Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from our wedding on the Disney Dream. We stayed in a One-Bedroom Suite and let me tell you, the concierge team was WONDERFUL! On top of all of our wedding goodies, the concierge team was always leaving us presents in our stateroom. They sent a comped bottle of champagne over the morning of the wedding so that my bridesmaids and I could all have a glass of champagne while we were getting ready. I fell down some stairs the night before the wedding and had to get stitches. When they found out they sent ice packs and extra bandaging for my injured legs. Further, there was a free cocktail hour before each dinner seating. It was nice to be able to grab a glass of wine in the lounge and take it to dinner. If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to answer :)

This all sounds so fantastic! Now if only we could sweet talk the Concierge check in cast member enough for an upgrade ;)

We just got back from our wedding on the Disney Dream. We stayed in a One-Bedroom Suite and let me tell you, the concierge team was WONDERFUL! On top of all of our wedding goodies, the concierge team was always leaving us presents in our stateroom. They sent a comped bottle of champagne over the morning of the wedding so that my bridesmaids and I could all have a glass of champagne while we were getting ready. I fell down some stairs the night before the wedding and had to get stitches. When they found out they sent ice packs and extra bandaging for my injured legs. Further, there was a free cocktail hour before each dinner seating. It was nice to be able to grab a glass of wine in the lounge and take it to dinner. If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to answer :)

When you say one bedroom suite did you have a normal room or were you on a different floor?

When you say one bedroom suite did you have a normal room or were you on a different floor?

It's to my understanding that one bedroom suites are set up differently than regular verandah rooms. They seem to be on Club level and perhaps larger. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

the one bedroom suites are much larger then a regular verandah room. They have 2 bathrooms and almost a double verandah.

421776_2431915016396_1807280997_1453757_471917605_n.jpg

We were married in a private ceremony before going on our Honeycation on DCL this is from Formal night and our One hour photo session.

the one bedroom suites are much larger then a regular verandah room. They have 2 bathrooms and almost a double verandah.

Correct. We were in 12012. The verandah was huge because we were on the bump out. The room had an enormous master bath and a pretty spacious dining area. Made getting ready a snap.

So what does it mean to be concierge? We don't have a suite or fancy room. What does that entail?

It just means you get earlier check-in online (120 days out) so you can pick an earlier boarding time (we got the 11 am boarding) and you get "first" pick on the excursions/spa/etc. You also get to board the ship first in your group (I'm going by the TR's I've seen-I can't wait!) Basically though, you get a lot of the luxuries of being concierge level, but not all. Our civil ceremony isn't until 3 pm so we'll have a long time on the ship wandering (and eating) before our civil ceremony.

DF and I will also need to make some top hat ears for him. He also is not a fan of the new tuxedo Mickey ears.

Besides being able to book spa, dining and excursions 120 days out and "early" boarding, are there any real benefits to concierge? Has anybody perhaps had any experience with some upgrades? We're staying in an ocean view with no verandah, so even a regular verandah room would be fantastic! But there still seem to be some concierge level rooms available on our sailing. It's probably really wishful thinking but how nice would it be to get a surprise upgrade? ;)

I also changed the veil on my Minnie ears as well as made his tophat. The tuxedo hat they have now just isn't as cool, right?

We're only 22 days out now, and we haven't been upgraded in our room. It would be awesome if they did though since the only room left on our sailing is the $15,000 concierge with verandah room! :rolleyes1: It's half the size of my house! I could throw a party in there for all of my guests! DF said there's no way they'd give us that room-they'd rather keep it empty and special then let someone who didn't pay for it get to stay in it. Makes sense but still.....

It just means you get earlier check-in online (120 days out) so you can pick an earlier boarding time (we got the 11 am boarding) and you get "first" pick on the excursions/spa/etc. You also get to board the ship first in your group (I'm going by the TR's I've seen-I can't wait!) Basically though, you get a lot of the luxuries of being concierge level, but not all. Our civil ceremony isn't until 3 pm so we'll have a long time on the ship wandering (and eating) before our civil ceremony.

I also changed the veil on my Minnie ears as well as made his tophat. The tuxedo hat they have now just isn't as cool, right?

We're only 22 days out now, and we haven't been upgraded in our room. It would be awesome if they did though since the only room left on our sailing is the $15,000 concierge with verandah room! :rolleyes1: It's half the size of my house! I could throw a party in there for all of my guests! DF said there's no way they'd give us that room-they'd rather keep it empty and special then let someone who didn't pay for it get to stay in it. Makes sense but still.....

I actually inquired about having some guests in the walt or roy suite and was told even if I payed for guests dinner in suite they wouldn't be allowed past the concierge gate only guests staying in the concierge can visit concierge guests. Not sure how this would be enforced but something to think about.

I actually inquired about having some guests in the walt or roy suite and was told even if I payed for guests dinner in suite they wouldn't be allowed past the concierge gate only guests staying in the concierge can visit concierge guests. Not sure how this would be enforced but something to think about.

AWWWWW that's a shame. Meaning even if any of us got upgraded, we wouldn't be able to bring our wedding parties into our rooms to get ready together. Or our own photographers. Unless they have money :-/

They don't let people in the rooms?? How does that work?? My bridesmaids were in the Walt and Roy suite and they has several parties during the cruise and I got ready in the Roy before the wedding. I can't imagine having that big room with a full dining room and not being able to have a party..they even had a menu for platters and cakes for parties.

They don't let people in the rooms?? How does that work?? My bridesmaids were in the Walt and Roy suite and they has several parties during the cruise and I got ready in the Roy before the wedding. I can't imagine having that big room with a full dining room and not being able to have a party..they even had a menu for platters and cakes for parties.

Maybe it's a new thing? I can't believe they wouldn't let people in either. Maybe they have you give them a guest list?

AWWWWW that's a shame. Meaning even if any of us got upgraded, we wouldn't be able to bring our wedding parties into our rooms to get ready together. Or our own photographers. Unless they have money :-/

We sailed less than two weeks ago and were allowed to have people in our rooms, so long as we came and let them in the gates. However, unless you are willing to shell out some money for it, I wouldn't hold my breath for an upgrade. I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone spontaneously being upgrade to concierge on the Dream. That being said, I think one of our guests, who didn't stay concierge, was offered an upgrade for around a thousand dollars for her family of four, which would have been totally worth it, IMO.

No idea how it works. But that was the response I received when I asked if I could host a small cocktail party for approx 6 guests in the roy or walt room. I even asked why they had seating for six. I was told so that that guests of the room could use them. I then said but the room has a 5 person limit. I was then told that those were the policies. So I don't know I would say someone who has actually used the space succesfully could better answer this. But this was the response I received from the cruise reservation agent, who also places reservation for cruise wedding. I have also asked what are the private options and additions that can be added to personalize my cruise wedding experience and am still waiting for a reply. When I do receive one I'll be happy to share it with everyone on the boards.

No idea how it works. But that was the response I received when I asked if I could host a small cocktail party for approx 6 guests in the roy or walt room. I even asked why they had seating for six. I was told so that that guests of the room could use them. I then said but the room has a 5 person limit. I was then told that those were the policies. So I don't know I would say someone who has actually used the space succesfully could better answer this. But this was the response I received from the cruise reservation agent, who also places reservation for cruise wedding. I have also asked what are the private options and additions that can be added to personalize my cruise wedding experience and am still waiting for a reply. When I do receive one I'll be happy to share it with everyone on the boards.

I would call Shanda and ask her. She is usually more helpful than other wedding agents I've found. But, she's out of the office until Monday right now.

On a side note..... HOLY COW!!! I only have 2.5 weeks left until my wedding! I can't believe it! I've been waiting since Jan 2011 for this day! :yay:

Hi DCL brides!

I am in desperate need of your guidance. Here's my situation: I just got notice from our good friend who is also our WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER that he may not be able to attend our wedding. He is just gotten accepted into the Florida Highway Patrol and maybe sent off to Academy in April. Our sailing is on May 6th!!!! Apparently it's just a rumor but it is a devastating rumor nonetheless! At this point we need to start thinking of emergency plans if worst comes to worst. We were originally going to pay for half of his cruise fare ($300) since he was already going to be on the ship regardless of whether not he was going to take pictures.

At this point were not even sure if we would be able to get Disney photographers to take pictures at our wedding since we are at 55 days away and we have already turned in our planning guide!!!
What the world should we do? Cruise fare for our sailing starts
at least $1500, so even if we do find an outside photographer that is willing to take pictures at our wedding, it would cost is five times as much as we are originally going to spend. What would you do?PLEASE HELP US!

Hi DCL brides!

I am in desperate need of your guidance. Here's my situation: I just got notice from our good friend who is also our WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER that he may not be able to attend our wedding. He is just gotten accepted into the Florida Highway Patrol and maybe sent off to Academy in April. Our sailing is on May 6th!!!! Apparently it's just a rumor but it is a devastating rumor nonetheless! At this point we need to start thinking of emergency plans if worst comes to worst. We were originally going to pay for half of his cruise fare ($300) since he was already going to be on the ship regardless of whether not he was going to take pictures.

At this point were not even sure if we would be able to get Disney photographers to take pictures at our wedding since we are at 55 days away and we have already turned in our planning guide!!!
What the world should we do? Cruise fare for our sailing starts
at least $1500, so even if we do find an outside photographer that is willing to take pictures at our wedding, it would cost is five times as much as we are originally going to spend. What would you do?PLEASE HELP US!

Shanda will email you soon and have you check over everything to make sure it's right. At that time, you may be able to add photography. Shanda gets back on Tuesday, so I'd call and let her know the situation.

Oh, and I had a similar situation (DBIL might not make it to our sailing) I called DCL and they said as long as it's an adult for an adult you should be able to change the name of the person sailing up to the day before the cruise, but it's $50 extra to do this and they of course need all the appropriate documentation. Again, I'd check with DCL, but that's what I was told.

Shanda will email you soon and have you check over everything to make sure it's right. At that time, you may be able to add photography. Shanda gets back on Tuesday, so I'd call and let her know the situation.

Oh, and I had a similar situation (DBIL might not make it to our sailing) I called DCL and they said as long as it's an adult for an adult you should be able to change the name of the person sailing up to the day before the cruise, but it's $50 extra to do this and they of course need all the appropriate documentation. Again, I'd check with DCL, but that's what I was told.

I've started emailing everyone possible including Shanda in trying to come up with a back up plan. We were pretty sure that his money would be completely lost since its past the cancellation period. This gives me a little hope. But at the same time, he was going to be staying in an inside room with two of our other school friends and my grandfather in law to be. Everybody in our wedding party has been pooling together to room together in an effort to save money. So any photographer that joins us would have to agree to ackwardly stay with three random strangers. Maybe if I find somebody who would take our pictures in exchange for a discounted room? We probably wouldn't be able to pay much more than $300 for someone to join us....

If anybody knows anybody who will take a discounted room on the May 6th sailing of the Disney Dream in exchange for taking our pictures, please PM me :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter