to flawlessdreams, karyn09 and twobrides042012! Just a few more days and you all join the club!! :bride:

Thank you! We had a verandah and watched the fireworks from there (in our robes!) but they are shot off the right side (starboard) of the ship so I would guess there really shouldn't be a problem with ashes if you are on the other side (especially if the wind is blowing away from you).

Congrats and have fun to flawlessdreams, karyn09 and twobrides042012! Just a few more days and you all join the club!! :bride:

Hrm you've got me thinking. Our cabin is deck 10 aft but its the right hand corner. Maybe we won't watch them from our cabin.

Hrm you've got me thinking. Our cabin is deck 10 aft but its the right hand corner. Maybe we won't watch them from our cabin.

Our room was on the right of the boat up toward the front so right under the fireworks. We didn't get any ashes on our verandah. Have fun! The one thing I regret about watching from our room was we missed the show up on deck. :( We heard it and everyone told us it was pretty neat. pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!