• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been doing the same thing..I also will be using the tax relief check to pay more down

I just found this board (I have been on the others for awhile). We are booked to do our VR on the August Repo Cruise through the Panama Canal.

About us: Hubby and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary a couple of days after the cruise docks in Florida. I have always wanted a Disney wedding but could not afford it when we got married. We have an 11 year old daughter. I have always teased my husband because his proposal didn't go as planned. Because I was married before...I didn't expect a huge wedding. We were a couple who just kind of "decided" it was time to get married. On the day we went to order our invitations..we dropped my daughter off with her grandparents who could only watch her for about an hour. We arrived at the store to get the invitations. Since I didn't have a ring yet, my hubby felt that I should have one before we started the "official" planning of the big day. Here we were..sitting in the front seat of my Toyota Camry..in front of a party store and my hubby-to-be at the time starts telling me how much he loves me and looking forward to spending his life with me..I of course had no clue and was in a hurry..I snapped at him..are you done? We have a babysitter for less then an hour and we have to get moving! The shocked look on his face told me that I have stepped right into it! He pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him..of course by then...a romantic proposal had gone out the window (as romantic as you can get in the front seat of a car in front of a party store) He put on the ring and said - I just thought we should be officially engaged before we start planning. Well... since then..I have always teased him about my "romantic" proposal. Imagine my surprise this past January when out to dinner for my birthday..I opened a Precious Moments Bride and Groom with Mickey Ears as my git! I then opened my card and there was a picture of the Magic that my husband had created with Disney Weddings all over it! He then asked me to marry him again on the ship! So..now we are planning our VR for August!

I have nothing picked out (although I am pretty sure the theme to Titanic is out for the cruise) ..I am stressng about getting back into my wedding dress (still have quite a few pounds to go!) So..I am reading everyone's posts hoping for all my answers! I love the pictures and think I will go with doing the VR inside..the deck 7 sounds nice but my haircut does not lend itself to wind so unless I want to be disppointed with my pictures..I think I will stay inside.

Congrats to all the brides-to-be!

Desiree

Welcome!!

We have similar stories..after we got married at the courthouse (i still wore a veil, pics below, because I wanted my wedding day to be special) we went and got DsS and DD from school and had dinner

I ordered announcements...that was fun! I am looking now at ordering some "Save the Date" cards for the people on the cruise..although they all know..DCL provides invitations in the cabins the night before the event...

I can't wait!

Paid off the VR cruise today!!

GOt my answer with the Palo dress too...Shirts and linen pants are A-ok!

I'm glad that they were OK with that. I'm sure your DH and the guys will look better than the guy we saw at Palo on our last cruise. Short-sleeve, bright yellow dress shirt...the tail of which was sticking out of his fly!

I just found this board (I have been on the others for awhile). We are booked to do our VR on the August Repo Cruise through the Panama Canal.

About us: Hubby and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary a couple of days after the cruise docks in Florida. I have always wanted a Disney wedding but could not afford it when we got married. We have an 11 year old daughter. I have always teased my husband because his proposal didn't go as planned. Because I was married before...I didn't expect a huge wedding. We were a couple who just kind of "decided" it was time to get married. On the day we went to order our invitations..we dropped my daughter off with her grandparents who could only watch her for about an hour. We arrived at the store to get the invitations. Since I didn't have a ring yet, my hubby felt that I should have one before we started the "official" planning of the big day. Here we were..sitting in the front seat of my Toyota Camry..in front of a party store and my hubby-to-be at the time starts telling me how much he loves me and looking forward to spending his life with me..I of course had no clue and was in a hurry..I snapped at him..are you done? We have a babysitter for less then an hour and we have to get moving! The shocked look on his face told me that I have stepped right into it! He pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him..of course by then...a romantic proposal had gone out the window (as romantic as you can get in the front seat of a car in front of a party store) He put on the ring and said - I just thought we should be officially engaged before we start planning. Well... since then..I have always teased him about my "romantic" proposal. Imagine my surprise this past January when out to dinner for my birthday..I opened a Precious Moments Bride and Groom with Mickey Ears as my git! I then opened my card and there was a picture of the Magic that my husband had created with Disney Weddings all over it! He then asked me to marry him again on the ship! So..now we are planning our VR for August!

I have nothing picked out (although I am pretty sure the theme to Titanic is out for the cruise) ..I am stressng about getting back into my wedding dress (still have quite a few pounds to go!) So..I am reading everyone's posts hoping for all my answers! I love the pictures and think I will go with doing the VR inside..the deck 7 sounds nice but my haircut does not lend itself to wind so unless I want to be disppointed with my pictures..I think I will stay inside.

Congrats to all the brides-to-be!

Desiree

That's a fun story Desiree! I remember you posting on the cruise meet thread about your VR. We were also already booked back then, but we wanted to tell our friend who is travelling with us in person first before posting on the thread. Hope to see you onboard!

I can't wait to read move about you VR. There just isn't enough DCL info for weddings and VR on here. That is why I tried to pack my Planning Jornal full of information!

Alfred Angelo called last night...my dress is in!! Think I will go Friday or Saturday and pay it off then get the fittings started!! WEEE!!!

You're getting close! have you had your dress fittings yet??

Are you able to make appointment for the spa and salon before you go? I know normally you can't, but can your WC make reservations for those along with your Palo reservation?

hey it's been quiet here. We want to see pics after your fitting (for us poor saps that can't be on every cruise to see all the beautiful brides). I love reading TR, makes me feel so much a part of that special day.

I picked up my dress on Saturday...I have actually lost more weight since I ordered it...i think I am going to have to have it taken in about 1 size. Guess that is better than having to have it let out..

Image-8B7F4C900E3511DD.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/momme30/PhotoAlbum96.html

Look how Skinny you are getting! Way to go! My DF and I joined Weight Watchers last week and at the first weigh in I lost 7.4 pounds. I KNOW how hard this is and you are looking great!

Thanks Lisa!! I have made 57lbs this week...I am going to post a picture that I took last August when that dress wouldn't even zip (it is on my work computer)!!
I was looking at our wedding pics from August 3rd..
Image-7BB1424741F611DC.jpg

57!!! Girl what are you doing???? I am very excited for you! That is so great!:yay:

I was doing WW online for about 6 months straight..now I am just watching how much I eat..

I actually eat everything I want...instead of having a whole potato..I share it with my DD ..Portion control was hard until my stomach shrunk..now, I get way full and ill if I eat too much

I started April 17th of last year...so the gym I go to says that is perfect..about a pound a week

I haven't worked out much in the last few months..I had a hernia operation in January, so I can't do anything that strains my stomach...no weights or crunches..so I have adjusted my food to make up for the lack of exercise

WOW you look amazing!! Ok, so now i can tell that that dress is definalty not the one. I so don't have the chest for it. :guilty:

I wouldn't say that...the model at Alfred Angelo doesn't have one..I think it looks smoother on her
58ebc5de-3fe5-4f2e-9772-a55f696c0963.enlargedNormal.jpg

actually...if you look at the picture I posted tonight..you can see a girl in the mirror..she was much smaller than me and it was gaert on her. Sometimes a big chest is really a curse!

Funny..I came out of the dressing room wearing MY dress and she was trying on the ivory demo dress...

I picked up my dress on Saturday...I have actually lost more weight since I ordered it...i think I am going to have to have it taken in about 1 size. Guess that is better than having to have it let out..

Image-8B7F4C900E3511DD.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/momme30/PhotoAlbum96.html

WOW!!!! You look amazing. I saw the before photo from when you tried it on and I can't believe how great you look (you didn't look bad before, but now, WOW!!!) I am sure hubby will be ohhh laaa laaa -ing when he sees you!

The Weight Watchers is going good. We get tons of points and have been making healthy choices. If we can do as well as you I will be more then happy!

I found the pics from last summer when I tried on the dress...same exact size that is in my closet that needs to be taken in!!
I am holding the dress up with my arms because it wouldn't zip!
dh4k2b.jpg

2vrxrn9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter